Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Any Lexus shops in the Phoenix area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 02:29 PM
ugadogg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Lexus shops in the Phoenix area?

Hello all...

I just moved to Phoenix from Orange County and was wondering if there are any shops that specialize in Lexus vehicles in the area? I usually take my SC to Todd at TM Engineering in Cali, but that's a bit of a drive now. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

-UGADOGG
Old 10-22-06, 11:54 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Hmmm...well I don't beleive there is any shops that specialize in Lexus performance. Well not any shops that will even compare to TM Engineering. There are many performance shops though.

Intense Motorsports (they can help you out on alot of engine work if your looking to do 2jzgte swap or na-t kit), VividRacing, DynoComp (they specialize in subarus but they can dyno tune pretty much any car). There are many more, you just have to search around for them.
Old 10-23-06, 06:08 AM
Kaiser
Racer

There was a guy on this forum that was a Toyota tech for many years that did good work on the side. Not sure what happened to him.
Old 10-24-06, 09:30 AM
ALT3ZZA
Driver School Candidate

I suggest intense motorsports and vividracing...If you dont wana pay alot of money, go to tokyo speed pros..they are DIRT CHEAP. dynocomp is awesome but ur gonna pay alot of money there.
Old 10-24-06, 05:58 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest Wide Open Throttle(*********) in Chandler Ryan Woon is supra god for tuning, motor, etc. He has built some of the nicest cleanest cars I have seen. Another if your looking into more customization in audio or paint/body work or rims try Arizona Auto Werks(azwerks.com) I guarentee it is the cleanest/nicest shop youll ever walk into. I am now shunning tokyospeedpros after having them hold my car for 2.5 months for a new right rear tein coilover and their very poor customer service. I have heard good and bad about Intense and Vivid, Dynocomp is an amazing shop for tuning.
Heres a few more websites...
vividracing.com
intensepower.com
azweks.com
calientemotorsports.com
tokyospeedpros.com
dynocomp.com
Old 10-24-06, 06:43 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
I would suggest Wide Open Throttle(*********) in Chandler Ryan Woon is supra god for tuning, motor, etc. He has built some of the nicest cleanest cars I have seen. Another if your looking into more customization in audio or paint/body work or rims try Arizona Auto Werks(azwerks.com) I guarentee it is the cleanest/nicest shop youll ever walk into. I am now shunning tokyospeedpros after having them hold my car for 2.5 months for a new right rear tein coilover and their very poor customer service. I have heard good and bad about Intense and Vivid, Dynocomp is an amazing shop for tuning.
Heres a few more websites...
vividracing.com
intensepower.com
azweks.com
calientemotorsports.com
tokyospeedpros.com
dynocomp.com
How is their pricing for paint at Arizona Auto Werks? I got a 97 bumper and I need it painted.
Old 10-24-06, 06:51 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wildrice09
How is their pricing for paint at Arizona Auto Werks? I got a 97 bumper and I need it painted.
Wild, their prices are higher than everybody else seeing the service/quality you get. If you just got a front bumper to do or any other body parts talk to phil over at Innovative Auto Body(Innovative-autobody.com) on 7th and Dunlap extremely fair prices and he does some really good custom and factory paint work. He wetsanded one of my cars and has shaved my fenders hes just a good guy to know...
Old 10-24-06, 06:52 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Wild, their prices are higher than everybody else seeing the service/quality you get. If you just got a front bumper to do or any other body parts talk to phil over at Innovative Auto Body(Innovative-autobody.com) on 7th and Dunlap extremely fair prices and he does some really good custom and factory paint work. He wetsanded one of my cars and has shaved my fenders hes just a good guy to know...
oh ya whered you get your '97 bumper from??? i just picked up a new lex and want to do the conversion
Old 10-24-06, 07:04 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

oh ya whered you get your '97 bumper from??? i just picked up a new lex and want to do the conversion
I was going to get it from carson toyota but I decided to buy it used to save a little money. I got it from R&J Distributing. paid 300 for the bumper and the grill. Great condition. O..and also can I throw phil at innovative your name?
Old 10-25-06, 10:16 PM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Absolutely just tell him Travis with the 2 Black SC's told you about him....how much was carson toyota charging for the bumper I wanna get as fresh as possible on the body parts i have had bad experience with used body panels/parts. Where's R&J Distributing?AZ? how much did it run you?
Old 10-25-06, 10:31 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Absolutely just tell him Travis with the 2 Black SC's told you about him....how much was carson toyota charging for the bumper I wanna get as fresh as possible on the body parts i have had bad experience with used body panels/parts. Where's R&J Distributing?AZ? how much did it run you?
Carson toyo wanted 375 for the bumper and 85 for the grill plus 75 dollars shipping. So total for what I got would have been 535 unpainted. R&J Distributing is located in NY. It ran me 325 shipped to my door. The bumper is in great shape, I wasn't really too worried about it because it is an oem bumper. So its pretty strong.
Old 10-25-06, 11:35 PM
kos
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts

dyno-comp FTW. prices are kinda high but you get what you pay for. rich will take care of ya