Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Any Members from South Carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-12, 08:33 AM
casrfr224
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone in Columbia area?
Old 08-31-12, 08:06 PM
pdpgps
Rookie

I'm about an hour away in Florence.
Old 09-03-12, 09:46 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

North Charleston Here ! Wish we Had some Luxury Lexus meets around here. Seems only CA,TX and FL peeps really now how to meet.lol!!
Old 09-04-12, 07:45 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to meet some locals... I'm in the Greenville / Simpsonville area. Looking for a local tuning shop for headers / exhaust on IS-F. Any recommendations?
Old 09-05-12, 05:01 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
Good to meet some locals... I'm in the Greenville / Simpsonville area. Looking for a local tuning shop for headers / exhaust on IS-F. Any recommendations?
Welcome! Only seem 2 ISFs ever in Greenville, one "white" one and one "blue" one passing through (out-of-state plates).

As far as a local shop to do performance mods on a Lexus, there really isn't one that specializes in them. But there are various shops that would take on the job to do it. Do you have the headers and exhaust already or still shopping?

Dan
Old 09-05-12, 05:55 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
Welcome! Only seem 2 ISFs ever in Greenville, one "white" one and one "blue" one passing through (out-of-state plates).

As far as a local shop to do performance mods on a Lexus, there really isn't one that specializes in them. But there are various shops that would take on the job to do it. Do you have the headers and exhaust already or still shopping?

Dan
Thanks Dan,

It's funny, I was getting on I-26 from 85Bus today, made a "quick merge" to get into traffic and guess what was right beside me - a silver ISF with SC tags. The very first day I got my car I saw another F on Woodruff Rd. These are the only 2 I have seen though and I'm out and about everyday for the most part. Gville is full of BMWs anyway. Glad I got rid of mine This is much better.

I ordered exhaust today. I posted some details of the buildup today in this thread.

I will let you know how Heads Up Motorsports does. Hopefully they do a great job and we can send some Lexus business their way.
Old 09-10-12, 07:11 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
Thanks Dan,

It's funny, I was getting on I-26 from 85Bus today, made a "quick merge" to get into traffic and guess what was right beside me - a silver ISF with SC tags. The very first day I got my car I saw another F on Woodruff Rd. These are the only 2 I have seen though and I'm out and about everyday for the most part. Gville is full of BMWs anyway. Glad I got rid of mine This is much better.

I ordered exhaust today. I posted some details of the buildup today in this thread.

I will let you know how Heads Up Motorsports does. Hopefully they do a great job and we can send some Lexus business their way.
Be VERY careful who you deal with at TDC/headsup. One of my really good friends used to work there. The things that go on behind closed doors there is very unsettling when you have big money cars there.....
Old 09-10-12, 11:23 AM
Gville350

Is Heads Up Motorsports now what once was TDCauto? I had Hubert tune my boosted Honda, and that was about all I had them do. I've heard stories, but that's all hear-say. I wish you luck on the install!
Old 09-17-12, 05:12 AM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TweakTech
Be VERY careful who you deal with at TDC/headsup. One of my really good friends used to work there. The things that go on behind closed doors there is very unsettling when you have big money cars there.....
TweakTech - please PM me with details. I'm already running into some issues there. Basically - the exhaust I ordered on 9/5 still has not showed up. I was told it was there and then got a call on Friday that said they were mistaken and it has not come yet. I'm not very happy so far with how this is progressing. May be I should find someone else.
Old 09-17-12, 05:32 AM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Is Heads Up Motorsports now what once was TDCauto? I had Hubert tune my boosted Honda, and that was about all I had them do. I've heard stories, but that's all hear-say. I wish you luck on the install!
Yeah they used to be TDC. I saw a couple of sketchy reviews online but I always take them with a grain of salt. I checked the place out and it seemed legit. I am waiting to hear what happened to the delivery of my exhaust today - that should help me make up my mind.
Old 09-17-12, 08:06 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Meanstreak - PM was sent. And yes, Headsup and TDC are one and the same. The just dropped the TDC name because of the negative reputation it had.
Old 09-17-12, 04:54 PM
Gville350

If you end up being dissatisfied with them, give these guys a call. They're in Greenville.

http://www.japauto.biz/Home.aspx
Old 09-17-12, 06:08 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TweakTech
Meanstreak - PM was sent. And yes, Headsup and TDC are one and the same. The just dropped the TDC name because of the negative reputation it had.
If you end up being dissatisfied with them, give these guys a call. They're in Greenville.

http://www.japauto.biz/Home.aspx
Thanks for the info and PMs guys. Very helpful. I am going to Headsup tomorrow to get my money back. I will let you know where I go from there. I'm really ticked at the situation right now. It's been 2 weeks since the "in stock" HKS system was ordered and I can't even get a phone call to tell me the status of it....
Old 09-18-12, 11:25 AM
Gville350

Wish you luck bro! Let us know how the experience at JapAuto turns out too.
Old 09-18-12, 12:05 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Wish you luck bro! Let us know how the experience at JapAuto turns out too.
Well I stopped by today to check on the situation and was told that the HKS system actually wasn't in stock. I cancelled everything and had them run a credit back on my card. They initially said they had my card on file and would process it later. I told them I wasn't leaving until it was processed which they were able to do. Not sure why it took me driving there to get an answer when I should have received a call as soon as they found out... anyway it is what it is. I'm moving on.

I went by JapAuto this morning. The service advisor (Female) was on the phone letting Walmart auto center have it for recommending the wrong battery for a Lexus. She told them she didn't care what their book said they were wrong and shouldn't be selling batteries for Lexus or any other nice vehicle. HA

I was not able to talk to the person I needed to so I will send an email with details of what I'm looking for and see what he thinks. I didn't see the shop area so not sure if they have a dyno or not. I'm guessing not based on the clientele. They seem much more service oriented than performance.

Quick Reply: Any Members from South Carolina?