Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Clear Bra in Az

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-07, 08:02 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Clear Bra in Az

Hi everyone,

Getting another car (92 SC300, 19,000 miles) Need to have a clear bra put on. I usually do it with Aero Tech in So Cal, but don't want to drive it there to get it put on.

Anyone in the Phoenix area you'd recommend??

Steve
Old 01-06-07, 09:48 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Cody Pfannkuch. He does all of the clear bra installations at Superstition Springs Lexus and Toyota as a full time job. I plan to have my SC done here shortly. He is the 3M recommended certified installer in the East Valley. I talked to him. Nice guy and will do "personal" work on the weekends for an oustanding price!

Lexus - Certified Installer
Phone: 480-459-0168
Certified Installer(s): Cody Pfannkuch
Mesa, AZ 85206

Dayum, 15K miles! That's crazy.

Live in Maricopa, work in Chandler. We'll have to catch up sometime.

Steve
Old 01-06-07, 09:55 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Artisan Armor Coat in Gilbert. They are a certified 3M clear bra installer. They can extend the clear bra coverage to your headlights, fogs, door handle wells, door edges, etc. for a little more. They also do window tint. They did my exended clear bra and tint for a reasonable price and both look pretty good. The website is http://artisanarmorcoat.com/

If you check around other places, make sure you ask what specific areas they will clear bra on your car. Some places will only offer the standard front mask kit coverage, and may consider your side mirrors as extra/not included, for example.
Old 01-06-07, 02:17 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

I called Artisan. He said he wouldn't do the SC300 because it was "too old." I told him to **** off!

Steve
Old 01-06-07, 04:07 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

haha... really?! Well business must be good if you're able to turn away everything but newer cars. I've heard of the guy you mentioned, and that he was good. Superstition Lexus wanted $799 to clear bra my IS350 and $789 for nav friendly tint (much higher than the other dealers/everywhere else). For those prices he better be the best.
Old 01-06-07, 04:25 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

You didn't hear it from me, but Cody quoted me $400 for the entire front application: bumper, hood and mirrors.

Steve
Old 01-06-07, 04:35 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Default SC Bra

Well I guess I'll have to be giving him a call............

He can do my new GX when it arrives too
Old 01-06-07, 04:38 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Doesn't the dealer do it for you? Here in San Diego, I even seen Corollas get the bra for free as part of the deal. It is just some plastic film and and hour maybe two of labor.

Price wise I have seen everything from free to $800. Just amazing.
Old 01-06-07, 04:42 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

I got the coupe from a private party. It's being shipped to me here. Like I said, I don't really want to drive it naked (the car, not me) over to calif to get one put on, although Francisco does a fantastic job !
Old 01-06-07, 04:52 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Cody told me the normal going rate for Lexus and Toyota through the dealer is $800-$900. The quote I got was for a weekend personal job. The original appointment I had was on a Saturday at Superstition Springs Toyota so I guess the dealers don't mind him using the cutter/tools on the weekend for personal gain. They may be his too.

Let me know if you go through Cody. I'll be registering my SC shortly so I'll be getting mine done soon.

Steve
Old 01-06-07, 06:11 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

$400 is probably about the best deal you'll find anywhere. Artisan also charges $400, or $499 for the extended coverage deal like I got on my IS. From my experience, most valley Lexus dealers are charging $599-699 for clear bra. SS Lexus & Toyota are always higher and don't really compete well price-wise with other dealers.
Old 01-06-07, 11:09 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

these prices sound about right in line with what's being quoted for the scion kids in town. $400 isn't bad but it just sounds like a lot of money for a bunch of clear tape. jk. if i had a pristine front end, i'd get it too.
Old 01-07-07, 08:50 AM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cliffud
these prices sound about right in line with what's being quoted for the scion kids in town. $400 isn't bad but it just sounds like a lot of money for a bunch of clear tape. jk. if i had a pristine front end, i'd get it too.
I think AZ dealers can command more money because the sand blasted cars are so prevalent it is an easy sell.

Here in San Diego, you would be hard pressed to find a car with it installed.

A friend of mine had it installed on a black car. He drove back to AZ a few times and the whole bra needs to be replaced. The bra protected the paint, but the whole bra was pitted and looked bad.

Sounds like if you want to drive to AZ, rent a car. The sand storms are killer.
Old 01-07-07, 09:32 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sdbrandon
I think AZ dealers can command more money because the sand blasted cars are so prevalent it is an easy sell.

Here in San Diego, you would be hard pressed to find a car with it installed.

A friend of mine had it installed on a black car. He drove back to AZ a few times and the whole bra needs to be replaced. The bra protected the paint, but the whole bra was pitted and looked bad.

Sounds like if you want to drive to AZ, rent a car. The sand storms are killer.
I think clear bra is a must in AZ, especially if you do a fair amount of freeway driving. Sandstorms are not the problem. It's the rocks and other debris flying of the ever present dump trucks/contruction vehicles/etc. that play havoc with our front ends and windshields. Get behind a dump truck on the freeway and you're just asking for a nice dinger in the paint or a pretty little starburst in the windshield. Clear bra does a good job of protecting the paint but it's not impervious to damage either. Mine has a few dings and divots from rock strikes. It can also be stained by tree sap if the sap sits on it too long. I wonder how well they will weather over time and expect at some point it will need to be replaced. Too bad nobody makes a whole car coverage kit.
Old 01-23-07, 05:01 PM
newflamenc
Driver School Candidate

Scottsdale Lexus charges $695 on 2006GS300 and the product they use is Avery. I have never heard of this product before. Anybody has info on this product?

Quick Reply: Clear Bra in Az