Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

DFW GS Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-05, 03:23 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I think we should have it on a Saturday. Should be when most of us are free. We need to advertise/promote this on the forum a bit. The forum moderators usually move any meet/group posts to here. I know there are a lot fewer people visiting the Regional forums.

And as TexasGS said...we NEED to nail a date down before it is 30F outside! Although the reduced temperature will give a good HP increase

Mods if you are reading this. Please let us promote a meet on the Model specific forums for a little while without moving the posts here. Thanks!

This meet will be for ALL Lexus cars! Eh...i think the title should be changed to: DFW Lexus Owners

Here is the going list so far.
Me- Plano - GS
TexasGS- Plano - GS
1QWKLEX- ?? - IS
dallasGS4- Frisco - GS
TRULUX- ?? - GS
Realaristo- ?? - Aristo

I think for the meet....it should be at a big parking lot. Wait 30min-1hr for everyone to meet up, check out cars, get to know everyone, and take pix of cars. Then after that find some place to eat or get a grill going somewhere as 1QWKLEX mentioned. I need some input here guys! Seems like TexasGS is the only one doing a part here

So the meet should be on a Saturday. Oct 15, Oct 29, Nov 5, Nov 12, Nov 19. The mercury will start to drop once we get closer to December. I think those 5 dates are the timeframe where we can have a meet and not freeze our asses off.

Input guys input!!!
Old 10-09-05, 04:22 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are some of the big public parks in north Dallas? I live in south Arlington so I dont really know what parks there are. We had a meet at River Legacy and that was a good spot but might be alittle far for some of yall girls to drive.hahahahaha Lets find a big park with grills and lots of parking. How about Saturday the 29th of October. Will that work it is the Saturday before Halloween.
Old 10-09-05, 05:41 PM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

River Legacy Park is always a good spot. Plenty of parking spaces and grills. But Jason at JPI is wanting to host our get together over at his shop. Let's here what Jason says about the dates. For me, I'd vote for Nov. 5 to kick off the fall season right. Jason, where you at? Chime in here, will ya.
Old 10-09-05, 07:54 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKLEX
River Legacy Park is always a good spot. Plenty of parking spaces and grills. But Jason at JPI is wanting to host our get together over at his shop. Let's here what Jason says about the dates. For me, I'd vote for Nov. 5 to kick off the fall season right. Jason, where you at? Chime in here, will ya.
November 5 sounds like a good date to me. I have no problem doing it at JPI. There's a great park out in McKinney called Erwin Park that is very remote and very nice. It is just north of 380 between 75 and Preston Road. But that may be a bit remote for everyone. Maybe we all could do a meet and great at JPI on Saturday and then do the Erwin Park thing on Sunday for a grill and chow down thing where everyone could bring their families, etc. Just some thoughts.
Old 10-10-05, 07:20 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1QWKLEX
if it is on the 5 i cant go. it is the old ladys birthday. there is no way she will understand i have to go look at cars. lol
Old 10-10-05, 05:06 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Jefftsai, I notice you have the L-tuned exhaust on your car. How do you like it? Did you get it from Darell over as Sewell? I am thinking about doing a set of those. Let me know how you like them. Bill.
Old 10-13-05, 03:48 PM
gottahaveit2
Lead Lap

I'm up in the Allen/Plano area, actually in Parker near Legacy and 75. I run up and down 75 2x/day since I work near downtown Dallas. Sounds like quite a few up in the N Dallas area..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180222
Old 10-13-05, 05:18 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

There is a big meet at JPI on Nov/5th. Be sure to make it ! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=182282
JP Importz
Old 10-18-05, 12:58 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JPI
There is a big meet at JPI on Nov/5th. Be sure to make it ! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=182282
JP Importz
Well, lets just make it mandatory for everyone in the Dallas area to be at JPI on the 5th. I will be there.
Old 10-18-05, 03:36 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Anyone going to the taste of lexus this weekend? We tried to sign up but it's too late
JP Importz
Old 10-18-05, 05:17 PM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JPI
Anyone going to the taste of lexus this weekend? We tried to sign up but it's too late
JP Importz
The wife and I are there at 1130am on Sat. Gotta check out the IS350.
Old 10-18-05, 06:13 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Can someone get me in?
JP Importz
Old 10-27-05, 05:30 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I temporarily live in Dallas.
Old 10-30-05, 12:13 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Who all is going to be there?
Old 11-13-05, 05:32 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Went to the JPI meet last weekend and I think there were like 2 GS's there. Mostly Supra's from what I saw. I would still like to get a Lexus meet together. Something where we can all meet up and talk about our cars and maybe do a picnic thing. I know the weather is about to get a little cold and wet so maybe we will have to meet in the Spring. Or we can look for a good weekend this fall. Anybody interested

Quick Reply: DFW GS Owners