Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Northern Virginia (NOVA)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-19, 05:42 AM
Miggie
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
I'll have to look for that Group. I assume it contains ANY Lexus vehicle right? FB does get a lot more exposure for sure as I just sold my old 20" Wheels & Tires thanks to their Marketplace! Unfortunately, I'd have to say that the RCF Group on Facebook is 10 times better than this Forum. Much more active and user friendly.
nowadays the facebook pages are a lot more active than the forums and yeah it's open to any lexus and there are some non lexus cars in there as well.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (08-26-19)
Old 08-25-19, 01:53 PM
magnuscat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my Lexus 2006 IS and have a high quality car cover for it. Only used a couple of times and only used in the garage. If someone in NOVA wants it please let me know. I'd be glad to give it to someone who can put it to good use.
Old 08-26-19, 08:25 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by magnuscat
I sold my Lexus 2006 IS and have a high quality car cover for it. Only used a couple of times and only used in the garage. If someone in NOVA wants it please let me know. I'd be glad to give it to someone who can put it to good use.
If only it fit the RCF Id be proud to use it Magnus! Thx - maybe someone local w an ISF will see this ;0
Old 08-27-19, 07:05 AM
aring87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm out in fairfax, but I'll definately check out these car meets coming up.
Old 08-28-19, 06:08 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

I am also in Fairfax, Greenbriar. The Meet at Dulles Landing is straight out Rt50 to Loudon County Pkwy, in Dunkin Donuts lot. Got to see my good friend Ne1tHeRe who kindly sold me his LEMS Intake, then changed his mind to keep his F instead of moving fwd to the new C8 (Hard choice to make!) Also saw the New Supra there, 1st Release to a good dude too! He gets it, the "Toyota Bond"
That goes every Sunday from like 7-9am, and just heard of one in Leesburg from 10am-1500 which we may check out. You'll know its either of us, we're the only RCFs there!
Old 09-02-19, 09:11 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Attention virginia & carolina members!

Since many Members come here to seek detailed information about potential Lexus buys, I figured I'd post this in case anyone is looking for a 2017 RCF.

I already reached out to them to make a correction in the detailed description. Let's see who picks it up........

Richmond RC -F w Low Miles!
Old 09-09-19, 09:48 AM
bumada
Driver

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Another from Fairfax here. I just got a '16 GS 350 not too long ago. I put some new wheels on it and might go the air suspension route. I'll keep an eye out for you guys driving around.
GunnyFitz (09-11-19)
Old 09-10-19, 07:01 AM
Carnage703
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys! I bought a 350 RC a couple weeks ago, glad to be here. I mistakenly tried looking for NoVA in the NorthEast section without realizing that VA is still south >.<.

Anyone have experience in dealing with PTuning in Manassas? I'd like to get a new exhaust ordered and installed.
Old 09-10-19, 08:55 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnage703
Hey guys! I bought a 350 RC a couple weeks ago, glad to be here. I mistakenly tried looking for NoVA in the NorthEast section without realizing that VA is still south >.<.

Anyone have experience in dealing with PTuning in Manassas? I'd like to get a new exhaust ordered and installed.
i've had some work done there on previous cars, headers, SAFC tuner, and have done a few sessions of dyno tuning with them. Clean shop, I haven't had any problems with them over the years. Patrick is usually who I speak to and he is quick to reply via phone and email.
TitanG545 (06-01-20)
Old 09-10-19, 09:59 AM
RaiderHawk
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello everyone. My 2019 RX 350 is looking for some new 18" wheels instead of the plain ones I have now. I've looked at some of the (Expensive) ones Lexus sells and some OEM ones on AMZ. Seems I read somewhere that the OEM wheels are not as good as genuine Lexus wheels and will deteriorate faster. Does anyone know of any truth to that? It's because of that I may just suck it up and purchase them from Lexus and probably in Delaware to save on taxes. Any advice or comment is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-10-19, 10:17 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Originally Posted by RaiderHawk
Hello everyone. My 2019 RX 350 is looking for some new 18" wheels instead of the plain ones I have now. I've looked at some of the (Expensive) ones Lexus sells and some OEM ones on AMZ. Seems I read somewhere that the OEM wheels are not as good as genuine Lexus wheels and will deteriorate faster. Does anyone know of any truth to that? It's because of that I may just suck it up and purchase them from Lexus and probably in Delaware to save on taxes. Any advice or comment is appreciated. Thank you.
I'm confused. Are you talking about OEM replicas? Otherwise, OEM wheels and Lexus wheels should mean the same thing, sine OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer.

