Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Good paint/body shop in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-06, 10:44 PM
gs4304u
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good paint/body shop in Houston

I'm looking to have my front bumper and hood repaint because they are full of rock chips. Anyone know of a good paint/body shop in the Houston area?

Thanks
Old 06-17-06, 08:35 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

What color is your car, and how much do you want to spend?
Old 06-19-06, 10:20 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

If you wanna be the boss, gotta pay the cost. Go to JC autobody. they do the best work out here

Old 06-20-06, 10:54 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

jcautobody is known for their paint jobs but ppl are giving them way to much credit for it... u pay an arm and a leg for a paint job but that doesnt mean its the best or even worth it.

link to my thread has pix of my car...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195450

i paid 450 total for all my work...
Old 06-21-06, 11:09 AM
gs4304u
Rookie

My car is Millenium Silver. I'm not looking for a Maaco special.

Joshoowa,

I think the shop did a good job on your car. Can I ask where did you go?

Thanks
Old 06-21-06, 04:40 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joshoowa
jcautobody is known for their paint jobs but ppl are giving them way to much credit for it... u pay an arm and a leg for a paint job but that doesnt mean its the best or even worth it.

link to my thread has pix of my car...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195450

i paid 450 total for all my work...
Total cost for repaires and install $450
Depreciation value for your car being different colors?? That may cost you more to fix if you decide to get more work done in the future? Dosent make sense-

More than likely the only thing that was done to the hood was a spot repair just like the rear. So the hood was not entirely refinished - because you get what you pay for!

gs4304u,
Before you give them auhorization to start the repair go check out there work, example: the most complicated colors to paint are silver (all types), blk, reds, yellows. Ask if they've recently painted one that is on the lot. Check for mismatch colors and overspray.

FYI, the average price to pay if your getting work done is between $350-$450 per panel dosen't matter what type of repair it is.

If you still would like some recommendations send me a pm.

Last edited by LayinLo; 06-21-06 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-21-06, 05:03 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Joshoowa,

In stead of accepting the discount, you should have made them get the job done right, your paying for it. Now, if you were to go and express to them that your unhappy with the paint they are not obligated to fix those mistakes. If you look at that pic on the sig. directly in between the bumper grille and the lower part of the TTE lip you can clearly see that the lower part is more white and the upper half is more yellowish.

I don't mean to pick on your car man, but I cant stand crooked shops lookin for easy money. Though I can understand that in this business if your not familiar with paint and body how easily you can get ripped off.
Old 06-24-06, 06:56 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

must be the pix but the only color that was off was the bumper to quarter panel...

edit: oh and im not bashing on jc autobody or anything im just saying that there are shops that can do same work for less. the shop i went to was refered to me by a friend of mine whos car team get their paint work done their.

edit 2: if anyone looking into getting a car repainted and want to see my car's paint job feel free to come check it out.

Last edited by joshoowa; 06-24-06 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-07-07, 11:43 AM
gs4304u
Rookie

Well, I got the lip installed at JC and a year later it fell off. Luckily, I saw it just in time and got the lip off in one piece. Now I'm debating whether I should go back to JC and ask them to reinstall it or try another shop. It's just a lip and they couldn't do it right the first time.
Old 08-07-07, 06:49 PM
Kuroikaze
Pole Position

You can try SABS as well.
Old 08-09-07, 02:31 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gs4304u
Well, I got the lip installed at JC and a year later it fell off. Luckily, I saw it just in time and got the lip off in one piece. Now I'm debating whether I should go back to JC and ask them to reinstall it or try another shop. It's just a lip and they couldn't do it right the first time.
i could see the blame if it fell off maybe a week or month later.. but anything couldve happened within a year
Old 08-09-07, 06:34 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

if you were in austin id know of a terrific shop
Old 08-09-07, 07:12 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LiLS
if you were in austin id know of a terrific shop
Amen to that. I know a teriffic shop in Austin too
JPI
Old 08-10-07, 10:39 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gs4304u
they couldnt do the work right? Have you been eating retard sandwiches? Stop with your lame attempt to bash JC Autobody. If the lip would have fallen off within a week or two I would give you some credit, but a YEAR later. Nga, that is a **** load of time. Lots of things can happen in a year. Whats to say that you didnt hit something first before the lip came off? Maybe you bottomed out somewhere which caused the lip to come loose and then fall off overtime?
Old 08-10-07, 06:50 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1 year to fall off...like everyone said, is a long time to try to blame a shop. Joshoowa, the correct way to make the colors match is to blend, which cost more $ because the whole panel needs to be cleared. You get what you pay for in paint. If there's one thing I learned when building cars either for fun or for show is NEVER SKIMP OUT ON PAINT...

Quick Reply: Good paint/body shop in Houston