Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Smoky Mountain Meet Reports

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-03, 07:13 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by amy011079
Yeah I saw all that fog in a couple of pics that is terrible! Glad everyone is ok and that there were no crashes! I am really glad you had a good time even though the weather was sucky. I was thinking about you guys when I saw the forcasts and the news and stuff and wondered how things were going, so it is great to hear that everything worked out.

I'm sure I would have loved it from the sound of everyone's responses, and will definatly try and make plans for deals gap! There are no definate dates for it yet are there?
Yes, the weather was less than perfect, but I had a good time anyway. It was really priceless to see the faces of some of the locals when we shot by them hauling a$$ in a pack of 12 cars. It was neat.

As for the dates for Deals gap, so far all we have is sometime in September maybe. Some of the guys are working on finding out info so we don't go during a crowded time (like the S2000, Miata, or Harley meets which are around the same times). I'm sure we'll post with plenty of time.

This time you can't have no excuses.....The Hot tub scene with 1Sicklex and I was just calling your name....
Old 05-19-03, 10:41 PM
dipstick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks to DaveGS4 for posting the great pics -- really appreciated. Anybody who couldn't enjoy this weekend needs therapy!
Old 05-20-03, 12:26 AM
Jazziz
Driver

I'm glad a good time was had by all in attendance.
Old 05-20-03, 04:47 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

Sounds like you guys had an absolute blast!! I am only sorry I could not join you guys........

Will definitely come out to your next meet.

The pics are awesome and one of them in particular shows one of the GS's with upgraded rims in front of another GS with stock rims (back view) - what a difference the fat rims make to the look of the car - other than the shape of the car, the cars look totally different! Will definitely be doing this upgrade next year!

Last edited by Hameed; 05-20-03 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-20-03, 11:05 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hameed
Sounds like you guys had an absolute blast!! I am only sorry I could not join you guys........

Will definitely come out to your next meet.

The pics are awesome and one of them in particular shows one of the GS's with upgraded rims in front of another GS with stock rims (back view) - what a difference the fat rims make to the look of the car - other than the shape of the car, the cars look totally different! Will definitely be doing this upgrade next year!

Thanks for noticing my ugly stock rims
Old 05-20-03, 11:12 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.digitalsimple.com/springf...ummarypage.htm
Old 05-20-03, 11:52 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Bit, I'm so sorry about your little mishap with the wheel. I'm very glad it was not worse as it initially looked when you started to lock the brakes down. I'm also glad you avoided hitting Krista, as that would not have been good at all. Very glad everyone walked away reasonably unscathed out of that.
What happened to the wheel?
Old 05-20-03, 12:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
What happened to the wheel?
I had to stop suddenly (long story) and had to turn to avoid an accident and hit a curb with the front right wheel. Made a loud sound but that was just the front tow hook banging (no biggie). But because I was turning the wheel the front right tire sidewall got a little rip in it and the edge of the rim got a scrape about 2 inches long. Hopefully the rim isn't really damaged (I don't think so). I'll need a new tire, but it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for asking.

Old 05-20-03, 12:18 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by brendanlim
Thanks for noticing my ugly stock rims
Don't feel so bad, mine looks like that too!!
Old 05-20-03, 12:26 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, my stocker 17s with Dunlop RE0730s wrapped around them did just fine on this trip, and I didn't leave anything in the bag while following the NSX and Bit Schumacher.

I was alittle concerend after having my old Lowenharts with BS-S03s stick like glue on the Dragon's Tail, but all was great!
Old 05-20-03, 12:50 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hameed
Don't feel so bad, mine looks like that too!!
Ahh, I would love to have stock 17's but I've got to stick with the 16's until I round up some cash. Tickets and other various bills have me stuck to a tight budget for the next month or two

Hameed, wish you were in the US so you could come to the Deal's Gap meet this fall. I would love to see a silver GS with TTE lip and L-Tuned side skirts.
Old 05-20-03, 01:03 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by brendanlim
Ahh, I would love to have stock 17's but I've got to stick with the 16's until I round up some cash. Tickets and other various bills have me stuck to a tight budget for the next month or two

Hameed, wish you were in the US so you could come to the Deal's Gap meet this fall. I would love to see a silver GS with TTE lip and L-Tuned side skirts.
Yes, I definitely will come out to your fall meet. Already planning for it. I missed this one in Maggie Valley because I did not have a passport. After 9/11 we now have to show our passports when crossing from Canada into the US. My Canadian citizenship card was good enough before, not any more........

The L-tuned side skirts and TTE lip have transformed the car completely. You will not believe the looks I get. From teenagers to older people - its looks seem to have a universal appeal now.
Old 05-20-03, 08:52 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default video clips

hey brendan,
where did you put your video clips?
Old 05-20-03, 11:07 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Default Re: video clips

Originally posted by AZN Lex
hey brendan,
where did you put your video clips?
I'm redoing the video. I'm sorry I told you guys it would be up last night. It will definately be up tomorrow night. In the meanwhile, I left you guys a little video to ease the tension

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=84182
Old 05-21-03, 12:49 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Yes, the weather was less than perfect, but I had a good time anyway. It was really priceless to see the faces of some of the locals when we shot by them hauling a$$ in a pack of 12 cars. It was neat.

As for the dates for Deals gap, so far all we have is sometime in September maybe. Some of the guys are working on finding out info so we don't go during a crowded time (like the S2000, Miata, or Harley meets which are around the same times). I'm sure we'll post with plenty of time.

This time you can't have no excuses.....The Hot tub scene with 1Sicklex and I was just calling your name....
Hot tub scene? uh oh!! Dang I knew I should have gone with you guys!!! hehe

No, next time I won't have any excuses cause I don't care what comes up I am going!!! If I have to go stock I will, but hopefully by then I will have something done to the suspension so that I can really hug the curves! Now, we can't forget that NOPI nationals is in Sept as well. It's the 20th and 21st I think, and what could be more fun then to have the WHOLE crowd drive up in there together. THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!! We will have to keep that in mind too.

Quick Reply: Smoky Mountain Meet Reports