Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

AZ MEET - JAN 7th?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-05, 02:39 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AZ MEET - JAN 7th?

Hey all,

There has been a lot of talk about having an AZ Meet on Saturday, January 7th. I wanted to start a new thread so we can keep all the ideas and suggestions in one place. I was just going to throw a couple of comments/ideas out there and let people run with them or give feedback.

1) There was talk of a central location so some of the East Valley folks might be game. Are we talking Tempe (ASU/Mill Ave/etc) or like central Scottsdale (Fashion Square/Old Town/etc)?

2) There was also talk of an activity or meeting up and doing something fun ... dinner? Indoor kart racing? etc? Check out F1 Race Factory - they have food, drink (beer too!) and it could be fun to have a group get together and do something like this. Kaiser had mentioned the idea of doing a dyno day as well. His buddy owns a shop and they do dynos and a bbq lunch. Any thoughts on any of this?

3) I heard someone mention a road rally or something similar. I'm not sure about people's time/work/family constraints, but we could do a trip on Sunday. Like Phoenix to Sedona (have lunch) and then come back. I'm just putting that out there as a feeler to see what people think.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

Happy Holidays to everyone. My GS is going to get a few gifts in a week or so!

Over and out,

~ 4GRAINR ~
Old 12-26-05, 08:57 AM
Kaiser
Racer

My wife is working all day on the 7th. I am playing Mr. Mom all day.
Old 12-26-05, 09:18 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone of those options sounds good, but i think that something a little more interactive w/ the group i.e. kart racing, dyno day, or a cruise would be chill... we also still gotta get everybody we can to come out otherwise it wont be worth it
Old 12-26-05, 02:37 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

i think F1 race factory you need a valid AZ license.. I dont...hahaha...cali license...speedway raceway you dont need a license period...all of those ideas sound like a good one....i personally think we should go to tempe to meet if we are gonna meet in the middle..theres my .02
Old 12-26-05, 02:40 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

speedway raceway
Old 12-26-05, 03:43 PM
Kaiser
Racer

Originally Posted by modaoreoho
i think F1 race factory you need a valid AZ license.. I dont...hahaha...cali license...speedway raceway you dont need a license period...all of those ideas sound like a good one....i personally think we should go to tempe to meet if we are gonna meet in the middle..theres my .02
Any valid license will work there.
Old 12-27-05, 04:30 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

well..i think speedway raceway would be good still..not as far out as F1 but far enough to get some East Valley peoples...anyone else got some options or opinions?... EDIT: So i jus found out that my buddy's wife is having a suprise F.O.C ( ***** off cancer) party for him on the 7th...he has had a relapse of his melanoma and has to go under this crazy new treatment in LA...so that has taken priority..sorry guys..next time

Last edited by PsiQo1; 12-27-05 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-30-05, 03:05 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bum deal - sounded like we were going to have a nice turn out - oh well.
Old 12-30-05, 11:22 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cliffud
bum deal - sounded like we were going to have a nice turn out - oh well.
yeah...we have to do sumthing great next meet...hmmm...i really think a drive and then a BBQ in a park would be fun...we would be able to talk car talk and eat some goooooood food and also get to know one another
Old 01-03-06, 07:51 AM
Ryan -TC
Driver School Candidate

Default Meet Jan 7th

Hey guys,

I am organizing a meet on Jan. 7th (this Saturday) with the Supra community and other car forums. We are meeting around the Krispy Kreme at Arizona Mills Mall between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. We are then going to caravan over to the Pavillions to hang out and check out the cars. I thought this would be a good way to get a bunch of the different communities involved. Any questions either email me or feel free to call me. 602-770-2414 or ryan@tunerscorner.com
Old 01-03-06, 09:23 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i might make it - depends on how long my event is going to last out at ASU.
Old 01-03-06, 11:04 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Ill probably be working then... I havent checked my schedule though.

Becareful of the popos when you guys cruise, theyre trigger happy to give exhibition of speed tickets at a sign of anything those things carry the same weight as a DUI points wise.
Old 01-03-06, 09:10 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Hey Ryan-TC, I'm willing to go down to meet up at the Krispy Kreme down at AZ Mills and then a cruise.. are you definitely gonna do this or is this being proposed? I am pretty religious about goin down to the Pavi's on Sat. nights though so either way I'm sure we can all meet up
Old 01-04-06, 04:36 PM
AzSc4
Driver School Candidate

hey guys, i know i just started posting here so nobody knows me, but my name is Austin and I live in scottsdale and have a 94 sc400. I usually go to pavillions in scottsdale every saturday (i dont park in the show though). so if you guys do the mills/ pavil thing Im interested.

btw, there is sometimes a really nice peal white lowered sc400 at pavil, is that somebodys on here?
Old 01-04-06, 08:13 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AzSc4
hey guys, i know i just started posting here so nobody knows me, but my name is Austin and I live in scottsdale and have a 94 sc400. I usually go to pavillions in scottsdale every saturday (i dont park in the show though). so if you guys do the mills/ pavil thing Im interested.

btw, there is sometimes a really nice peal white lowered sc400 at pavil, is that somebodys on here?
AzSc4, yeah i think i may have seen you driving down at the PAvi's before is your sc black too? Well anyways that dude with the Pearl White SC400 is Mario hes mad cool got Espelier Springs JIC Magic Kit and JIC exhaust thats his daily driver tho...he got an absolutley insane eclipse that he resurected after a crash but Im def down for the mills/ pavi's thing but i gotta get my fender lips out back rolled or shaved because I aint gonna drive all the way down there to melt my tires...PITA

Quick Reply: AZ MEET - JAN 7th?