Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Texas Raceway 1/8th mile track This friday night (dfw)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-06, 12:55 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Texas Raceway 1/8th mile track This friday night (dfw)

Come out people. I'll be there in the smokey granite IS running 8.7's..hehe
Old 11-27-06, 02:11 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to get ahold of you and Javylsu on sunday to see if ya'll were still going out there, hell I almost went out just on the chance but I decided not to. So on Friday I'm down what time same price etc etc?
Old 11-27-06, 02:51 PM
cajunboy
Driver

what time and where is it located? I don't want to run my car just wanted to watch.
Old 11-27-06, 03:08 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cajunboy
what time and where is it located? I don't want to run my car just wanted to watch.
Um I'm not sure of the time, I'm still trying to get combfilter to write back. The track is in kennedale, basically between Fort Worth and Arlington, off of 20 and 287 sort of
Old 11-27-06, 11:15 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

YOu guys should have totally come out on sunday. It was so nice out and our IS's were basically the fastest cars out there.

This friday it's 15.00 instead of 10.00 like on sundays. It's between 6-10. I wont be able to make it till around 8. It's going to be cold as **** too so bring some warm *** clothes. Sundays are usually the better day to go, but this sunday I am going to six flags. Friday nights get crazy with all the gangsters and that type betting. It's funny as hell. Lots of motorcycles too, but I think the cold weather is going to keep a lot of people away. Also, it will help our cars run faster. I will call the track tomorrow and make sure street cars are cool on this fun&Grudge thingy. I am 99% sure it is.

Here's a link to the site.

http://www.texasraceway.com/main.asp...nngrudge/index

Ha, I am even going to let my girlfriend race my IS. Don't let her beat you guys cuz she can drive.

If you guys come out I can walk you thru the steps to race. It's easy man.
Old 11-27-06, 11:18 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cajunboy
There is no reason not to run your car. It's the same price always regardless if you want to race or not, so you might as well race. It's totally fun, and people don't mess with you or anything. I am going to try to post some video from this last sunday, if I can find a good app that will make my avi files under 100mb for youtube
Old 11-28-06, 10:44 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Yea man I haven't ever run a car at the track but it seems mostly self explainatory.. I'm sure pointers would help tho, I don't wanna go out there and it be all blown and badass cars and ours be the slowest ones, that'd suck lol.. Anyways I most likely will come out seeing how it's 10 mins away so no big deal
Old 11-28-06, 12:14 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
Yea man I haven't ever run a car at the track but it seems mostly self explainatory.. I'm sure pointers would help tho, I don't wanna go out there and it be all blown and badass cars and ours be the slowest ones, that'd suck lol.. Anyways I most likely will come out seeing how it's 10 mins away so no big deal
yea i live in arlington so it's real close to me also. 10min maybe. OH dude, there are cars that run in the 6's out there, but they come in on trailers. Even the stuff that looks crazy fast usually isn't. 8's out there is totally good, and people wont talk **** about that. Your car will run in the 8's for sure. 9 is even good. Trust me we are faster then stock mustangs and you see a ton of those out there. You even see people in stock corollas out there. You can race whatever you want. Don't be worried.
Old 11-29-06, 01:36 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by combfilter
yea i live in arlington so it's real close to me also. 10min maybe. OH dude, there are cars that run in the 6's out there, but they come in on trailers. Even the stuff that looks crazy fast usually isn't. 8's out there is totally good, and people wont talk **** about that. Your car will run in the 8's for sure. 9 is even good. Trust me we are faster then stock mustangs and you see a ton of those out there. You even see people in stock corollas out there. You can race whatever you want. Don't be worried.
Alright man, you talked me into it.. I'm coming assuming this weather about to come in doesn't create a problem. We gotta figure out a meeting location or way of finding each other so to speak.. Is Javier coming too?
Old 11-30-06, 11:33 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Hey, I have to go to austin this friday for work, and also the weather is ****. If i don't go to six flags on sunday then I will go to the races. Check back here on sat, to see. You can also PM me.

As far as meeting up out there, it's not that big. We will be the only IS"s out there too. Everything else is either a mustang, or camero..

Javier, lives on the far side of dallas so not sure if he will come out.

anyways if i go this weekend it will be on sunday. Friday nights are fun though in good weather.
Old 11-30-06, 02:56 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Haha, Javier probably won't be coming, considering the road will probably be frozen over...

Javier
Old 11-30-06, 02:58 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

As far as meeting up out there, it's not that big. We will be the only IS"s out there too. Everything else is either a mustang, or camero...
Oh, and get ready for the announcer guy to call your car a "Honda." When combfilter and I were staging for our runs, the anouncer repeatedly referred to our cars as "the Hondas." I guess he had never seen anybody run Lexus' before

Javier
Old 12-02-06, 01:56 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Man the weather is just right out today and tomorrow. If you decide to go on sunday lemme know and I'll meet ya'll
Old 12-03-06, 07:20 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

next sunday is the last day till next year the track is open. I'll be out there for sure. 10. bucks and you have all info.

I'll PM you my cell number. If anyone else wants to meet up just write in here or PM and I'll get back with you.
Old 12-04-06, 02:38 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

next sunday is the last day till next year the track is open. I'll be out there for sure. 10. bucks and you have all info.

I'll PM you my cell number. If anyone else wants to meet up just write in here or PM and I'll get back with you.
Alright man cool cool, I excited to go lol, wanna be able to run it without fear of the popo haha

Quick Reply: Texas Raceway 1/8th mile track This friday night (dfw)