Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

upholstery shop in Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-12, 05:40 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upholstery shop in Georgia

Can anyone refer me to an auto upholstery shop here in Georgia? Prefer somewhere close around 285?

Thanks!
Old 01-09-12, 12:59 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Hey Bo, I can check with my guy that did the 2-tone interior on my SC 300. What are you looking to have done? He re-did my seats, carpet, and headliner. He is located on the Beaver Ruin exit of I-85, tho, so don't know if that's too far out of the area you mentioned.
Old 01-09-12, 03:06 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Bing, looking to do headliner, carpet, all seats, trim pieces. basically whole 9 yards
Old 01-09-12, 06:29 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Bo, is this for the GS or another car? Lemme see if he's still there, since it's been a while since the SC wasdone. I'll give him a call for ya.
Old 01-09-12, 10:27 PM
LexFather

Bing me too... Would love a black headliner
Old 01-10-12, 07:00 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Oh cool Mike, maybe I can get us a CL discount, lol!! But seriously, when me and Tony were talking to him about doing our interiors, he gave us a pretty good price. So if anyone else is interested, I'll ask him about discounting multiple cars.
Old 01-11-12, 06:03 AM
MyGS3
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Veritek,

If you don't mind sharing, how much did he charge you to replace the carpet?
Old 01-11-12, 08:06 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

hey bing, was the place called Tony's? if yes, personally, i will never take anything to him. Had him do a small job to see if his quality of work would meet our standards and unfortunately, it did NOT!

Tim's upholstery is supposed to be one of the best around.... however, we are having issues with them too, but more so, their sub-contracted embroiderer...
Old 01-12-12, 10:00 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Bing me too... Would love a black headliner
No problem Mike, I'll ask him.

Originally Posted by MyGS3
Veritek,

If you don't mind sharing, how much did he charge you to replace the carpet?
Actually it was a package deal, so if you just wanted the carpets, the price would be different. This was a while ago, so I'll try and find the invoice for the break down.

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
hey bing, was the place called Tony's? if yes, personally, i will never take anything to him. Had him do a small job to see if his quality of work would meet our standards and unfortunately, it did NOT!

Tim's upholstery is supposed to be one of the best around.... however, we are having issues with them too, but more so, their sub-contracted embroiderer...
Hey Dan, it was Tony's Trim shop I used, but there are a couple of them. Which one did you go to, and did you talk with Tony himself? Also, this was a couple of years ago, so if it's the same shop, then things may have changed.
Old 01-12-12, 04:25 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

^^ yeah, I went to the one off Beaver ruin, it was a pretty big building and I did deal directly with Tony. His pricing was def. cheap, but then again, after the work was done, seemed like the craftsmanship suffered with the price. I am sure he is good to do certain things, but his attention to detail did not meet my standards.
Old 01-12-12, 05:21 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
^^ yeah, I went to the one off Beaver ruin, it was a pretty big building and I did deal directly with Tony. His pricing was def. cheap, but then again, after the work was done, seemed like the craftsmanship suffered with the price. I am sure he is good to do certain things, but his attention to detail did not meet my standards.
That's the same owner then, When he did my SC, he only had the original shop near Jimmy Carter, and he was still doing interiors for show cars. Then he opened another shop on Beaver Ruin. Sounds like the quality may have gone down over the years. That's a shame, but glad you were able to share your recent experience with him, but sorry it wasn't the same experience I had. So based on Dan's experience, you guys still want me to find out?
Old 01-13-12, 06:40 PM
LexFather

Just give us an update, maybe he had a rough patch and things are better.
Old 01-14-12, 12:35 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

::subscribing to this thread for future interior work!::