Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

DFW Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-04, 01:19 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome white ice. my sis lives in keller
Old 11-02-04, 03:41 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

JPI: i fixed my belt, apaprently it was still there, but was just slipping on the pulley...have a new issue, see my post in the ES forum.
i'm down for the meet as far as i know.
Old 11-10-04, 01:23 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

if you all want to see my POS that is LOL.

dont laugh, she is a work in progress.

Jason, do you happen to have a referral for a body shoop that does decent/cheap work? i know that in auto body repair the words decent and cheap dont go together....but...
Old 11-11-04, 01:06 AM
toymachine40k
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ArmyofOne
if you all want to see my POS that is LOL.

dont laugh, she is a work in progress.

Jason, do you happen to have a referral for a body shoop that does decent/cheap work? i know that in auto body repair the words decent and cheap dont go together....but...
I know a cheap/ reasonable prices bodyshop that does top notch work, my car is physical proof of this shop's quality. Lemme know what you need done...

Last edited by toymachine40k; 11-11-04 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-11-04, 08:21 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

nothing righjt now...just got the down low on my car, i have $2,000 woth of oil leaks...how the hell do you get $2,000 worth of oil leaks???

a freaking motor can only leak from so many places

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 11-11-04 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-11-04, 08:49 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice talking to you Josh. Sorry to break you the bad news. Keep an eye on the oil.
JPI
Old 11-12-04, 01:12 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

hey, listen, i have been getting the runaround from many places, at least now i know what is going on, and how to fix it. for me, id rather know. i appreciate the hour of time (which you could easily had charged me a labor hour for) that you gave to me for free. i wont be able to make it out this friday to get the joint fixed, Payrol screwed up the payment and so i have no paycheck. not enough in the account to cover. and i dont want to let you work on it and not know when i am going to be able to pay you.

oh FYI, JP imports has 6 bays, 3 of which are filled with some sick *** rides if i do say so myself. there are 4 lifts, and soon to be a dynomometer in there next year.

Jason is the most knowledgeable mechanic i have talked to in a long time. it made me realize that while i knwo alot, i have o so much more to learn. he is very helpful and allows you into the bay to see your car. the waiting room is nice too, you can see all the bays at the same time threoygh the "bay" window in the waiting room. there is a suede couch (only thing missing is a TV, which i may be able to get for you if you are interested, 32" i have laying in the house...) he isnt out to rip you off like most mechanics are, his prices seemed fair and reasonable. so by all means, take your lex to him if you are int he area, i challenge you to find a more knowledgeable person in the metroplex.

if i had wanted to make a hjourney down I-635 in 5:30 PM traffic i would have stayed longer, but...well, you know how 635 loop is.

the drive really wasnt that bad, and i know where he is now, so i knwo i can get there.

and i always check my oil jason, its become a habit for me more or less. check it every morningbefore i go to work, top it off abotu once a week. never drops below halfway on the dipstick.

and iw as thinking about it last night, alot of that $2,000-$2,500 you wuoted me is labor, in fact most of it. its not unreasonable at all, and its probably easier to pull the motor and replace all the seals.

when ileave in Feb, i may leave the car with you, so you can work on it at your leisure, and i can feed you money via EFT as it comes in for services rendered. but i will be gone for a WHILE.

thats if i decide to fix it. the other thing is i may buy another car and pull the motor on this one myself,and do a complete rebuild on the engine, its all up in the air right now though.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 11-12-04 at 01:16 PM.