Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Honest local Atlanta Shops???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-13, 03:37 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
^^ exactly. no offense to the op, but i would not touch that job for $600. we recently did a motor swap into a sc400 stock for stock. the harness literally fell apart with every clip that we touched. the 3 harnesses that the customer found were also in a similar condition so we ended up having to take all of the harnesses to make one decent harness. it was a pita to say the least.
Dan,
SMH you might wanna get your story right about making a decent Harness, Cuz that's not what happened. Should I bring out the owner of the SC400 that you did a swap and the owner of the Harness that you used?

Read the title again "HONEST Local Atlanta Shops"
Old 02-02-13, 08:55 PM
Evaveli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, this thread has taken a turn for the worse! Ha...

Anyways, I was talking about mounts... not the whole engine. Don't know where the hell that came from...
Old 02-06-13, 01:02 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

I guess some people saw this thread (http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...n-Motors-in-GA) & see how active Zen here who screwed some members here & on sf.
Old 02-06-13, 04:03 PM
supraclone
Rookie

Hey guys ive found the thread, ill copy and paste my dealings with said honest shop in ATL... Stay tuned
Old 02-07-13, 08:26 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

uoohh... i read about your and some others experience with Zen Motors. being an HONEST SHOP? ... not from what i read as written by some of their clients.
Old 02-08-13, 05:02 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Evaveli
Does anyone have a contact at a reasonable honest shop in the area? I keep getting burned by these guys and I am sick of it...Thank you in advance!!!!
OP, I completely understand , when you say , I am sick of getting burned by dishonest shop or guys. I have been in that situation and it is indeed not a pleasant experience. Am sure there are still a lot of honest shops around Atlanta.

Originally Posted by Evaveli
Man, this thread has taken a turn for the worse! Ha....
lol... The title you used on this thread "Honest Local Atlanta Shops" had really caught people's attention. You will see in the next posts why suddenly some people jumped into this thread. In fact , people pleaded me to post in here cause something written on this thread somehow has something to do with me.

IT IS THIS POST BY DAN , THE OWNER OF ZEN MOTORS :

we recently did a motor swap into a sc400 stock for stock. the harness literally fell apart with every clip that we touched. the 3 harnesses that the customer found were also in a similar condition so we ended up having to take all of the harnesses to make one decent harness. it was a pita to say the least.
Dan - when I have more time , I will deal with this post of yours .. with explanations and pictures to prove that what you said on this post is not true. At this point in time , I don't think your motor shop called ZEN MOTORS can belong to that category of "Honest Local Atlanta Shops". You probably know what I will write here about this harness you are talking about. But for the benefit of Club Lexus members I will post here so it will be harder for you to victimize anyone else . Don't worry , I won't talk about the other people whom you have victimized. My concern here is only about this particular post of yours since it has something to do with me. I see some of your victims here already. They can speak for themselves.

Originally Posted by DuWerke
^^^ Those harnesses are not your friends, are they?
JB - lol , we all know how long it took your car for a 2jzgte swap.. I love that signature of yours. ..lol.. and that harness of yours was one of the biggest problem of Zen Motors...lmaol.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Should I bring out the owner of the SC400 that you did a swap and the owner of the Harness that you used?
Thanks for letting me know what's going on ... on this thread..
Old 02-09-13, 11:32 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For those interested, I have written about this harness too on a thread at SF . Here is a link of the page where I talked about it http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...s-in-GA/page11 . What I will write here might be pretty long so I will write it in segments as time permits. And for the mods if there is in anyway I am transgressing any forum rules, please let me know. In no way I have any intention to do so.

First , let me warn the guys who are raring to write their experience here with Zen Motors to prove that it doesn't belong to the "Honest Local Shops in Atlanta" . Please write your experiences as they are without anymore being so emotional to a point of using foul language. I know it is hard, even I do find it hard when you know that you have been victimized. Being fooled is sickening. At this point , we just want the other members here on Clublexus to learn more about Zen Motors so they are for-warned. We all have dealt with Dan on the other forum and have expressed our frustrations. Let this CL thread be more informational in nature. I really doubt Dan will come in here denying things. I maybe wrong but we all know that it will just be to his disadvantage because at SF , basically everything said there was proven to be true. Every time he chimed in denying the truth , new stuff against him were brought to light. All he did was make excuses that we all know most of were lies too. So let's all be civilized here.. okay... sorry buddies, I just have to warned you all ... I know how bad you all feel for being fooled. And for the sake of people here who knew nothing about the whole review thread about Zen Motors of Georgia , here is the review thread link http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...n-Motors-in-GA

I now do perfectly understand why a lot of people would prefer to keep quiet when fooled. Some just don't want to start controversy or talk about their experience for fear of being at the receiving end. That is the very reason why people who fool others keep going on doing it cause many do not know. Damn , I may not have been a direct customer of Zen Motors but I have first hand experiences dealing with them. At times I found myself people swinging bats at me on that thread , just to dissuade me from continuing that review but I guess there will always be those kind of people. My intentions were clear on that thread , friends requested my help. I knew a lot of the things that were going on... first hand info not passed on or third hand info. I felt I can help others not to be fooled if I shared what I know and helped these friends who requested for my help. I was once a victim of an unscrupuluous individual but never knew or read anything about the dude. I ended up with $40k worth of parts and a shell. So I decided to extend a helping hand to friends with the hope that someone else will be spared the trouble of being fooled in the future.

