Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

AZ - Photo shoot anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-07, 02:46 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fyi all- we're at bostons right now- come on down!
Old 01-14-07, 09:38 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All -

Good times today. I'm going to start a new thread with some of the photos. PM me if you want the untouched high res versions.

Thanks.
Old 01-17-07, 12:22 PM
cptnron
Rookie

Default photo shoot

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie with a newly acquired 99gs400 and would like to meet some other CL members. Did you meet on the 13th and I missed it or are there going to be more options? It's a little crazy with Barrett Jackson in town. I'll be there working the Bondurant booth on Saturday if anyone is at the event.

Since I work at the Bondurant Racing School, it might make a cool backdrop.

Let me know,

Ron
Old 01-17-07, 12:48 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome Ron. Some of us will be going to the barrett jackson show so I hope to see you. Maybe the Bondurant Racing School would like to host an event perhaps?? If we don't have enough local lexus interest, we can always open it up to the supra guys too.
Old 01-17-07, 01:11 PM
cptnron
Rookie

Default photo shoot

Cliff, thanks man. i'm really stoked about my find. After a buddy turned me onto the GS scene, it took me a year to find the "right" one.

We are crazy busy all the time at the Bondurant School but espeically so in the spring so it is hard to find some "open" time available. It is very spendy so all the big cash customers get first dibs on real estate.

i'd really like to grab a beer and hang out to visit with you a little bit so we can hammer out some of these ideas.
Old 01-17-07, 02:18 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Hey Ron!

Feel free to join us for dinner on Saturday night. I know you're busy with Barrett so if that doesn't work than another time perhaps. Welcome to the club and post some pictures!

Zach
Old 01-17-07, 03:37 PM
cptnron
Rookie

Thanks Zach!

How do I post a pic? I tried to copy and paste but that didn't work.

I can send you a mental picture: I've got an Alpine Silver with crazy dark tint, eibachs and bilsteins, blitz nur exhaust full system, and some deep dish 18"OZ wheels with 275/35/18 in back, spoiler, no nav, nakimichi, and my plate says "THECAPT" because my buddies call me the captain.

My next effort is to hardwire a radar dectecter/jammer into this thing.

Where can I find a CL decal?
Old 01-18-07, 02:11 AM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cptnron
Thanks Zach!

I can send you a mental picture: I've got an Alpine Silver with crazy dark tint, eibachs and bilsteins, blitz nur exhaust full system, and some deep dish 18"OZ wheels with 275/35/18 in back, spoiler, no nav, nakimichi, and my plate says "THECAPT" because my buddies call me the captain.

My next effort is to hardwire a radar dectecter/jammer into this thing.

Where can I find a CL decal?
lol...thats the coolest post i seen in a while..mental pic.. i got a decal for you..
Old 01-18-07, 05:48 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Zach!

The easiest way is to add an attachment, but that limits you to 1 picture per post. The best way is to use a photo hosting site and adding the link into the post.

If you'd like, I can host them for you. Just email them to stephenherndon@yahoo.com. Later

Steve
Old 01-18-07, 08:43 AM
cptnron
Rookie

Steve-O,

I just zipped them up and e-mailed them to you...I hope not too big.

NorCal, I'll send you my address...thanks!
Old 01-18-07, 01:12 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shern
The easiest way is to add an attachment, but that limits you to 1 picture per post. The best way is to use a photo hosting site and adding the link into the post.

If you'd like, I can host them for you. Just email them to stephenherndon@yahoo.com. Later

Steve
your soo sweet .. haha j/k
Old 01-18-07, 02:07 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I can't stop laughing. That first rim looks like it melted! The second one looks like somebody bit a chunk out of it!

Mine is cake compared to those. I guess I'll be sending it to them! Tim was great on the phone.

Steve
Steve,
saw your rim today at Wheel Tech. It appears someone tried to repair this rim already??

The work performed so far has almost ruined the wheel from being repairable.

The surgery involved to fix it will be extensive. I spoke directly to the repair tech and he said that he would attempt to repair it, but that all the previous banging on the rim has made the repair worse. It will be difficult to make the rim cosmetically perfect, but technically it is repairable.

I'm flying into AZ tonight so I won't be available online much longer.

Check with Cliffud & 4Grainr if you want to meet up with us on Saturday or Sunday and we can discuss it further.
Old 01-18-07, 03:04 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Steve,
saw your rim today at Wheel Tech. It appears someone tried to repair this rim already??

The work performed so far has almost ruined the wheel from being repairable.

The surgery involved to fix it will be extensive. I spoke directly to the repair tech and he said that he would attempt to repair it, but that all the previous banging on the rim has made the repair worse. It will be difficult to make the rim cosmetically perfect, but technically it is repairable.
Glen

I can't think you enough for dropping by and taking a look. Tim said after some further diagnosis, that the rim could be fixed. He also mentioned his polisher was so good, they could clean it up pretty darn good. It cost more money, but that's okay. Still much cheaper than a new 3 piece Blitz wheel. Should be done mid next week.

I may be catching up with you guys depending on the timing of my trip up to the Pavilions. It's gonna be crazy up there with BJ in town.

Thanks again.

Steve
Old 01-18-07, 05:11 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glen

I can't think you enough for dropping by and taking a look. Tim said after some further diagnosis, that the rim could be fixed. He also mentioned his polisher was so good, they could clean it up pretty darn good. It cost more money, but that's okay. Still much cheaper than a new 3 piece Blitz wheel. Should be done mid next week.

I may be catching up with you guys depending on the timing of my trip up to the Pavilions. It's gonna be crazy up there with BJ in town.

Thanks again.

Steve
No Prob,
my visit agenda is up to Cliffud and 4grainr. Find them and you'll find me.

I'm off to the airport now.

OUT
Old 01-18-07, 06:41 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cptnron
Steve-O,

I just zipped them up and e-mailed them to you...I hope not too big.

NorCal, I'll send you my address...thanks!
Here you go Cap'm. -

Steve

Quick Reply: AZ - Photo shoot anyone?