Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-02, 05:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Hope everyone had a safe trip back home. The highlight of our trip back was Paddy Wagon dusting off an Acura MDX. Also we ran into that Shelby Cobra that was running the Dragon (with the 914) on the hwy as well.

In case you didn't notice, Ethan created a folder for pics of our meet here -->https://www.clublexus.com/photo1/sho...at=519&thumb=1

Let's post comments/stories here (and maybe a 'favorite photo') and put the rest in the gallery so we can easily find it later on.

Thanks for everyone's participation. I think I picked up a cold or something Saturday PM, I've got a 102 fever and bodyaches. What are the symptoms for West Nile again (rhetorical, I'll go to google and check it out)?

Again, I had a great time - thanks for coming.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-08-02 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-08-02, 05:34 PM
LexFather

I'm back, the Dragon was INCREDIBLE!!! Write up to come, thanks guys, I had a BLAST!!!
Old 09-08-02, 06:10 PM
ccarnel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great time

Dave and other CL members,
I had a great time running the Dragon and blue ridge parkway with you this weekend. I found that everyone was open minded and there to have a good time. I wanted to be there on Sat. night for the boozing and gambling but a spoon exhaust was calling my name. Im eager to see all the pics so fire up those digital camera's already!!
Old 09-08-02, 06:23 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i vote Paddy Wagon (aka "kid dy-no-mite") as the member of the weekend. following him on the second pass through the gap was awe-inspiring. he drove that RX in waaaaaayyyy deeper than i did in those twisties. i would hate to see how he would drive in a more capable vehicle. i had an excellent time with you guys and have much more respect for the handling capabilities of my car now. of course, now i have to have some wheels. but i think gs4will can help me tackle that. oh and btw, did you guys hear about the idiot who tried to wax the carpet in his trunk with meguiars

Doc
Old 09-08-02, 06:24 PM
ccarnel
Driver School Candidate

photos photos photos photos.....
Old 09-08-02, 06:58 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i will have photos up in 2 hrs...........sorry for the wait
Old 09-08-02, 07:24 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...sounds like you guys had a blast...once again, props to everyone who organized the meet....

dave- hope you get well soon... , and man you do know what to pack for a trip...

doc- as we said downunder, no worries mate, we can take care that "new shoes" for the gs....anythingelse you saw in the "aristo Book"....

now, how about some pics...
Old 09-08-02, 07:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,338 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally posted by ccarnel
For those of you who don't recognize ccarnel's CL ID, here's his pic.
Attached Thumbnails SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8-charles.jpg  
Old 09-08-02, 07:39 PM
ccarnel
Driver School Candidate

Like the sign says... showtime!
Old 09-08-02, 09:50 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by ccarnel
ccarnel..you're cool..man. Thanks for joined with us. I heard Paddy is a Jeff Gordon in the RX and this man can drive . I had a good time and the dragon is great, we need to do this next year.
Thanks Dave, your g/f(NSX), Ethan(flew all the way from LA), your friend in the Carrera S4, ccarnel and everybody. Now, I need to get me some more suspension mods like Bit.'s set up. Man, I'm gonna be broke.
Attached Thumbnails SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8-dsc00570.jpg  
Old 09-08-02, 09:56 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Check out this brake set up on the S4.
Old 09-08-02, 09:57 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8-dsc00571.jpg  
Old 09-08-02, 10:03 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

NSX.
Attached Thumbnails SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8-dsc00568.jpg  
Old 09-08-02, 11:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Thanks VVT-i. It was great to meet you.

FYI to all, Dave gave a link above for a place in the gallery for pics. I'll post mine soon. Oh and DON'T FORGET TO ERASE LICENSE PLATE NUMBERS!

Dave - sorry you're not well. Sun, hard driving, beer, all the organizing you did, you probably got run down. Just stay in bed, turn off all the lights, no TV bud, and just sweat it out. Lots of fluids (water).

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-08-02 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-09-02, 12:04 AM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First of many!

Firstly, much thanks to DaveGS4 for the time and effort put into this event, particulary the legwork necessary to insure a successful event. His concern for the safety and well-being of all those in attendance guaranteed this event was memorable for all the right reasons.

Secondly, what a great bunch of people! It was a blast matching faces with the posts on CL. Everyone was ready for a good time, both in and out of our rides, and a good time was had by all. A wide range of ages and backgrounds were represented and all was cool, once again proving to me that the Right Coast (East Coast) rules! Oh, yeah, the sun rises with us.

Thirdly, what a drive! The main event...318 turns in 11 miles? What a rush...especially follwing someone with no brakelights, heheheh. I had to represent the RX, as I was the only one there. The OEM Goodyear Notegrity's held up. They sure squealed alot around some turns, though. I even set off the VSC alert one time whipping around a downhill 110º turn at 40MPH. Sheesh, I'm suffering from Delayed Stress Syndrome. Time for bed.

Lastly, Ethan. Hey, what can I say. Thanks to him for the gifts and prizes...All the way from California to hang with us in the mountains of NC. Amazing. More importantly, though, is what he brings personally to ClubLexus. I've heard his vision of what an ideal CL can be. It's a good thing. A really good thing, and anyone who doubts his commitment to this venture needs to think again. He has the desire and temperment to make CL great beyond its present scope. Join CL today. I repeat, join CL today.

Pics in the Gallery. More pics to come.

Quick Reply: SE CL Meet: September 6 - 8