Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Official West Palm Beach Meet:

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-03, 06:10 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

I will also be there. Look forward to seeing everyone.
Old 08-20-03, 06:38 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by mdw131
Im in...Turned down 50 yard dolphins tickets for this...I hope it was the right decision....
mans thats dedication....lets not let this guy down guys!!!!

future, did u leave n.j. yet? i've made that trip a couple of times, not fun. especially when i hit florida and the exits r 25 miles apart .. goodluck on u'r road trip...
Old 08-20-03, 07:09 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im skipping the game mainly to see cars like your's Blue!!! It is tastefully well modded!!

I use to make the drive from Gainsville to Miami all the time when I was at UF. It was HORRIBLE!!! The first hour and last hour are the longest....
Old 08-21-03, 06:57 PM
Cosm
Pole Position

Default 7:00 ???

I have been to the towers and mostly everybody doesn't get there til after 9pm. and stay till ?? so I honestly don't think anybody else will be there except CL members. Everybody should get together down there around 9pm maybe a little earlier also there was some problems down there last week with kids vandalizing some cars so the best thing to do is to get a spot under a light in the parking lot and have all CL members park besides each other. If anybody still wants to go early and show up with nobody else there they can goto either BOOMERS! or Dave and buster to kill some time , both are off of i-95 and stirling.
Old 08-21-03, 10:18 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Thumbs down A problem arose!!!!

Lets just say the car has taken a bit of damage. I was down in the keys today and I was parking to go into a restaurant. Of all the spots to take, I took the one with the rebar bolts sticking way up from the parking stone. I didnt notice because it was night....Well the bar did a nice smashing of my left corner bumper and popped the tab/screw off from the quarter panel. Its 1 am now but ill take a pic in the morning. I guess I want to go but I dont want to show up with a busted up Lex...It will take away from all your cars. You tell me what to do guys...Quite frankly Im embarrased....

Last edited by mdw131; 08-21-03 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-22-03, 03:24 AM
UncleNick
Pole Position

Default Re: 7:00 ???

Originally posted by Cosm
I have been to the towers and mostly everybody doesn't get there til after 9pm. and stay till ?? so I honestly don't think anybody else will be there except CL members. Everybody should get together down there around 9pm maybe a little earlier also there was some problems down there last week with kids vandalizing some cars so the best thing to do is to get a spot under a light in the parking lot and have all CL members park besides each other. If anybody still wants to go early and show up with nobody else there they can goto either BOOMERS! or Dave and buster to kill some time , both are off of i-95 and stirling.
I have been going to Towers now for about 4 yrs on-off, if your going to street race, yes after 9pm is the ticket(no pun intended) but it is usually packed with muscle cars, show cars, bikes, ect by 7:00pm. It is hard to find a spot to park after this time. BE CAREFUL SPEEDING IN THIS AREA, the police knows what goes on there and will get you....trust me on this one....been there, done that.
Old 08-22-03, 05:45 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Exclamation Tower Meet

I was under the impression that this meet was for CL members to meet each other and admire each others cars. I dont have any intention of going to any meet if there are going to be," excuse my french "punks" racing with each other on the streets & in a parking lot. That was not my idea of a CL meet. I am too old for that type of juvenile behavior. I am sure alot of you will agree with me on this. We are owners of Lexus automobiles not some ricer automobile so I am hoping to meet and associate with professionals and adults that take pride in their fine cars.
Old 08-22-03, 06:53 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: A problem arose!!!!

Originally posted by mdw131
Lets just say the car has taken a bit of damage. I was down in the keys today and I was parking to go into a restaurant. Of all the spots to take, I took the one with the rebar bolts sticking way up from the parking stone. I didnt notice because it was night....Well the bar did a nice smashing of my left corner bumper and popped the tab/screw off from the quarter panel. Its 1 am now but ill take a pic in the morning. I guess I want to go but I dont want to show up with a busted up Lex...It will take away from all your cars. You tell me what to do guys...Quite frankly Im embarrased....
1st i think u shouldn't b embarrased of what happen, it wasn't really u'r fault. this is not a car show but a cl florida meet. i think i can speak 4 everyone and say crashed , stock, or burned we would enjoy u'r company at out meet. the more the merrier..its about meeting eachother and taking pics..plus we have Brandon(futuregs) coming and he's a miricle worker with the camera , so i'm sure he can fins a way 2 take pics and hide any blemishes u'r might have sustained. hope 2 c u there..
Old 08-22-03, 06:58 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i think as far as some kids running around hating and scatching cars as long as we stay together we should ba o.k. and also it doesn't mean we need 2 stay there all night. we could simply meet there and leave afterwards somewhere 2 eat or just take pics around town. i doubt anyoe will try something if e r all there and tohether.. but i'm not really worried about some punk kids. should b fun anyway...shine them up guys...
Old 08-22-03, 08:11 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Unhappy The pics....

Old 08-22-03, 08:19 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Like a girl now I have a photogenic side and my bad side.... Brandon you are going to have to do some serious cover up for me....

On a side note, Im not sure if i need a new bumper or if this is fixable....If I get a new bumper can I buy aftermarket even though my car is leased? I dont think I can...A man can dream though....
Old 08-22-03, 01:40 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hey guys

i just got off the phone with Fortune the owner of Daizen Sport Tuning (the sways and springs ) A premier lexus aftermarket tuner..

well he is in miami for the last couple of weeks and based on my back and forth with him and Todd he was supposed to leave today to go back to his office but instead cancelled his flight to attend our meet.... Again i say daizen's owner is coming sat to the meet...

This is a perfect opprotunity to talk with and pick his mind for upcoming products as well as what hes cureently has on the market... this guy is extremely connected to the racing arena and knows his stuff.. I will be bringing the new Daizen springs to the meet on Sat that i just got in from todd at tm eng .. I am swapping these from my Ltuned springs for after extensive taliking with todd and fortune , these springs not only look 100% better but will perform better and yet still give a similar Ltuned ride,, so i am bringing to show you guys the quality of Daizen.. please all should attend and meet him personally and we should also have a rep from Lexus of pembroke pines coming for they have expressed a desire to now be apart of the aftermarket world for lexus in terms of parts and tuning for svc (no more blaming aftermarket parts for problems)

Al ,, dont worry about those iditots... we are there to admire , help and advise each others work of art, who cares about the ricers

to mdw131 not to worry about that little mishap ,, this is not a car show in the least for if it was i would be the first to be thrown out ,, my car being clean is not free from defect ( I PLACE MORE PRIORITY ON THE GO THEN SHOW) and my rides battle scars are there to prove it (2 small key scratchs rear quarter rock chips in front etc etc etc ,, my car is mint but not pristine show lets all come together and have fun on sat
Old 08-23-03, 04:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...083#post659083
Old 08-24-03, 05:14 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry I missed the second day, I had some family problems. I really enjoyed meeting people who are passionate about our Lexus cars on Friday nite. Looks like you guys had some excitement after I left. Hopefully we can get together soon for a private (Lexus owners only) gathering, have a barbeque, maybe a couple of events. I will visit the Tower Shoppes gathering frequently because I love looking at cars, even the poorly and overdone ones.

Last edited by Ice350; 08-24-03 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-24-03, 06:25 AM
UncleNick
Pole Position

I also had a good time Fri nite, It was nice to put names with faces. Hope we can so the CL BBQ soon!

Quick Reply: Official West Palm Beach Meet: