Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Trackdays at ROAD ATLANTA!! Drive YOUR CAR at the track!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-02, 01:27 PM
LexFather

Default Trackdays at ROAD ATLANTA!! Drive YOUR CAR at the track!

http://www.panozracingschool.com/TrackDays.asp

Road Atlanta Nov. 16-17 Sat-Sun

$225 for all day Saturday. You get to drive your car at the track.
Saturday - Touring
Designed for the first time track driver. Panoz Racing School staff will provide professional instruction and control speeds in lead/follow sessions, that will provide you the opportunity to drive on a real race track in a "sporting" fashion. This group is limited to stock, street legal vehicles only - no racecars are allowed.

Saturday - Intermediate A & B
(Based on experience and vehicle type) For the driver who would like to gradually explore the limits in a safe and controlled environment while receiving valuable information from professional instructors that are assigned to each group to monitor performance. Passing is allowed on straights with proper signaling and convertibles must have a roll bar. Race prepared vehicles are not permitted in this group. Group designation is based on level of experience and vehicle type.

Each group on Saturday will receive approximately 2 hours of track time. The groups will be limited to 30 participants per group.

Saturday - Touring and Intermediate Groups Schedule (Schedule May Be Amended To Accommodate Conditions)

7:00 AM........... Gates open
7:15 - 8:15...... Registration and Safety Inspection All cars must go through tech first, then proceed to registration.
8:30 - 9:00...... Mandatory Driver's Meeting
9:00 -10:00..... Classroom Session for Touring Group
9:00 - 9:30...... Classroom Session for Intermediate B Group 9:15 - 9:45...... Session 1 - A Group
..........(Instructor-led tours 15 min., lead/follow 15 min.)
9:45 -10:15..... Session 1 - B Group
..........(Instructor-led tours 15 min., lead/follow 15 min.)
10:15 -10:45... Session 1 - Touring
..........(Instructor-led tours 15 min., lead follow 15 min.)
10:45-11:15.... Session 2 - A Group
11:15-11:45.... Session 2 - B Group
11:45-12:15.... Session 2 - Touring
12:15-1:00...... Lunch
1:00 - 1:30...... Session 3 - A Group
1:30 - 2:00...... Session 3 - B Group
2:00 - 2:30...... Session 3 - Touring
2:30 - 2:45...... Corner Worker Break
2:45 - 3:15...... Session 4 - A Group
3:15 - 3:45...... Session 4 - B Group
3:45 - 4:15...... Session 4 - Touring

General Information Driving Rules Procedures

General Information
We ask you to remember that safety is our number one priority, and anyone racing or driving in an unsafe manner will be ejected from the event without a refund. If any questions arise concerning safety please do not hesitate to ask an instructor.

The events operate rain or shine, so come to the track prepared. No refunds will be given three weeks prior to the event. Please read and follow the rules so that your experience and everyone else's will be safe and enjoyable. We operate under the "Three Strikes and Your Out" philosophy, meaning that if you have more than three incidences, including, spins, offs, black flags, etc. you will be removed from the event without a refund.

There is a Road Atlanta county ordinance called "quiet time" on Sundays from 10:00am-12:30pm. During that time period no unmuffled cars are to be operated.

Driver Requirements
Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and have a current driver's license.
All drivers and passengers must wear a Snell 95-rated or higher helmet. A limited number of helmets are available for rent from the Panoz Racing School.
Proper shoes must be worn, no sandals or open toed shoes. We suggest sneakers.
Drivers are responsible for the conduct and safety of their guesst.
All passengers must be registered and have an armband. Passengers are not permitted to drive.
The Track Days fee is per person, not per car. You may bring more than one car to the events.
Instructors are not permitted to drive student's vehicles.
Drivers must attend the drivers meeting the morning of the event.
Vehicle Requirements
Race prepared vehicles are not allowed in the Touring and Intermediate groups. Mildly prepared racecars, Showroom Stock and Improved Touring cars are permitted in the Advanced Group only.
Vehicles in the Intermediate and Advanced Groups must receive a Technical Inspection prior to the event, this will not be done at the track, and all vehicles in all groups must pass the track Safety Inspection.
Convertibles in the Intermediate and Advanced Groups must have an approved roll bar installed.
Car numbers will be provided, and are to be placed on the top and center of the windshield.
All vehicles must have lap and shoulder belts or upgraded race harness installed.
The driver's side window and passenger's side, if a passenger is riding, must be down. Sunroof must be closed
Old 10-31-02, 01:29 PM
LexFather

Default We'll talk about it at the meet Sunday.

What do ya'll think? This is in 3 weeks. Class is 30 per group with 2 groups. I think I will go to this. I always wanted to track my car. I know it is short notice, anyone else interested?
Old 10-31-02, 01:43 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: We'll talk about it at the meet Sunday.

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
What do ya'll think? This is in 3 weeks. Class is 30 per group with 2 groups. I think I will go to this. I always wanted to track my car. I know it is short notice, anyone else interested?
2 weeks, and darn it, I'd love to, but I've got plans.

Shucks!
Old 11-04-02, 05:26 PM
bags
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be there.. a friend with an S4 will be running that day.. I am trying to get into this.. so i will de a session as a passenger..

I will let you know if and when I will be there
Old 11-14-02, 10:32 AM
bags
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: We'll talk about it at the meet Sunday.

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I can't make it..had somethign come up.. if you do go look for an asian guy in a black S4.. his name is rob real nice guy... he can tell you lots about the track and stuff
Old 11-14-02, 07:22 PM
LexFather

Maybe next yr