Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Austin Hillside Rally May12th and 13th!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07, 07:50 AM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Austin Hillside Rally May12th and 13th!!

UPDATE!!!! Our Meeting spot on Saturday May 12th will be at this location called the Y. its called the Y because the road splits into a Y. Inbewteen this Y USED to be an Albertsons, but has recently closed down. This place is located in South-West Austin, Tx. To get to the Y, You take 35 to 290W....keep going down 290W till you reach a Y split. Staying on course will keep you on 290W, merging right will take you on 71....the parking lot is inbetween that Y split. your best bet is to stay on 290W during the Y-split because its easier to get into the parking lot that way. Meet us there at 11:00am, Saturday Morning.

note to people who have not been to the Y: when youre on 35 and take 290W heading to the Y...the road will initially be a Freeway-type of road and then turns into a typical stop-light street. once you are in that "stop light type of street" its about 1.5-2 miles to the Y.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Update: Hotel Information:
Im sorry for the late change ladies and gentlemen, But apparently alot of us are having an incredibly hard time accessing the Oak Inn phone number...I dont know if the hotel is down for repairs or what, but their current information is not showing up on the internet and even 411-Information couldnt give me much help.

SO...the new hotel information is as follows:

Red Roof Inn - Austin South
4701 SOUTH I-35
Austin, TX 78744

PHONE #: (512) 442-6626

here are also some directions go get there:
Driving Directions
TRAVELING ON I-35 SOUTH
EXIT AT STASSNEY LANE EXIT 230A AND U-TURN ONTO THE NORTH
BOUND I-35 ACCESS ROAD. THE RED ROOF WILL BE ON THE RIGHT

TRAVELING ON I-35 NORTH
EXIT AT WILLIAM CANNON DR EXIT 228/229 AND REMAIN ON THE
NORTHBOUND I-35 ACCESS ROAD. THE RED ROOF WILL BE
APPROXIMATELY 1 MILE AHEAD ON THE RIGHT

MAP: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&name=&dtype=s
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys remember that insane twisty action we encountered last november? You guys remember the insane amount of miles we drove in pure adrenaline?
We are now going to do this all over again...thats right, ladies and gentlemen, yet another Austin Hillside Rally is going to take place May12th and 13th.

As far as the details of the route are concerned, they are yet to be determined. They are yet to be determined because there is a whole freaking series of combinations we can put together and I want some of the finest locals (Trent, Lance, etc.) to help create the route.

HOWEVER, We will end up at Marble Falls and eat at the Chili's during the first day of the event. The second day Im feelin some famous Salt Lick BBQ action during the second and smaller cruise event.

Last Nov when we threw this awesome shindig, we had ALOT of cars stemming from all different kinds of manufacturers. T/A and GTO's to Supras and EVO's. It was intense, very amazing run and I had ALOT of fun and so did everyone else.

May12th and 13th are the dates that this will happen, You guys have a month to prepare yourselves, your cars and taking the time off. Make it happen and Ill see you there.

For those that have not Seen or heard of this event, or just plainly want to relive the awesomeness that happened last November, heres a Video Dominic aka hunglo put together. please enjoy and thank you very much to everyone for making this event fun EVERY TIME!.

Last edited by Johnny D; 05-01-07 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-10-07, 11:47 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

im definately down
Old 04-10-07, 01:30 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

AWESOME!!!!
Im glad its not on Cinco De Mayo, haha, Spidey 3, gotta go see it!
Count me in, as of right now.
Old 04-11-07, 10:40 AM
VIPLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Defenitely goin to take photos!
Old 04-24-07, 08:54 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Ladies and gentlemen, I made a few updates on the original post in regards to our initial meet up spot on Saturday and Hotel Information at the hotel of my choice. You guys can go to any hotel u want, but this is the one i choose for its location.
Old 05-01-07, 02:09 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Ive made some slight changes in the Hotel section of this meet...reasons why are because alot of us were having quite a difficult time in making contact with this hotel in order to reserve a room for the nights we are stayin there. I apologize for this inconvinience.

With the new hotel information is provided with an address, directions and a link to click for a map in order to get there. Go to the original post for the new details.
Old 05-01-07, 03:50 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

i want to show but the car will be in the bodyshop...but most likely ill wait...so hopefully my rims come in
Old 05-02-07, 12:18 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Hopefully I will still be able to make it. I will only go saturday though. I will have to head back to Houston Sunday for work on Monday
Oh well. Im sure it will be freakin awesome. Cant wait!
Old 05-03-07, 10:59 AM
Johnny D
Pole Position

I just noticed there wasnt any maps on here..let me add them.

Here are some maps that I posted for previous runs. We can leave the Y on Saturday at 12pm, and be at the Wendy's at 620 and Anderson Mill Rd. between 12:30 and 1pm to meet up with the North Crowd. From there we can cruise Lime Creek Road to Marble Falls and eat at Chilis. After we eat, head back to the Y or if some prefer, they can double back on Lime Creek Road and meet up at the Y later.

Sunday's route to come soon.

Saturday's Route

from the Oak Inn to the Y....Now remember, the hotel will be at the red roof inn which is located on 35S...so u just take 35S to 290W and take that ALLLL the way to the Y which is the point between 290W and 71.
Old 05-03-07, 12:51 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

i can make it sat 12th but may 13th is the dub car show in dallas
Old 05-03-07, 06:49 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

hey guys, thats perfectly fine with me. Saturday is more of the spirited cruise day anyway...Sunday is spent with a bit of laid back cruising and nursing the hangovers from saturday nights fun! (5th and 6th street, etc.)

As long as you guys make saturdays cruise, ill be one happy man
Old 05-03-07, 07:03 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

actually ill be there both days...but man these gas prices sure are killing me but i have to figure out what my speed is with my new 20s