Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Farewell Tour.... Dear Summer......

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-13, 10:08 PM
LexFather

Smile Farewell Tour.... Dear Summer......

Well guys and gals as many of you know we are taking our talents to South Beach very soon (I know cliche lol). I've held off on writing for awhile but I guess reality is hitting me that for the foreseeable future we are GONE! Personally I've been in ATL 20 years and my wife 10 so our roots are here and clearly all 17 years of my Lexus ownership have been in ATL.

I will be here for most of May and will try every effort to make events this month. I hope we have a big Lexus showing at C&O Sunday. I spoke to Bo so planning to have a meet later this month there and Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett wants to do something as well. I will start new threads and update this one with dates/times. Also Team Kaizen and I are chatting, I know they are planning something for the Fast6 movie debut. Maybe a nice cruise around downtown and a lap around 285 to say bye. Don't worry we plan to travel back tons and I'll be leaving a Lexus here so you can't quite get rid of me. Maybe a final bar-b-que/party at the crib where the neighborhood looks like a car show.

Really feels weird writing this kind of post but I feel confident and happy to know the ATL Lexus scene is in good hands with you all and that we have continued to meet all these years. I am hoping that this makes the GA/FL Southeast bond even stronger and we have a huge showing in Orlando in October. We are very excited for the future and we can are blessed to have met many of you from my parents to my wife. Many of you know of my challenges here on CL and in other matters and I will always be grateful for your support.

So much to say not even sure where to start but I just want to say THANK YOU to each person no matter if it was attending one meet or one-hundred that made it all worth it. Thanks to all the vendors old and new that have supported us throughout the years and continue to do so.

Mike

And if you are looking for an incredible 4 bed 3 1/2 bath home to rent in a prime location in Smyrna/Vinings let me get you in contact with our property manager
Old 04-30-13, 09:16 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike, I know we never really got a chance to get to know each other, but I wish you good luck in FL and your future endeavors.

I know when I first came onto the Lexus scene about 3 years ago, you were at every single meet, pushing the Atlanta Lexus community to unite and show up in numbers. We definitely hit a rough patch there, but I think we have been roaring back lately...we will not let you down, and we will not let all your hard work here in ATL be for nothing.

Represent ATL when you hit south beach, and make sure you warn the crews down there that we are coming in numbers in October...

Danny
Old 04-30-13, 09:34 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Definitely had been a pleasure mike going to some of these events with you over the last two years. As Danny stated we will represent the Lexus seen well and many of us have some great upcoming projects and are bonds amp gets each other in the car community are stronger than ever. We appreciate everything you have done and will continue to do. Look forward to making some Florida visit and checking out more of the seen. Represent well down there in south beach homie. Much props!!!!
Old 04-30-13, 06:48 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

You were one of the first people I met when I came out to my first Atlanta meet about a year and a half ago when my car was still pretty much stock. Thanks for helping to throw so many great events and building up the Atlanta Lexus community. We'll keep it going strong!

-Greg
Old 04-30-13, 07:57 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atlanta Fixtures:
Braves
CNN
Coca Cola
Ga Aquarium
Mike aka 1Sicklex

Mike, it's been an honor and pleasure to know you throughout all these years, the ups and downs of SELOC, NOPI, and hanging out and helping with the tons of meets and shows year in and year out. Definitely sad to see you and Christine go, but glad you will still be coming back occassionally. I can't say enough about what you have done for the Lexus community and your enthusiasm and dedication to the car scene in Atlanta has been an inspiration. God bless you and Christine in Miami!!!
Old 05-01-13, 04:19 AM
Heckler
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

I am fairly new to the Lexus car scene here in Atlanta. It's been a blast so far and I have met many cool people. I appreciate all the effort you have put into setting up and sponsoring events around town. I wish you and your family the best in Miami. As we discussed at the Buckhead Performance meet they have a pretty good car culture down there so I am sure you will fit right in .

It looks like we have a good crew in Atlanta and we will continue to represent the Lexus community.
Old 05-01-13, 05:43 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

man mike, i always found you in the most random places and meets. always nice seeing another lexus out there when i go out to meets