Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

** Official SIN CITY MEET recap thread ** (merged recap threads)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-07, 09:58 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Vegas Meet - The Aftermath!!!

Alright guys - I know there is a picture thread already, but I wanted to make an actual thread with info from the meet...

Official picture thread here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=279357

Maybe someone can chime in with a list of attendees as well, as well as the results from the tire change competition...

I had a great time at the meet, extremely glad I went - even won a set of HID's from www.mobilehid.com by having the fastest tire change time. Lots of other great stuff was raffled off, and Ijust want to give a huge thanks to everyone that put the gathering on. Maybe next year I can contribute a better, bigger location.

It was also great meeting everyone that came, and I'm going to try and make it to other area meets...
Old 05-01-07, 10:57 PM
mog79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meets

haha at least you told everyone who won the tire change competition. the lug wrench was a blur! it would be cool if someone got a list of all the attendees 'cause it'll be hard to remember everyone. and i gotta get me one of those CL stickers!
Old 05-02-07, 08:56 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Default ** Official SIN CITY MEET recap thread ** (merged recap threads)

All I have to say is .... WOW! Sunday's meet was incredible and I was thrilled with the 40+ cars we had turn out.

!!PLEASE POST ALL POST MEET STUFF IN THIS THREAD!!

First of all, I have to give a lot of props to various people who drove all the way to Las Vegas for the Sin City Meet. We had people representing from LA, San Diego, San Jose, Phoenix and the local Vegas crew. It was greeting seeing some old friends and definitely cool making new ones!

We had a great turn out and a fun filled day of activities. The cars were looking hot, the food was great, the tire changing contest was a lot of laughs and of course we had some great raffle items to give away.

I also want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the sponsors that made this meet possible:

Todd @ TM ENGINEERING (www.tmengineering.net) for all the help organizing the event, the logistical support and of course the awesome raffle prizes (Daizen bushings, great Tein swag and more!)

Clark @ VIP AUTO SALON (www.vipautosalon.net) for helping with the lunch and donating VIP gift certificates, discounts on Lexus parts and of course ... Squash!

Cliffud @ MOBILEHID.COM (www.mobileHID.com) for sponsoring the event and donating the HID kits for the raffle.

Berning's Fine Jewelry (www.bernings.com) for sponsoring the event and giving me time at work to help put this thing to together.

I also want to give a lot of credit and thanks to the many people who helped put this meet together ... Glen, Todd, Ryan, Chris, Hameed, Travis, Clifford, Paris and the many other behind the scenes that put in the incredibly long hours and time with logistics, registration and making this happen.

Please post your photos in the CL gallery that Ryan has already set up:
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php?cat=4026

Check out the great photos that have already been updated!

Thank you again to everyone who attend and support the meet. See you next year in VEGAS!!!

Last edited by 4GRAINR; 05-02-07 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-02-07, 09:08 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Here are some great photos from the event that skribblez posted:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=279357

(56K - open the thread and take a nap!)

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-02-07 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fixed www link
Old 05-02-07, 11:36 AM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Great seeing you again Zach. Had a great time and nice to meet some new people. Rita and I will definitely be there next year again.

Tommy
Old 05-02-07, 11:41 AM
skribblez
Lead Lap

Yes, definitely I shall come again next year and take better photos for everyone. I hope that next time it shall be an indoor meet or maybe have some fans outside?
Old 05-02-07, 01:04 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Great to see some old faces..better to see many new ones. Didn't get to talk with everyone since it was so hot, but it was still fun to see some new peeps for a change. I'll have to do a better job next time of getting to know everyone.

Thanks to Glen, Ryan and Zach (are you less red yet?? Nice sunburn!! ) for organizing. Huge thanks to Todd for sponsoring and the delicious food!!! Also thanks to Cliffud with MobileHID even though he couldn't make it, and to Clark with VIP with that all too nice 3rd gen GS (love that paint job on the CF hood!)..the only one at the show. (Officially..one other one did cruise through later in the day on 'bags. He stopped, looked at all the cars, and then cruised off.. )

Looking forward to the next one..........
Old 05-02-07, 01:06 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by skribblez
Yes, definitely I shall come again next year and take better photos for everyone. I hope that next time it shall be an indoor meet or maybe have some fans outside?
Thanks for posting up all those great photos! I too am learning the fine art of taking good shots.

One of the things we're going to revisit for next year is the time of year we hold the meet. If we do it earlier in the year or in the fall the temperature would be perfect for an outdoor event.
Old 05-03-07, 10:05 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

That was a great meet!

I to would also like to thank the sponsors and organizers for this event. I had a blast from the time we left Socal, till we got back home. I would also like to thank the local members for being such generous host. Hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler next year.
Old 05-03-07, 11:33 AM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

im still recovering from this trip .. It was awesome meeting everyone and hanging out with all you jerks! ... hahah but no seriously it was soooo fun ... cant wait for next year
Old 05-03-07, 02:43 PM
skribblez
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
That was a great meet!

I to would also like to thank the sponsors and organizers for this event. I had a blast from the time we left Socal, till we got back home. I would also like to thank the local members for being such generous host. Hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler next year.
Lol, the whole time you were there you hiding under the shade!
Old 05-03-07, 02:47 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by skribblez
Lol, the whole time you were there you hiding under the shade!
No....I stood up a couple of times and walked to the restroom
Old 05-03-07, 03:27 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

HUGE thanks to the people who bought the popsicles that day. They were a big hit!
Old 05-03-07, 03:42 PM
skribblez
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR
HUGE thanks to the people who bought the popsicles that day. They were a big hit!
I didn't get any...
Old 05-03-07, 03:43 PM
skribblez
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
No....I stood up a couple of times and walked to the restroom
Like that one time we everybody got their car washed over at Lexus? Oh wait, you didn't get up and walk to the restroom, you drove across the street to use it!

Quick Reply: ** Official SIN CITY MEET recap thread ** (merged recap threads)