Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Wheres all the Texas people?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 12:52 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheres all the Texas people?

I was just wondering. I always see other Lexus' on the road, but I rarely ever see people who post from Houston.
I will start...Im in Houston, Southwest side in Sugar Land.
Whos next?
Old 03-02-06, 11:46 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

im here.

alot of us houston people post on www.houston-imports.com
Old 03-02-06, 03:53 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

yeah I registered over there, but I never recieved my confrimation email and it wont let me post. If you know one of the mods maybe you can help me out. PM me if you can.
Old 03-02-06, 03:56 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Abear
yeah I registered over there, but I never recieved my confrimation email and it wont let me post. If you know one of the mods maybe you can help me out. PM me if you can.
yea me too
Old 03-02-06, 08:05 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

you cannot register using a free email service. Try again wiht and ISP email address.
Old 03-02-06, 09:23 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

I used my Road Runner email address. I registered and I can log in and everything. Problem is, I never recieved the email you are supposed to get after registring that has a link you click to activate your registration. I signed up tuesday and still no email....oh well, I will try again later. My name is Abear on H-I.com too, so if know one of the mods let them know whats up.
Old 03-02-06, 09:41 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

give me a user name and teh register email adrees i see if i can get someone to help.
Old 03-21-06, 07:27 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's up.. Corpus Christi here
Old 03-21-06, 10:08 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Whats goin on bro, by the sounds of your sig, you have a badass SC300 man. What kind of minor exhaust work do you have, mines pretty minor too...hehe
Old 03-22-06, 09:42 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Whats goin on bro, by the sounds of your sig, you have a badass SC300 man. What kind of minor exhaust work do you have, mines pretty minor too...hehe

Actually it is pretty minor stuff to the exhaust. I wanted a G35 or 350Z type sound. I just had both resinators removed, I had a high flow cat installed, and 4.5" round/angle cut tips put on and refinished the mufflers. Actually my car has almost has the same power of 1 Chuck Norris roundhouse kick!

Last edited by IronCobra; 03-22-06 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-26-06, 07:35 AM
Caius
Pole Position

Ok, so I actually took time to look outside the 1st gen forum and now here I am. I'm up in Austin...around Parmer and 620 (for those that know Austin...lol).
Old 03-26-06, 01:13 PM
Osiris_x11
Driver

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Caius
Ok, so I actually took time to look outside the 1st gen forum and now here I am. I'm up in Austin...around Parmer and 620 (for those that know Austin...lol).
Small world, I'm around Parmer & 620 too... Right around Avery Ranch - Oakbrook. Usually in a black NSX leaving my signature at the stop-signs, then obeying the speed-limit! Occasionally in a gold/grey 2nd gen. ES300 w/ jack'd up hood & spaceship sounds from unknown areas or metallic-green/grey, tinted '97 Rodeo 4x4 that sounds like a vacuum-cleaner...

Did you [Caius] get your white GS300 recently? A friend fwd'd a TRS thread to me about someone who got a 1st gen. GS300 that had some nice stuf on it & I recall it was real clean/classy.

Anyways, I noticed you mentioned in the other TX thread about some Supra guys. I know some of them from Boostlogic (Keen's a good friend), even a few SC300 guys w/ built-up monsters . Though, I haven't done the Van's/YMCA/Home-Depot gatherings in over a year, so I'm not sure who's around and who isn't now. I need to check-out the north Home Depot gatherings on Sat' nites near Cedar Park, I hear lot's of interesting stuff to see.

IronCobra, I think a clean, newer SC300 might be in the cards for me in the future. I saw a light-metallic blue one the other evening... my jaw just dropped! Still looks timeless, I just hope clean-specimens exist out there. I'm already planning what I want to do to it (mostly subtle cosmetic stuff & bolt-ons)!

Last edited by Osiris_x11; 03-26-06 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-26-06, 01:26 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Actually it is pretty minor stuff to the exhaust. I wanted a G35 or 350Z type sound. I just had both resinators removed, I had a high flow cat installed, and 4.5" round/angle cut tips put on and refinished the mufflers. Actually my car has almost has the same power of 1 Chuck Norris roundhouse kick!

Must be a pretty powerful car then, haha. Those are some mean looking rims, what size lip do you have on the front and rear?
Old 03-26-06, 04:45 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Must be a pretty powerful car then, haha. Those are some mean looking rims, what size lip do you have on the front and rear?
1.5" lip on the front and 4.5" lip on the rear... an actually I lied, my car isn't anywhere near the power of a Norris roundhouse... that's impossible even for the space shuttle... it's fact!
Old 03-26-06, 08:47 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im in houston.. sw side

Quick Reply: Wheres all the Texas people?