Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Central Florida Meet Again...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-03 | 03:27 PM
skier1
Driver School Candidate

So it's OK if us GS guys come? I live in the Tampa Bay area. Orlando is not that far for me. I used to live there a few years ago. It's probably changed since I have, so I might need instructions on how to get there. I remember E. Colonial (SR50 right?). I used to live south on 436 near Pershing? Lemme know it's a go for April 5th and I'll see if I can make it!
Old 03-23-03 | 04:23 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Ok April 5th (saturday) is good for most people. So for those who will be driving from tampa gainesville or anywhere else is will be easier so no one will have to drive back sunday . That will just make it easier for everyone else. What does everyone think about the time? I'm kind of partial for the daytime, its much easier to get a good look at everyones cars. Anyways if someone has a better idea let me know. Once we set the time and location I'll post some directions for everyone. I'll post it from gainesville, tampa, clearwater and anywhere anyones from.
Old 03-23-03 | 04:33 PM
skier1
Driver School Candidate

Jimmit, that sounds great! One more question. It seems that there are a few SC300's out there that have a Supra TT motor or a Turbo'd n/a motor. I have a friend who has a '94TT supra. I would like him to come too. You guys mught have a lot in common to talk about as well as sharing ideas.

Lemme know if that is cool with you guys.
Old 03-23-03 | 06:37 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by skier1
Jimmit, that sounds great! One more question. It seems that there are a few SC300's out there that have a Supra TT motor or a Turbo'd n/a motor. I have a friend who has a '94TT supra. I would like him to come too. You guys mught have a lot in common to talk about as well as sharing ideas.

Lemme know if that is cool with you guys.

Like I said before this is definitely an open meet. Any make any model any year it doesnt matter. Just bring or invite who ever just bring the most people. They dont even have to have a car just bring anyone.

If you have a GS IS or any other Lexus model bring it. This meet is not just for SC. Everyone try to bring as many people. Lets make this a big turn out.

See you all there!

Oh btw is Nuvat's CL name vaki2 or something? That picture posted is from the last meet and the gold SC u can partly see is mine.

Last edited by jimmit; 03-23-03 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-23-03 | 09:37 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

I'll come out even if its during the day, but orlando is best at night, thats when all the cool things happen. The days doesn't bring anything but traffic and congestion. I'm not saying midnight (even though things are still going up well after that), whats wrong with 7-8pm? Thats when all the commuters are home and all the cruisers come out.

I also have a crew that also want to come out with me consisting of a another SC (nuvat), single turbo mkiv supra (sick), 240sxs with sr20dets, dsms, 300zx TTs, all in all about 10-12 cars coming to orlando with me from my car club for a long awaited saturday night orlando cruise.

Last edited by bmsport; 03-23-03 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-24-03 | 06:32 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Ok that sounds cool. I think if we meet at 6PM the sun usually sets about 6:30 so by the time eveveryone gets there it will be pretty much 60:30 or 7. I think that would work out pretty nicely. So how does that sound to everyone? We can all meet up and check out all the cars and cruise a little bit. Any other ideas?
Old 03-24-03 | 07:19 AM
vaki2
Pole Position

Hey I am in,

Hey Jimmit, nuvat=vaki2

I may bring my new addition to the lexus family also. It will be kewl too see all you again. Seems that we will have a good turn out. See you guys on the 5th

Vaki2
Old 03-24-03 | 09:25 AM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

AWW MAN!
That means i have to go 2 weekends in a row to Orlando...
hmm... no biggie i guess.
Old 03-24-03 | 12:53 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dimcorner
AWW MAN!
That means i have to go 2 weekends in a row to Orlando...
hmm... no biggie i guess.
I'm dying to see that Soarer. You are bring it right?
Old 03-24-03 | 12:54 PM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

of course i have to, it's my only car
Old 03-25-03 | 03:04 AM
SRQ400
Pole Position

Whay don't we make it about 5PM. It'll give us a little more time with sun and for everyone to get there. Like me who isn't quit sure where it is. I'm comming from Sarasota and hope to bring a guy with an IS300 from Why Drive Stock. He works for Doc from High-Rev Turners on Speedtv.
Old 03-25-03 | 11:43 AM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Well we can meet as early as 5pm and stay there till say 8-9pm giving everyone a chance to get there. Nuvat, i tried calling you today, but your phone goes straight to voicemail. I wanna put on my pimp hat and drive the GS some I get to see a soarer?, i'm happy!!
Old 03-25-03 | 11:47 AM
bmsport
Lead Lap

BTW, are we meeting in the parking lot next to bennigans on colonial (sr50) east of the mall? Or at UCF, or whatever. UCF parking garage would be cool, but bennigans is more centrally located. Maybe meet at bennigans and cruise out to UCF or a downtown parking garage for a photo shoot, bring your cameras.

Last edited by bmsport; 03-25-03 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-25-03 | 04:35 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Ya my thoughts exactly. We should meet up at 5PM at the bennigans parking lot (I have never been to that bennigans so I'll have to take a trip over there and get directions, no big deal tho) or we can meet up at the empty lot on 50 near rouse rd and then cruise to the UCF parking lot and take some nice pictures under the light. So what does everyone think bennigans or the empty parking lot. Personally I dont car which it is.
Old 03-26-03 | 09:24 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Bennigans would be easier to find since there will already be some cars there chillin. Its right off 50 in that shopping plaza.

Quick Reply: Central Florida Meet Again...