Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon! August 22-24, 2003

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-03, 11:46 AM
LexFather

C-dawg u run the show. I'll shut the hell up from here on.

I got 3 girls lined up to beat me record for the last meet of 2 but I am shooting for 4 girls. My car is gonna be hunkered down on the Dragon with all that weight. Dang, I need Brembos. I may have to take out the rear STB and install it when I get there for more trunk space.

Old 08-05-03, 08:45 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guys! It's 700+miles and 12 hours of driving for me, I think I might do it..One thing I'm concerned about is that I might get lost, it would be great for any NE members to caravan...Its not safe to drive so many miles away from hometown to hopefully not break down or get lost in unknown terrority.

So any NE guys going PM me! I'm interested in TAMING THE DRAGON...

I'm coming from NY, Brooklyn! 720 miles to be exact...
Old 08-05-03, 11:10 PM
cdawg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
C-dawg u run the show. I'll shut the hell up from here on.

I got 3 girls lined up to beat me record for the last meet of 2 but I am shooting for 4 girls. My car is gonna be hunkered down on the Dragon with all that weight. Dang, I need Brembos. I may have to take out the rear STB and install it when I get there for more trunk space.
Ok then,

The plan will be to meet at the Waffle House off of Exit 13 on GA400 (this is the intersection with Hwy 141 so those of you who are coming from Hennessy will come East on Pleasant Hill until you hit 141/Medlock bridge and turn right (north) and take it until you see the Waffle House at the GA400 intersection). The plan will be to LEAVE the Waffle House by 3:30pm; this means you should really plan to be there at 3pm.

Freelance and your caravan, you just come north on I-75 until you hit Atlanta, I-85 will merge with I-75 through Atlanta then will split again north of Atlanta. Take I-85N as you head out of Atlanta; in a couple of miles you'll see the signs for GA400N (it's a .50 toll). Take GA400N to exit 13, get off and turn right, the Waffle House will be on your left. You should definitely send me your cell phone so I can get in touch with you if needed.

The plan will be to put together a plan that would have us arrive by about 6:30pm or so if we don't stop too much. I want to leave some time because I don't know how many are coming and the odds of leaving at 3:30pm are slim with this group I think... Plus with all the video footage I think we may stop to do some driveby's for the cameras at times.

I'll have the route by next week I think.
Old 08-06-03, 04:28 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Hey Guys! It's 700+miles and 12 hours of driving for me, I think I might do it..One thing I'm concerned about is that I might get lost, it would be great for any NE members to caravan...Its not safe to drive so many miles away from hometown to hopefully not break down or get lost in unknown terrority.

So any NE guys going PM me! I'm interested in TAMING THE DRAGON...

I'm coming from NY, Brooklyn! 720 miles to be exact...
Dennis, please send details of your car (suspension mods etc), how many guests are coming with you and a pic to info@lexusdragon.com so that I can add you to the confirmed attendees page - http://www.lexusdragon.com/confirmed_attendees.html

What route are you taking to go to Robbinsville? I am taking the I - 75 S . Overclocker is also taking the same route on Friday. Send an email to me at hameed@prudensconsulting.com with your originating address and I can plot a map for you to see if we could caravan together.
Old 08-06-03, 10:22 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Hameed, I'm coming only if I have some people to caravan with me all the way from NY...But if anything I can just roll with you Hameed..

Suspension mods: Eibach Springs, Daizen Sway bar bushings..Everything else stock...

Can someone help me book a hotel room just in case...

So far I have no guests, just myself thats all..
Old 08-07-03, 06:37 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Dennis, I created some maps for you to see possible routes.

This map shows the shortest route (give or take a few miles) at 800 miles from your home to Robbinsville
Attached Thumbnails Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon!  August 22-24, 2003-ny_robbinsville.gif  
Old 08-07-03, 06:38 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

This map shows my route from Canada to Robbinsville with a night stopover in Troy, Ohio. It is a long drive (as much as yours) and I don't intend to make the drive in one day as I will have my family with me (wife and two young boys).
Attached Thumbnails Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon!  August 22-24, 2003-miss_robbinsville.gif  
Old 08-07-03, 06:43 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

And finally this map shows your route with a stopover in Troy, Ohio. I don't know if you plan to make the drive in one day or split it into two half days. If you do decide to split it up, you could take this route instead (it is 200 miles more than the shortest route I posted first). Another CL member is meeting me in Troy, Ohio on Friday morning about 11:00 AM or thereabouts (depends on how early on Friday morning he leaves Michigan. I will be waiting for him in Troy, Ohio). We could then caravan together to Robbinsville on Friday if you do decide to make the detour to Troy, Ohio.

Let me know which route you might take.
Attached Thumbnails Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon!  August 22-24, 2003-ny_ohio_robbinsville.gif  
Old 08-07-03, 07:25 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Dennis,

Looks like the shortest route takes you through Philly, Baltimore and DC. I wonder if we can get any folks who may be considering coming down from there to caravan with you? There was at least one guy on IS300.net thinking about coming down from Northern VA.

That'd only be a 3 hour drive or so for you before you hooked up with other folks.
Old 08-07-03, 09:37 AM
LexFather

Dennis, I'll help out with trying to get someone to caravan with you.

C-dawg, sounds great so far!

Old 08-07-03, 10:20 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys, thanks for the support and info!

800 miles is really CRAZY! I will be taking the DC, Baltimore route..I drove there before so I'm pretty familiar with it..

Anyone wanna book a hotel room for me just in case?!
Old 08-07-03, 10:25 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Dennis,

You can call the hotel directly, they don't even require a credit card to hold a room for our group.

Click on the link below and scroll down a little for info on how to contact them.

http://www.lexusdragon.com/lodging.html
Old 08-07-03, 11:02 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

What do you think the average price is for one person on this trip?

$300?
Old 08-07-03, 01:25 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

2 nights at the Microtel - $120
Food for 3 days - $75
Adult beverages for 2 nights - $20
Getting your doors blown off by Daddy-O in his RX 300 with new 18" shoes - Priceless
Old 08-07-03, 07:43 PM
Sully C5er
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Daddy-O
Getting your doors blown off by Daddy-O in his RX 300 with new 18" shoes - Priceless
I can't wait to see that.

Quick Reply: Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon! August 22-24, 2003