Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

D/FW 2IS owners. You guys ever meet up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-06, 06:24 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default D/FW 2IS owners. You guys ever meet up?

I did a search for dallas and ft.worth, and didn't find anything. Just wondering.
Old 11-11-06, 07:09 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend you to go to the regional forum (southwest) and you will see that some do meet up but not often. I doubt you will find anything in 2IS section of the forum.
Old 11-11-06, 07:58 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

I'm up for a meet in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I live about 3 to 3.5 hour drive from there. I don't mind the drive since my mother-in-law lives in Sherman and i can always drop by her house.
Old 11-12-06, 10:19 AM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in garland and wouldn't mind a meet also
Old 11-12-06, 11:47 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

well hell should we try to plan something up? I would like to get a lot of members together just to check out what you guys/gals have done to your 2is and what not. I am in arlington, but work in dallas and wouldnt' mind meeting up like on a sat or sunday.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 11-13-06, 02:01 AM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Come on guys 4 so far. We don't mind if you bring your stock car. We need one meet at least before december since everyones always busy during that time of the year.
Old 11-13-06, 11:46 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Yes, and I want to hear what a tanabe exhaust sounds like in person. I want to purchase a new exhaust, but I don't want it all loud like those rice burners that sound like someone put a weedeater in a garbage can.

Lets see if we can get more then 4. Maybe do like a sunday meet up for lunch or something.

I am also going to start taking my IS to the 1/8th mile track in kennedale once I get past the breakin period. 10 bucks to race as much as you want, and it's a pretty decent track.
Old 11-13-06, 11:54 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been trying to pull together just a Lexus meet for November/December and am having trouble getting people to commit. I have an email list of about 25 DFW area Lexus owners. Several of them are 2IS owners. If you guys decide to do something, let me know and I will send it out to everyone on my list. It has been real tough getting people to commit to a date and location. Anyway, PM me your email address and name and I will add you to the list and then maybe we can get the whole DFW Lexus gang together .
Old 11-13-06, 12:35 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

As previously stated.. I'm down for a meet and will bring my '07
Old 11-13-06, 10:47 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TexasGS
I have been trying to pull together just a Lexus meet for November/December and am having trouble getting people to commit. I have an email list of about 25 DFW area Lexus owners. Several of them are 2IS owners. If you guys decide to do something, let me know and I will send it out to everyone on my list. It has been real tough getting people to commit to a date and location. Anyway, PM me your email address and name and I will add you to the list and then maybe we can get the whole DFW Lexus gang together .
What about dec 2nd? We could meet up dallas since that seems to be where most people live. I know there are some ft.worth people on here as well. I say dec 2nd would be pretty good. Might be a little cold, but fugget. Let me know what you think.

i'll pm you my info.
Old 11-14-06, 08:03 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm in for December 2nd... or any other day for that matter This would be a good "mini-meet" while we round up some potential sponsors and a schedule for a bigger meet later. TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW!!! (especially if they're female ) I'm new to Dallas, so does anybody have any ideas for a location?

Javier
Old 11-15-06, 09:42 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

I was thinking about by grapevine mills mall. There are lots of places to eat/drink/park around there, and some pretty cool twisty style roads also. It's just north of park place lexus if you want a general idea of location.
Old 11-18-06, 10:15 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Let's do it!!! December 2nd @ Grapevine Hills Mall ok with everyone? Who's gonna show?

1. Javier
Old 11-20-06, 09:33 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Obviously I'll do it, but doesn't look like any others are that interested. I'll meet up on the 2nd. I see that 07txlex is down and pretty sure that TexasGS is also. He has a nice mail list also. We should have him send out a teaser to see who wants to commit to the 2nd.

I am pretty sure that if I don't go out of town this week i will be taking my new ride out to the 1/8th mile track in Kennedale on friday night.. You should bring your ride out there.
Old 11-20-06, 11:41 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should be able to attend December 2. I will send out a mass email to everyone to find out who is interested .

Quick Reply: D/FW 2IS owners. You guys ever meet up?