Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Texas IS owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-06 | 10:14 AM
MattIS
Rookie

Default Texas IS owners

Hey Texas IS owners. From my last thread a lot of yall were talking about having a meet. That sounded like a really good idea to me and I was wondering who else would like to meet up sometime. I live in Houston so maybe we could have something there? We would work out a time and such but yea whoes interested???
Old 04-23-06 | 10:31 AM
blkIS350
Driver

You beat me to the punch as I was going to start the same thing later tonight. I think we should change this to a poll and see who is interested and where they are all located and then we can decide on a place for the meet. I would be interested. I know there is already an Dallas Lexus Club that meets frequently in the Dallas area.

I may have a hard time if it is in Houston because I travel 3-5 days during the week usually and it is hard for me to get away on the weekends.
Old 04-23-06 | 03:03 PM
pkvir
Driver

I would be interested in meeting with other IS owners. I live in the Dallas area.
Old 04-24-06 | 06:12 PM
Brad Bedel
Driver School Candidate

I snagged this off of the is300.net board:

I expect to be there with my V8 IS300 Sportcross.

-Brad

Originally Posted by nbvolks
Hello, I'm helping to organize a Toyota meet in Addison saturday the 29th of April starting at 6pm, in Addison, next to Addison Circle park (specific directions are below). As any of you familiar with that area know, there are plenty of places to eat around there, but the main place to grab some food from nearest to the meet is Pastazio's Pizza ( http://www.addisontexas.net/where_to.../pastazios.asp ). You can grab a slice, or some pasta there, and eat it there, or bring it back over to the park (and they do serve beer and wine). There is also a Hooter's straight down Quorum about two blocks if you prefer that.

Toyota of Richardson has been kind enough to donate some things to be given away, such as TRD stickers, and some nice metal TRD license plate frames, which will be distributed via a raffle, or to the winners of a show competition (which method we'll use will be determined shortly).

The weather should be great, with only scattered thunderstorms possible at this point, but weather forecasts change hour to hour, so it will probably be different by then.

When you arrive you will be shown where to park, and will be grouped with other IS models, just as MR2s will be grouped together, etc.

Map of the area...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...maplink2&name=

The cars will be parked on Festival Way.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and if you are interested in coming, please let me know, so I know roughly how many spaces to set aside for IS models.

-Nathan
Old 04-25-06 | 06:55 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

All you IS owners. Why not just hook up with us GS owners? We are trying to pull together a meet for May 13 somewhere in the Dallas area. Take a look at the post I created about a Dallas area meet. We would like to have all Lexus owners there. GS, IS, LS, RX, LX, GX, XX we don't descriminate.
Old 04-29-06 | 11:32 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

ive been meeting up both houston and dallas is300s lately. im currently in dallas for another 2 weeks. will be checking out that one meet posted above today.