Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Old planning thread for Dec 7 Florida Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-03, 10:59 AM
UncleNick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 14th is good for me if we get more cars to show
Old 10-30-03, 08:06 PM
lilnard85
Rookie

hey guys if the meet is in mami can , is anyone comein through jacksonville that i can follow or something cuz. when it come to travelin to new place i need help :
Old 10-31-03, 08:27 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hey guys i'm back....Ed did u go 2 c the dealer yet. let me know when u want me 2 come down 2 meet with them if needed....any date is good 4 me in november or december...i wish someone could make some flyers, even if they aren't the best looking just as long as they get the point across. if some can make a nice flyer post it and we can print it out and make copies and post them around town and at shops and on cars we c around town....anybody?

Last edited by bluelex; 10-31-03 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-31-03, 08:39 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bluelex
hey guys i'm back....Ed did u go 2 c the dealer yet. let me know when u want me 2 come down 2 meet with them if needed....any date is good 4 me in november or december...i wish someone could make some flyers, even if they aren't the best looking just as long as they get the point across. if some can make a nice flyer post it and we can print it out and make copies and post them around town and at shops and on cars we c around town....anybody?
If you want I can photoshop a 8x10 flyer for you guys. Just tell me what you want it to look like and what it should say. I can make it in color and B&W incase anyone wants to make B&W or color copies. Either way if you want me to make a flyer I'd be more than happy to do it just tell me what you want on it and what it should look like along with when you need it done by. Usually the more graphics and fancy things the longer it will take but it will be worth it.
Old 10-31-03, 07:45 PM
AFGuy0127
Rookie

man, I wanna go to this, but I won't be in florida until january.... sounds like it's shaping up to be a pretty good event...... nice job to the guys that are working it
Old 11-01-03, 06:48 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

so far according to brian the gen manager said dec 7 is going to be the date for the festivities

he committed to calling me by tues to confirm with craig zinn , the millionare owner of the dealership , for craig is a diehard racer and actually owns the is300 that team lexus races and wants to be there to display his toys

so jimmit , thanks for your offer , and we will take you up on the offer for adrian's idea is great to place flyers on peoples cars and in shops to let more people know about the event

okay heres how we are going to do this

preregistration will be required by the attendees to gurantee a parking space within the organized event
once you have been reg , you will be given a number or password assigned to you via pm so we can confirm your space.. to those who reg and cancel please give advance notice so we can assign space to another member.

this reg process is necessary to insure the event stays organized for that is a major concern of management with things getting out of control..we will be permitted for parking arrangement a specific number of cars to be displayed

parking arrangements will be broken into three areas , GS specific ,IS specific,Sc Specific and then Misc parking..

we will be inviting a few supras from the forum (the mature guys ) to participate for they have toyota products as well but the main focus will be Lexus products

No ricer rides allowed (no offense , but no acuras , hondas and things of that nature will be allowed on the grounds for display..

No drag racing and things of the nature will be permitted (for Pembroke oines police will be present)

Parking for spectators will be arranged and organized so that this is not interfering with pines blvd traffic

So far the dealership has offered to do a barbecue so it looks like some food will be provided , i have also invited a friend who owns a Jamaican Bakery/restaurant to come and sell food and patties at a discounted price..

I am still working out details of prizes to be won by paticipants for there will be some type of car judging , best in show, and best in perf modifications.. the way the cars will be arranged in 3 sections will give people the opprotunity to judge each group sep and pick 3 finalists out of each ..the 1 winner out of each group will be chosen which each winner will rec a prize, then the 3 remaining (1 gs , 1is ,1 sc ) will then be judged and that winner will take home the gold (that prize still to be determined)

we are going to have a nice area for stageing/judging driving the car through for photos

WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE , I HOPE WE CAN KEEP THIS ORGANIZED AND ALL THOSE WHO REGISTER TO ATTEND WILL ATTEND FOR WE NEED A GOOD SHOWING OF SUPPORT TO SHOW THE CROWDS WHAT PRIDE WE HAVE IN OUR CARS BUT ALSO A STRONG SHOWING OF WHAT CLUBLEXUS IS ALL ABOUT (DEDICATED MATURE UPSCALE MEMBERS )

adrian , gabriel .jonhnee78, reggie ,methodical,futuregs,superjoe, please call me on sunday afternoon or by monday evening , need to talk to you guys
Old 11-03-03, 06:23 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok guys. I am going to put a sticky of this in teh SC Forum. Can someone (lexforlife, Bluelex) PM me with all the details (dates, what we're going to do, etc.) All I know is that it is being sponsored by a Lexus dealership and that it is going to be on HIN weekend (i think). I'm just trying to get more people. Thanks
Old 11-03-03, 11:02 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

Jupiter, Florida here!
Old 11-04-03, 01:18 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

OKAY GUYS DATE IS SET , JUST GOT WORD FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER

DECEMBER 7 12-5PM

more info to follow , please pre register to gurantee parking space
Old 11-05-03, 08:28 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ok so we need 2 contact dave so he can get the date, he asked b4 so he could post stickies but we didn't have date set...now we need 2 make flyers..jimbo can u still make those flyers 4 us....?
Old 11-05-03, 08:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by jimmit
If you want I can photoshop a 8x10 flyer for you guys. Just tell me what you want it to look like and what it should say. I can make it in color and B&W incase anyone wants to make B&W or color copies. Either way if you want me to make a flyer I'd be more than happy to do it just tell me what you want on it and what it should look like along with when you need it done by. Usually the more graphics and fancy things the longer it will take but it will be worth it.
hey jimmit, yes could u please make a flyer 4 us in color and in black and white. we now have the date which is dec. 7th and the time which is 11am to 5pm and the location is lexus of pembrook pines in ft lauderdale. i'll get the address 4 u in a bit and directions from rt95 and turnpike would b great 2, i'll get that info 2 u soon. as far as the look, i guess what ever u think is nice.mayb some pics in the flyer , as long as the time and date and directione r there, with clublexus.com mention and i guess very imporetant would b thats its a lexus meet meaning anyone can come but only lexus's will b allowed 2 park 4 the show/meet parking lot eveyone else would have 2 park in the back or where ever the non participants park we will get that info 2 u soon...anyone have ideas 4 the flyer please post them so we can get it done soon so we can start 2 pass them out around our towns. not 2 crzy or difficult we don't 2 make 2 hard 4 jimmit thanx guys lets make this BIG!!!

edit...
hey jimmit i have the times,directions,exact location, plus event info in the link below, mayb slide these on the flyer 4 peopel 2 know what the event is about...thanx dude....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...370#post725370

Last edited by bluelex; 11-06-03 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-05-03, 08:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
ok so we need 2 contact dave so he can get the date, he asked b4 so he could post stickies but we didn't have date set...now we need 2 make flyers..jimbo can u still make those flyers 4 us....?
Gotcha covered. Updated the annoucement and changed the title of this thread. Putting on the calendar now.
Old 11-05-03, 10:59 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Gotcha covered. Updated the annoucement and changed the title of this thread. Putting on the calendar now.
thanx dave...u'r always on top of things
Old 11-05-03, 01:56 PM
FREELANCE
Driver

Looking forward to this, can't wait....
Old 11-06-03, 07:03 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

guys there is a thread set up 4 pre-registering 4 this event...please c link below...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...370#post725370

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR DETAILS ON THIS MEET

CLICK HERE!!!

Closing this thread - please RSVP in the new thread if you can attend or for questions

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-06-03 at 05:15 PM.