Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon! August 22-24, 2003

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-03, 04:25 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Got some more prizes in!

Set of Daizen GS sways courtesy of Sewell Lexus (www.lexus-parts.com), a bunch of cool JDM stuff from Steve Ganz / Carson Toyota including two SWEET Japan-only TRD hats and from Ethan at ClubLexus a set of CL travel mugs, CL shirt and Lexus Visor in addition to all the stuff he sent earlier!

Thanks guys!
Awesome!

Dave, please send details of the additional raffle items to info@lexusdragon.com so that I can add them to the website ( http://www.lexusdragon.com/sponsors_prizes.html ) tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Old 08-18-03, 08:11 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got some more prizes in!

Set of Daizen GS sways courtesy of Sewell Lexus (www.lexus-parts.com), a bunch of cool JDM stuff from Steve Ganz / Carson Toyota including two SWEET Japan-only TRD hats and from Ethan at ClubLexus a set of CL travel mugs, CL shirt and Lexus Visor in addition to all the stuff he sent earlier!

Thanks guys!
Sweet!
Old 08-18-03, 02:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

WE HAVE SO MANY GIVEAWAYS I NEED HELP GIVING THEM ALL AWAY!!!

For those of you on the fence, our sponsors have really come through for us with some really nice stuff for many models of Lexus as well as 'model-independent' giveaways!

I'd hoped to make something up this weekend and didn't get a chance.... Does anyone have a raffle / giveaway set? I've seen sets of chips with numbers and cards that can be attached to individual items that make it easy to do drawings. I checked out all the stores I could think of in Charlotte this weekend (party stores, etc) and no one had one. Nothing fancy like a cage and wheel thing, just something simple.
Old 08-18-03, 06:07 PM
LexFather

Dave I can supply raffle tickets. Basically you rip one off and throw the other in the box, both have the same number, we call you number and you check.

This is what we do with SELOC, the more meets you have attended, your higher chance of winning b/c we give you the number of raffle tickets based on how many meets you go to. Kinda like the NBA lottery reversed. This gets new people to come to more meets (higher chance of winning) and gives those that participate the most a better oportunity to win something.

It bugs me personally when I got people coming to every damn meet wining a pen and some person I meet once walks away with the $100 gift.

But its your call.

Old 08-18-03, 07:36 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

I vote for Mike's idea.
Old 08-18-03, 09:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

This meet is a little different than the regular SELOC deal and draws a crowd of folks from outside the normal Atlanta area, so I don't think we should do the more meets you attend, more chances you get deal. Agree that would be a great approach if this were just the 'normal' crowd.

I guess the broader question is do we want to:

1) assign a number to a specific raffle item and draw for the item OR do we want we
2) let the person whose number is drawn pick from the remaining available items

This is further complicated by our having parts that are specific to a model of Lexus.

If we did #1, we could have two drawings for non-model specific items and model-specific items.
If we did #2, we could expand the options of the person whose number was drawn to include those items related to their specific model

Regardless - bring those tickets please, thanks!
Old 08-19-03, 03:02 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

This meet is a little different than the regular SELOC deal and draws a crowd of folks from outside the normal Atlanta area, so I don't think we should do the more meets you attend, more chances you get deal. Agree that would be a great approach if this were just the 'normal' crowd.
I have to agree with Dave on this. I am coming all the way from Canada and I don't think I can do this again in the near future.

1) assign a number to a specific raffle item and draw for the item OR do we want we

If we did #1, we could have two drawings for non-model specific items and model-specific items.
If we did #2, we could expand the options of the person whose number was drawn to include those items related to their specific model
I vote for #2 - I think that's simpler than #1.

Last edited by Hameed; 08-19-03 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-19-03, 04:27 AM
LexFather

Well, I did forget to mention we ALWAYS take into effect the person who drove from out of town or the furtherst, they usually get a pretty good gift cause of the effort.

Canada, whoa, how about a gas card.

Whatever is clever, I'll have the tickets.

Old 08-19-03, 05:40 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

...if this were just the 'normal' crowd...
Nothing normal about this crowd
Old 08-19-03, 05:49 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Well, I did forget to mention we ALWAYS take into effect the person who drove from out of town or the furtherst, they usually get a pretty good gift cause of the effort.
Thanks Mike!

Canada, whoa, how about a gas card.
I'd much rather prefer Dex's HRE's instead of the gas card.

Last edited by Hameed; 08-19-03 at 06:04 AM.
Old 08-19-03, 07:43 AM
LexFather

2 new rear tires in July
2 new fronts today
I did the Castrol Syntec oil change and topped my fluids 1 week ago.
I clay barred my baby Friday and detailed my engine

I am so ready. Last year, I DID NOT have my shock/spring set up nor TRD sways so my experience will be hella different. I also had Kumho tires and not my new Yokohomas.

Oh joy!

Old 08-19-03, 08:11 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Well Mike I can't let you out do me..........

Daizen sways
Axxis brake pads front and rear
Hayden tranny cooler
Iridium plugs
All being done by our very own VVTi today.

I'm also planning to of course clay and wax her before going. You know that means I just jinxed us and it's gonna rain now.

I also have different tires and front strut bar from our first mountain trip. I'm with Mike, this is going to be totally different from the last time (maybe I can keep up with wild man Bit this time!!!).
Old 08-19-03, 11:39 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is further complicated by our having parts that are specific to a model of Lexus.

On the model specific, just keep drawing numbers until the right model vehicle winner wins, if it's wrong, toss the ticket back into the pool.
Old 08-20-03, 04:01 AM
LexFather

There is now a chance I do not need the Jacuzzi suite. I will swap for a regular suite or a regular room for those interested when I arrive with the Friday group.

Old 08-20-03, 04:05 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

There is now a chance I do not need the Jacuzzi suite. I will swap for a regular suite or a regular room for those interested when I arrive with the Friday group.
What is the difference in price? I am interested in a swap if the difference is not too high.

Quick Reply: Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon! August 22-24, 2003