Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

ATTN: All FL Lexi....2nd Annual Cars for Charity meet in Melbourne Aug 16th!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-03, 04:56 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Annual Cars for Charity meet in Melbourne SUCCESS!!!

ATTN Florida Lexus owners, here is a decent reason to get together and show for this years Charity meet held by my local club www.Brevardmotorsports.org and is benefitting the Central Forida chapter of the Leukemia-Lymphoma Society (blood cancer and related diseases).

The date is set for August 16th which is a Saturday. It is to be held at the Melbourne Square mall on Hghwy 192.The fun begins at 4:00pm and ends at 10:00. We figured since it's summer it'd be better to have a night show so as to be a tad cooler for all to enjoy. The itinerary includes a show portion (with trophies), music (we have a DJ so far, but are trying to snag a local band as well), and most importantly a MOBILE DYNO is going to join us this year. Our friends at Breathless Performance are going to come up for the day for those of you wanting to know what kinda ponies you're puttin to the pavement. Prices are as follows ('member guys...CHARITY)

Show(which we suggest most do..you don't have to have your car judged): $15

Dyno: $20 for one pull/$35 for two

Walk around, ect: $3.00

Now that is all I have for now. I'll be posting the flyer with all the local sponsers soon. Last years show raised over $3500 for the Candlelighters of Brevard, but this year we're planning on making some serious money for this worthwhile charity. I just wanted to let all you guys know this is happening and wanted to get a feel for those who might be interested in attending. We would love for as many of you guys to show as possible. This is for a great cause and we hope to outdo last years show triple time. It's not that far of a drive for most you guys in O-town, G'ville, Tampa,ect......

Anyone interested let me know......

-Matt

Last edited by bmsport; 08-17-03 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-02-03, 07:41 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a good cause and should be fun. How do I get there from Sarasota? Anyway you could email me directions or give me the address of the mall so I can get directions from mapquest. Thanks
Old 07-04-03, 05:24 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Here is the address of the event:

Melbourne Square Mall
1700 W New Haven Av, Melbourne, FL 32904

If anyone wants to hit me up on aim my screen name is GOT GTE. Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 07-06-03, 08:24 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

man thats sound great. a night time car show and all the proceeds go to a great cause, i'm in...if anyone wants 2 drive up let me know..Rich u going?
Old 07-06-03, 09:31 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I would definately like to go. I hope my car wont be in the body shop that week. I think I should be seeing my bodykit about a week before that so it will be close. But if the car isnt tied up im definately in. I am going to go over to mapquest and print out the directions.
Old 07-07-03, 11:26 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool Charity Meet

Im definatly in. I think it would be a lot of fun.
Old 07-07-03, 12:09 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

do we need 2 preregister or something in adavnce... let me know...
Old 07-09-03, 06:00 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Nah, its just a show up kind of show. Although i would like to get an idea of which lexus owners are coming so we can park together. (favoritism kicks in here). My aim is GOT GTE is anybody wants to meet up before hand.
Old 07-10-03, 05:51 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i went 2 map quest and it seems 2 b near daytona beach, is it easier 2 go via i95n or turnpike north, i don't like 95 cus the roads r bad thier...
Old 07-11-03, 06:15 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Well, Melbourne is about an hour south of daytona on I-95. Its old exit 72 (not sure of the new exit number), but i think the old one is still on there too. Once you get off at the Melbourne exit which is hwy 192, you head east toward the beaches. The Melbourne Square Mall is about 6 miles down on the left hand side across from steak and shake. You can't miss it, it'll be all set up with the dyno and shop booths before anyone shows up. So whos gonna try and make it:

bmsport
vaki2
bluelex
GS300Rich
alwilliams

If any of you need lodging or anything for the night, let me know and maybe i can come up with something.
Old 07-11-03, 06:22 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bmsport
Well, Melbourne is about an hour south of daytona on I-95. Its old exit 72 (not sure of the new exit number), but i think the old one is still on there too. Once you get off at the Melbourne exit which is hwy 192, you head east toward the beaches. The Melbourne Square Mall is about 6 miles down on the left hand side across from steak and shake. You can't miss it, it'll be all set up with the dyno and shop booths before anyone shows up. So whos gonna try and make it:

bmsport
vaki2
bluelex
GS300Rich
alwilliams

If any of you need lodging or anything for the night, let me know and maybe i can come up with something.
so wait mayb map quest gave me the wrong info, so u'r near boca raton than or fort lauderdale? cus i'm around 140 in west palm beach it think, i don't really use 95 a lot...
Old 07-11-03, 06:26 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Melbourne is about 50 miles east of orlando on the coast. 20 miles south of cocoa beach. WPB is about 120 miles south.
Old 07-11-03, 06:30 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bmsport
Melbourne is about 50 miles east of orlando on the coast. 20 miles south of cocoa beach. WPB is about 120 miles south.

ok. so just take 95 north 2 old 72... i'm going 4 sure, and will most likely need lodging 4 me and my fiance.r thier motels near by u recommend?
Old 07-12-03, 12:59 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool Charity Meet

I will be there for sure!!. Im in Parkland which is close to Coral Springs and plan to head up the day before to visit my inlaws in Orlando and then head up to the meet Sat. afternoon. Is there any specific time to be there? I know the meet starts at 4pm but should we get there earlier to get a good spot??
Old 07-12-03, 01:17 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Well, i'll be sure to reserve some good spots for other Lexi next to mine and vaki's SCs for those coming for sure. I'll be there early, but the show starts around 5ish. If you want to roll in as early as 4, ill be there helping the sponsers set up. The flyer will be out by tuesday and i'll post it than. Lodging:

Baymont Melbourne - right around the corner from the show on the other side of the mall. Huge rooms and about $65-$70 a night, (321) 242-9400 .

Holiday Inn MELBOURNE-OCEANFRONT, FL - right on the beach if your into that. About $85-$110 night, 321-777-4100

There are tons more, those are just the ones i recommend.

Last edited by bmsport; 07-12-03 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: ATTN: All FL Lexi....2nd Annual Cars for Charity meet in Melbourne Aug 16th!!!!!