I've "heard" that replicas aren't as good quality, but I also know in the VW/Audi/Mustang aftermarket world, they are used all the time. While standard Lexus cast wheels are nothing special in terms of quality and technology, you at least know that you are getting something from a reputable company. The forged series of Lexus wheels are another story altogether, and while expensive, are excellent wheels. I guess it just depends on the company producing the replicas. Another item I see a lot of are OEM refurbished wheels that are much cheaper, but its unknown how the finish quality is, what damage was done to the wheel prior to refurb (is it still true, cracks, how was rash fixed, etc.). I'm not sure what you mean by them deteriorating unless you mean when hitting potholes, etc.

Have you thought about aftermarket wheels? If you want it to look OEM, you can modify most to have Lexus logos at the hub. From reputable manufacturers, usually with better technology than OEM cast wheels, and better pricing. You can then go as extreme or mild in appearance as you want, not just the few options Lexus has to offer.
Old 09-10-19, 01:22 PM
RaiderHawk
Rookie

Thanks for replying. I suppose as long as OEM is made the same as the original. I'm mostly referring to aftermarket products (including refurbished) which I don't want. I'm sure I read something about non-original rims deteriorating faster than the genuine product. I just don't remember where I read that at.
Based on your explanation, I make take a closer look at the ones on AMZ and see if I can find something that I like. I'll also confirm that the Lexus logo can be placed at the center of the rim. Thanks. Great explanation.
Old 09-10-19, 01:26 PM
RaiderHawk
Rookie

...and if you don't buy direct from Lexus, who would you buy them from? or consider?
Old 09-10-19, 01:36 PM
cliffhokie
Driver

Thanks for replying. I suppose as long as OEM is made the same as the original. I'm mostly referring to aftermarket products (including refurbished) which I don't want. I'm sure I read something about non-original rims deteriorating faster than the genuine product. I just don't remember where I read that at.
Based on your explanation, I make take a closer look at the ones on AMZ and see if I can find something that I like. I'll also confirm that the Lexus logo can be placed at the center of the rim. Thanks. Great explanation.
Just curious, but what are you referring to when you mention "AMZ"?
Replicas might be more susceptible to damage (cracks from potholes, wheel vibrations, poor paint quality, etc.). But that is speculation. While I hate the adage I see thrown around here "pay to play", I do believe the other one regarding the price "being too good to be true". If it is ridiculously cheap, I'm wagering the quality isn't particularly great, and I'm not sure I'd sacrifice that on wheels.

Regarding aftermarket rim brands I see a lot of on here like Niche, TSW, Enkei, OZ, Velgen, Work, Vossen, etc., they are quite reputable and many have IMO better quality than most OEM rims I've replaced (I've personally used Enkei, TSW, and OZ). Most aftermarket rims won't directly fit the Lexus center cap, but you can purchase Lexus logos for them that will. DM if you want more details.
TitanG545 (06-01-20)
Old 09-10-19, 01:41 PM
cliffhokie
Driver

...and if you don't buy direct from Lexus, who would you buy them from? or consider?
Not sure how this works, but I've received different quotes on the exact same items (wheels included) from different Lexus dealers. At one time, I was inquiring about the F-Sport 18's and three different dealers, three different prices. Same with the spoiler, and 2017 rear diffuser. So if you are interested, I would grab the part number and check different dealers.

As for aftermarket wheels, you can start with TireRack or maybe one of our sponsors and go from there. Just got to Marketplace > Vendor Directory. Some of them are quite helpful. Local shops can also order directly for you and direct you with suggestions, and also back their installation. There are a few in the area with competitive prices.

Quick Reply: Northern Virginia (NOVA)