Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

New NC Lexus owner seeks Shop recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-17, 07:59 AM
YesItBe2JZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New NC Lexus owner seeks Shop recommendations

Hey all!
I was lurker up until the point when the Lexus I drove become the Lexus I own! I have a 98 GS 300, 189k miles.

Anyhow after doing some sifting through the NC thread here I was dismayed to find that many requests for shops went without replies. (Requests for 2jz/1jz swaps, coilovers, gen maintenance). I have a leaky camshaft and need to do a suspension overhaul (TEIN coilover upgrade, front brake rotor replacement, strut replacement, etc).

This week I took it to a shop but found they are able to help repairs but are not interested in installing aftermarket parts. Aside from some suspension upgrades, my 2GS has been leaking oil which the repair shop diagnosed it as a leaky camshaft seal. They said they don't have the tools to repair the seal but could put an additive in the oil which is supposed to revitalize the seal. Rather than put a bandage on a potential issue, I would rather find a shop which has the tools and knowledge to repair my vehicle. I was too shocked to become argumentative when the guy at the front desk questioned why I would put "performance upgrades" into a 20 year old 4-door FWD sedan..

Just breathe ha. I am located in the Charlotte area. If anybody can point me in the direction of a shop/garage in North Carolina or South Carolina who works on servicing and/or modifying Japanese vehicles, please pass this along. Thanks for your time.
Old 12-08-17, 12:33 AM
AgedGS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Japanese auto here in Greenville (SC) is well established, and shouldn't have any issues doing whatever you want. They are a more traditional shop, as opposed to a "tuner" shop, but know ALL Japanese brands very well. I know of a few Nissan 240 guys who religiously took their swapped cars there for upkeep.

Unrelated, I actually bought my 2000 up in Matthews not too long ago.
Old 09-22-19, 05:17 PM
Viplatinum
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have friend that can help your need he has a shop in Charlotte name hip....n i can help as well...