Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Dallas or Dublin Tx folks

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 11:12 AM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas or Dublin Tx folks

Ok so i might get bashed but oh well.

Let's start here, some say cola, some say pop etc etc .

Back in the day growing up in Ca we use to get Dr. Pepper in BOTTLES and when i say bottles i mean glass bottles. After some time the bottles went away slowly and went to cans and plastic more seen. Well my Father was a DR PEPPER addict but only in bottles so there went dr pepper for him. We were in Lake Tahoe one time where our summer house is and in the stores he saw it in bottles and bought it all at once and brought it down to San Jose.

Ok lets cut to it, On May 20th my father was in a very bad motorcycle accident and broke some bones and trashed his leg. They set the bones and advised they would look at his knee in a few days when the wound was less inflamed. So he goes into the DR and they admit him to the hospital and for 16 days they had him in a bed. Skin graphs, explore and clean, infections etc etc have kept him in bed. Only to be released yesterday and scheduled for another surgery in 4 more days.

What does this have to do with soda?

My father is not the lay down type, being in the hospital alone most of the time, under the knife and not knowing what will now happen with his pension, retirement, edd etc etc has caused much stress on him. So I had this idea THE PL can tell me if their stores still carry bottles of DR Pepper.

I was watching made in america on tv tonight and in Dublin TX they still make it in bottles, and i heard back east they still have it in bottles. I thought this would be a cool *** surprise for my pops and hope to raise his spirits a bit, the old man is a worry wart and really banged himself up good. Id love to surprise him with this.

So PL, does any store near you carry it in bottles?

Is anyone near Dublin TX, if so pm me, id be happy to buy some cases and pay for your efforts.

OK so i got some info, around dublin and dallas they do sell 12oz bottles of the DR, 6.99 for a 6 pack i think, not sure.

Also there is a store where I know they have it.

This was the message someone sent me.

You can still get Dr. Pepper in glass bottles pretty much anywhere in Texas.

Dublin Dr. Pepper is still made with the orignal recipie, with pure can sugar. Tastes a lot better. Also harder to find.

Dublin DP will have a "Pure Cane Sugar" stamp on the neck.

If anyone lives in Dallas, it's easily available at the Central Market on Lovers and Greenvile. Runs about $6.99 for a 6-pack.

I'd help you out but I am not in town for the next couple weeks.

thanks for the help
D