Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Import Alliance Atlanta Spring Meet 2011 (April 17th)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 03:23 PM
cg112
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there! I have a 05 IS300 kinda low on Teal Green Volk GT-P's. Can't wait!
Old 02-28-11, 07:54 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
sounds good Bing, keep us updated!!
Your one of the folks I need to finalize plans with Dan. I'll be getting in touch with you this week bro.
Old 03-01-11, 06:45 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by On3_Lo35
Moving to the W now...

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/whote...ropertyID=3167

Tying to finish my GS300, but it's looking doubtful. Will be attending with my weak sauce G35

add me to the list:

On3_Lo35 - Bagg'd GFM G35 coupe
the W is mo money. can we find a nice courtyard or something reasonable. nothing fancy. i just need a bed and somewhere safe to park my car. the parking situation is probably my biggest concern. maybe i should sleep in my car
Old 03-01-11, 03:15 PM
Fsportgirl
Driver School Candidate

I am in North Atlanta (Woodstock). Thanks for the info on local stuff.
Old 03-01-11, 03:25 PM
LexFather

Fsportgirl I think you met a few of us at Caffiene and Octane a few months ago? Meets are usually posted here and on seloc.net. I also text people about meets for those that might not login the forum. If you want to be texted let me know.
Old 03-02-11, 05:17 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by baadhabit
the W is mo money. can we find a nice courtyard or something reasonable. nothing fancy. i just need a bed and somewhere safe to park my car. the parking situation is probably my biggest concern. maybe i should sleep in my car
Thats one of the reasons for this Hotel is parking. And the fact we can self park our cars. We stayed in the double tree last year and there is nothing to do anywhere close to the hotel. The car wash was 15 mins away.
Btw the double tree holds a $125 fee per night for services and room charges. They hold this fee for two weeks before they return it back on your CC. Went through that BS last year.

Hotels have tons of hidden fees now days and Atlanta hotels are the worst! Everyone has a parking fee this year of 15-45$$ per day. Stupid!
Old 03-03-11, 06:30 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Any hotels offering a military discount? Or is the group rate going to be a better rate? Any GA people know of any?
Old 03-03-11, 08:00 AM
aly250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Fsportgirl I think you met a few of us at Caffiene and Octane a few months ago? Meets are usually posted here and on seloc.net. I also text people about meets for those that might not login the forum. If you want to be texted let me know.

I'd like to be texted lol
i dont get on the forums that much
Old 03-03-11, 09:18 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

there are plenty of areas for hotels... do you want to be closer to the import alliance venue or closer to saturdays festivities? if you end up staying somewhere around duluth, suwanee.... i doubt you'll run into any issues with parking as this is a pretty safe area.

i can also house a few cars at my shop for those who don't want to take any chances, but this will require for you to stay somewhere close to the shop.
Old 03-03-11, 04:10 PM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Posted on the IS forum

also, for hotels, imo, i wouldn't stay anywhere downtown. the roads down there aren't friendly to lowered cars and there are bums everywhere. there are alot of nice areas north of atlanta, maybe 20-30 minutes north that are much safer and much more accessible for lowered cars.
Old 03-03-11, 05:02 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Posted on the IS forum
Thats why we pay more. I know it sucks! On Lo35, Zebbt66 and I looked for hotels Sunday and called @ 20 or so. The W was the most reasonable and was the only one would reduce the parking fee and give us a card so we can park inside the valet gated area.
Two days with parking included was @ $350 total after tax.

That W hotel is in one of the nices parts of Atlanta "Buckhead" area. Lots of stuff to do and we're 9 miles from the meet on sunday.
Old 03-04-11, 09:23 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

for those who don't care to stay around the buckhead area, the address to my shop is 3620 Burnette Park Dr. Suite D Suwanee, GA 30024. look around a 10 mile radius or so and you should find plenty of hotels.
Old 03-04-11, 09:50 AM
dubstar
Pole Position

yea im looking for a hotel kinda in between for saturday and sundays activities. that W hotel seems pretty damn nice, fairly reasonable price too...if im gonna stay somewhere might as well be nice and have a little self security about the car. who all is staying there? hopefully i can have everything i want done by then.
Old 03-04-11, 02:17 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

^^ what are you looking to have done to your car?
Old 03-04-11, 02:21 PM
dubstar
Pole Position

getting a set of wheels refinished and powder coated, need new lugs/center caps for them, got s lip I need to get fitted and painted also. and anything else I can find minor that I might want to do

Quick Reply: Import Alliance Atlanta Spring Meet 2011 (April 17th)