Dan said on this thread :

the 3 harnesses that the customer found were also in a similar condition so we ended up having to take all of the harnesses to make one decent harness. it was a pita to say the least.
I would say BALONEY ! Not true .... he is full of it and because of his dishonesty , the client who owned the car suffered the consequences. He had to spend more money when he should have not if only Dan was honest to him.

The pictures below show the SC400 harness I sold his client for $150 . Observe it well .. Look at it using picture magnifiers. It is not in perfect condition but it is not in the way Dan describes it on this thread or the way Zen Motors described it to the client which I will say in a bit. I knew the condition of the harness cause I personally took it off my SC400 since I was installing a 2jzgte on it. Take note that these pictures were sent to his client before I even dropped it off at Zen Motors. Dan didn't know that. So his client had a pretty good idea of what he was getting. In fact one of Zen Motors employee inspected it when I dropped it off. I laid it on the ground and the employee went through it and said , This is a lot better than what we have and we can use this. In short , it was accepted and I left it. I informed the client about being inspected and accepted by Zen Motors. Their client was one of our service men who serves our country and assigned in another country that time.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-10-13 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-09-13, 11:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

An email was received by the client from Zen Motors saying " it needed a few plugs added to it and he could get them from the other 2 harnesses". Then again the client received another email saying "it would require 5 hours of work and $150 in parts to get working". I will let the pictures I posted above to speak for themselves. I never saw any broken wires on that harnes, neither a missing plug. The wires are pretty well insulated . And yet all of a sudden Zen Motors told the client, that he needed to spend $645 (5x$99 labor + $150 parts) for it to work ? Note here that Zen Motors did not know that I sent a couple of pictures to the client even before I brought it so he knows and see the condition of the harness we were dealing with at least in pictures. Zen Motors probably thought , the condition of the harness will not be seen any way by the client who is almost 5000 miles away....

Remember that Zen Motors also told the client that pretty much all the plugs on the original harness that was on the clients car were brittle and broke so pretty much unusable.

Going back to my harness , the client didn't want to spend $645 just to repair the harness. I certainly can understand that. In short , the harness was supposedly not to be used . The client decided that instead of spending the $150 for my harness plus $645 to repair it , it will be cheaper to get another harness from RGW LLC . Based on the costs given by the client , the harness from RGW was around $350. When the RGW harness arrived , Zen Motors said , they cannot use it too . The client asked them why ? No answer from Zen Motors. Out of exasperation , the client told them ... at this point do whatever it takes to get his car running.....

Based on what Dan said here , he said basically all the harnesses fell apart with every clip they touched. I knew my harness, what they said about wasn't true. Check the pictures again , does it look that bad that it needs $645 worth of repair work ? I have seen the harness from RGW LLC whose pictures I will post later .. you will see it is intact.

At the end of the day , they managed to charged the client $400 in labor for a harness repair which is not supposed to be my harness. They told the client they didn't use my harness. Since it wasn't used , for a couple of weeks , the client requested Zen Motors to return my harness so I can refund him the $150. They never sent the harness. After several weeks ,the car was picked up by the client's friend. Zen Motors placed in a box the harnesses that were not used including the supposed to be mine that was never used since it needed $645 worth of repair .

Do you remember Dan saying here -> "We used all the 3 harnesses and made a decent harness? " . At this point , it is worth noting that Zen Motors put in a box two harnesses . The box was brought to me by the client's friend who picked up the car. Zen Motors probably never thought at this point that the client's friend will go to my place to show the box with two harnesses so they can get away with what they told the client that my harness was not used or Zen Motors probably thought since weeks had passed even if those harnesses were shown to me , I will never be able to differentiate which one was my harness. Since the client was told that Zen didn't use my harness , the client thought of returning it to me so I can refund the $150.. no problem... Opening the box, I found two harnesses. One from RGW LLC fully intact and another whose wires are intact but with missing and broken plugs. First , I thought they did make a decent harness from the 3 harnesses ? NOT TRUE .. cause 2 harnesses were in the box. Second, I thought they said to the client they didn't use my harness .. NOT TRUE , cause my harness was not in the box.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-10-13 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-09-13, 07:45 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

At this point, I requested the client's friend to open the car's hood. To my surprise my harness which they said they didn't use and needed $645 worth of work was installed in the client's car.

