Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

AZ - Photo shoot anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-07, 08:46 PM
csq860
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts about maybe combining the photo shoot with the car show outing scheduled for the 14th? Two birds with one stone sorta.
Old 01-08-07, 08:23 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good idea. it doesn't look like there's a lot of interest in the AZHT.NET car even though. or - maybe nobody else knows about it??

hope this is ok to post another forum's event on here but since it's a local thing i don't think the mods will mind.

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15689
Old 01-09-07, 03:04 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Hey all,

I can do late (post 5pm) on Saturday the 13th or anytime on the 14th. I would also like to do something when Glen is in town for Barret-Jackson.

And on that note, I posted something in that thread too.

What does everyone think?
Old 01-09-07, 04:26 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

CSQ - can you come out for both events? Bring the kids! It'll be fun. If Zach is going out of town for the barrett jackson weekend, we should have our photoshoot this coming weekend.
Old 01-09-07, 04:40 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR
Hey all,

I can do late (post 5pm) on Saturday the 13th or anytime on the 14th. I would also like to do something when Glen is in town for Barret-Jackson.

And on that note, I posted something in that thread too.

What does everyone think?
Since you are out next week, def do the photo shoot this weekend. I don't have my car anyway.

Hopefully we can get together for dinner on the 20th or brunch on the 21st.

Cliffud, will you be attending the auction? Please hit me up on PM for your contact info.
Old 01-10-07, 06:31 AM
Kaiser
Racer

Won't be much of any picture taking post 5pm.
Old 01-10-07, 07:12 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

I think we could probably meet earlier- say 1 or 2pm, grab a bite to eat, chat, get to know each other more, and snap some photos of the cars while they're just hanging out.

location wise, 2 places pop into mind:

1) Bostons on University drive. They have a pretty big parking lot and there are several choices for food around there. Bostons is kinda like a nice Chile's and there is a baha fresh and a thai place across the street. For photos - there are little nooks in Tempe where we could go for various backdrops. We could do the industrial backdrop, the mill avenue backdrop, snap photos along the rio solado parkway near the tempe beach park. That's right Glen- WE HAVE A BEACH PARK IN ARIZONA!! I think Tempe has a lot to offer since there are so many diff backdrops in such a focused area. We could even pop over to the airport to do some rolling photos to recreate the "tunnel" feel while zipping by the terminals. haha - not the actual drop off and pick up areas, but on the outer rings of traffic. believe me - this would look cool. i don't really want to think about whether or not we'd get in trouble though.

2) The Biltmore plaza on 24th street and Camelback. This location has everything- decent parking, food, and it's close to the Biltmore estates where we can take some cool photos. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Biltmore estates - think posh houses with lush yards. The good part about this location is that it's also close to the i-10 tunnel where we can take car-to-car shots through the tunnel.

For photos - I'd REALLY like to get some rolling shots. It's something that can only be done when you have several people. For stills, you can pretty much take those pics whenever/wherever.
Old 01-10-07, 09:55 AM
csq860
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cliffud
CSQ - can you come out for both events? Bring the kids! It'll be fun. If Zach is going out of town for the barrett jackson weekend, we should have our photoshoot this coming weekend.
Hey Cliffud, sunday I'm pretty sure I can do, saturday is a little more iffy but I think I can make that too. It all sounds like great fun.
Old 01-10-07, 10:07 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At this point, count me in. I'm getting registered this week.

Steve

Last edited by shern; 01-11-07 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-10-07, 11:36 AM
Kaiser
Racer

Other places to meet:

In and Out at Desert Ridge. It backs up to an Albertson's parking lot so plenty of room.

Pavillions. Starts at 3pm last I heard.
Old 01-11-07, 11:07 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Alright, we've got several locations and times suggested.

I read all the posts on who can attend and on which day. Sunday seems to be the winner. Weather.com says Saturday will be partly cloudy and Sunday will be sunny too. Since I'd like to give everyone a heads up on scheduling, this is what I propose:

Day: Sunday
Time: 3pm
Venue: Bostons/Baha Fresh on University Drive.

I think Tempe is best since it offers a wide variety of backdrops. At 3pm, we should be able eat, talk shop for a bit, and then take photos before the sun starts going down at 5pm. Also, after considering the light conditions throughout the day, it would probably be best to take photos more towards the evening.

The AZHT.net event starts at noon and is also in Tempe so people who are interested in both will have a 3 hour window prior to our mini-meet.

If this sounds like a good idea - let's all plan for it. I will scout out in detail 5-6 locations around the Tempe area and offer them up later today.

Clifford
Old 01-11-07, 12:17 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Well, I won't be able to make it. The rim damage I have is beyond repair. FACK!!!!!!!! Anybody got some 19s available?

Steve
Old 01-11-07, 12:36 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shern
Well, I won't be able to make it. The rim damage I have is beyond repair. FACK!!!!!!!! Anybody got some 19s available?

Steve
Post a pic of the rim damage.

My local shop does miracles.

There is almost NO rim that they cannot repair.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=bent+rims

You probably won't get it back in time, but ya never know.

Here's what they did for me.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=bullet

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-11-07 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-11-07, 01:21 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I can't stop laughing. That first rim looks like it melted! The second one looks like somebody bit a chunk out of it!

Mine is cake compared to those. I guess I'll be sending it to them! Tim was great on the phone.

Steve
Old 01-11-07, 01:44 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Steve - come out with the spare... we'll just photoshop the wheels later.

Quick Reply: AZ - Photo shoot anyone?