Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Has JPI done a Daizen Bushing Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 01:47 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has JPI done a Daizen Bushing Kit?

Does anyone know if JPI has installed one of the Daizen control arm bushing kits? After reading all the threads on it, I am very interested in having it done....as long as the price is right!
Old 11-19-05, 01:08 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a REALLY quick install. You could do it yourself easily. Anyhow, I'm 110% sure JPI could do this in about 30 minutes and should only cost you around $75.00 max.

Do it yourself and save the money.
Old 11-19-05, 07:22 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

The Daizen control arm bushing kit is not real easy to install according to all the threads. If you are talking about the sway bars or sway bar bushings, yea that's reall easy for the DIYer. As for the front control arm bushings, it appears that the old bushings need to be burned out and you need a hydralic press to press the new bushings in. There are some folks out in CA having TM Engineering install theirs since most DIYers don't have all the tools to really do the job correctly. The car also will need to be re-aligned.
Old 11-20-05, 09:43 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Oops sorry, I thought you were talking about Sways. But JPI can do your LCAs NO PROBLEM.
Old 11-21-05, 02:55 PM
HoracioGS4
Pole Position

JPI can do what you need...no problem. Give him a quick call at the shop. 214-221-3135.
Old 11-21-05, 03:56 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HoracioGS4
JPI can do what you need...no problem. Give him a quick call at the shop. 214-221-3135.
Yup. Wouldn't the easiest thing be to ask JPI directly about it?
Old 11-22-05, 06:11 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I wanted to get some feedback from someone who may have had JPI do it for them. I have never had them do any work on my car and have heard good things about them but wanted some feedback before dropping my car off there. You know what I mean? I am sure any Lexus dealer around DFW can do it but I will not get any feedback from someone who may have had it done there. Isn't that part of the beauty of this forum...information?
Old 11-24-05, 03:07 PM
AustinGS4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I clicked on the Daizen dealers link and am not finding the parts in many places. In a Froogle search through Google I got three options and a slight difference in price: $99 to $159

Can you recommend a place to purchase these from and tell me what the difference is?
Old 11-24-05, 09:54 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AustinGS4
I clicked on the Daizen dealers link and am not finding the parts in many places. In a Froogle search through Google I got three options and a slight difference in price: $99 to $159

Can you recommend a place to purchase these from and tell me what the difference is?
Here is the place. http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist....=85&ModelID=14
You will have to check with them to make sure they have them in stock. If you call, ask for Darrel Diller. He is a great guy to work with. They are located in Dallas.
Old 11-26-05, 10:06 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

We did many of the LCA on Supras, SC300 and 400. A special tool was develop by us in order to get these bushings in and out. This is not by far a quick and easy install.
JPI
Old 11-27-05, 09:12 AM
AustinGS4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Bushings

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Here is the place. http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist....=85&ModelID=14
You will have to check with them to make sure they have them in stock. If you call, ask for Darrel Diller. He is a great guy to work with. They are located in Dallas.
Thanks a bunch for the info. Have you purchased these yet? Have you been given any estimates on the install costs?

JPI, thanks for jumping in. Why in the world would a special tool need developing for a part created over 8 years ago? Isn't that crazy! Of course I don't know any better I just think that's insane for a shop to have to deal with. What kinds of problems should I expect to run into when discussing this job with my mechanic?

Thanks,

Carle
Old 11-27-05, 03:38 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AustinGS4
Thanks a bunch for the info. Have you purchased these yet? Have you been given any estimates on the install costs?

JPI, thanks for jumping in. Why in the world would a special tool need developing for a part created over 8 years ago? Isn't that crazy! Of course I don't know any better I just think that's insane for a shop to have to deal with. What kinds of problems should I expect to run into when discussing this job with my mechanic?

Thanks,

Carle
You will have to make the bushing driver. Most of the people we know burn the old bushings off. That is a big NO NO. If you mean by the strut rod bushings then they are easy to replace. Never see a LCA on the newer GS300/400. We will try to get some pictures tomorrow.
JPI