Here are the pictures of the 2 harnesses in a box which clearly proves that my harness was used since none of these look exactly the same as my harness whose pictures I posted on the previous post.

First Harness brought back to me : you clearly see the name of RGW LLC

Second Harness brought back to me

Last edited by gerrb; 10-02-13 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-09-13, 07:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

In summary :

a) What Dan said here that they " took the 3 harnesses to make one decent harness . It was pita to say the least " was not true... cause two harnesses were returned basically intact . I will rather say , it was a pita that Dan cannot be honest enough to help these people who put their lives in front of danger to protect him from harms way. That is the least he can do , being honest to them , for the sacrifices these service men do.

b) They told the client they didn't use my harness. That was not true cause I found it installed in the client's car . Did it really need $645 worth of work ? I honestly doubt about it now... otherwise it wouldn't have been installed and used in the client's car. Not being a perfect harness , being 20 year old , I will understand that they probably replaced a couple of plugs whose plug clips or plug housing got damaged. But needing a $645 worth of work ...I doubt that. But why will they even replace those plugs if in the first place they told the client , my harness wasn't use ?

c) It is not true that all the three harnesses are in really bad condition as described by Dan on this thread. The pictures will speak for themselves. I have seen the two harnesses that were returned and my harness is currently installed in the client's car.

d) If Zen Motors didn't tell the client that my harness needed 5 hours of labor and $150 worth of parts , the client would have saved himself $350 . He would have not bought the RGW harness. The only reason he bought the harness from RGW was he was thinking he will be able to save rather than paying for the cost of my harness which was $150 and the $645 repair on my harness.

So is this a shop that can be considered an Honest Local Atlanta Shop ? Mind you, I didn't even mention the things that the client paid for and were not done, how the car kept stalling when it was brought home because of a $5 battery terminal they refused to replace after the client spent $4000 with them to take out the old SC400 motor and install his other SC400 motor and some exhaust fabrication plus the costs of the harnesses. I will let the client share his experience in detail if he wants to.

Probably the other victims of Zen Motors will chime in here just to prove that Zen Motors is not an Honest Atlanta Shop and Dan is surely full of it and his dishonesty makes the clients suffer the consequences.

OP , maybe by now you have an idea why this thread had turned for the worst ...I will personally apologize about it on behalf of my friends, a number of people , not one , not two , not three , not four ... a NUMBER OF PEOPLE who felt were not done right by Zen Motors. The title said "HONEST LOCAL ATLANTA SHOPS" and yet they found Zen Motors on it , to top it , found Dan saying things on this thread that is definitely not true. That is why someone called my attention and some of them pleaded me to post here. I know you know how it feels to be fooled as you said that you are sick of these shops and guys who fool people. I believe , you understand how these people feel. Again my apologies on behalf of all these people.

Again you will find the Zen Motors in Georgia Review thread here - > http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...n-Motors-in-GA ... writing this thing here now being tired and sleepy , more likely I missed some things or didn't explain things well... so refer to the review thread please. And I sincerely hope that by writing this , some others will be spared the bad experience that many had gone through.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-10-13 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-10-13, 11:16 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

I was really surprise to see those comments of Dan.
Old 02-13-13, 11:26 AM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Springs install? Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Old 02-18-13, 10:31 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Very sorry OP. I'm trying to get things taken car of with my car too.

I just spoke with an ex-employee of Zen. My harness was hacked by the bodyman for the "shave" job in my engine bay. Those wires are missing clips. Why was anything cut? Things were supposed to be moved, not removed. So now I need to get a new harness.

Dan, do you care to make that better? Or are you going to call my wife again, and cry about this post? (Or have Torrey call her)
Just because you registered with Angie's List, don't think people will not report you to them.
Old 02-18-13, 06:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Another sad discovery , damage done by Zen Motors and another added cost for you , huh ? Sorry to hear that . Were they planning to make a "decent harness" for you that's why they were taking parts out of your harness ? That was a good 6 speed supra harness right ?

Well I am glad your car is out there, JB's harness took at least 8 months to make and all the blame was put on Chasebay instead of Zen Motors taking responsibility. At the end , it was the owner of Garage Zero who did the harness for them.

And don't forget , they had to take the 3 SC400 harnesses of a client to make a decent harness too for a stock SC400 engine swap Oh...did I get that right ? or was it the harness from my SC400 did they used ?

Last edited by gerrb; 02-19-13 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-20-13, 02:10 AM
Nomolos1
Rookie

All clips were perfect, before they started. One was removed for my wife's car, but was replaced with a new one, later.

Quick Reply: Honest local Atlanta Shops???