Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Texas Lexus Club?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-07, 10:50 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is great !!!

Thank you Justin for taking the time to make something like happen. Texas is a big state and we should have our own forum. Let me know if you need any further help Justin .
JPI
Old 06-30-07, 08:09 PM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally would not be opposed to a Texas Lexus Forum. I have heard that the membership here in Houston are somewhat scattered. I wouldn't mind trying to get everyone together 2 or 3 times a year. We ought to include Louisana since they are so close. I would say let's do it.

I have heard that folks in Dallas are looking for some type of leadership since Texas GS(Bill) sold his car to ME! Perhaps Jason at JPI can be the keeper of the "list"? Jason, I understand that you run a business full time and would be hard pressed to find the time, but I think it would be benefiticial in the long run. Just a suggestion.

I work at a local Lexus dealership here in Houston, so it would be hard for me to find the time to organize events, but I would be willing to try. Granted, it would take a concerted effort from all the members here in Houston.

Just thinking out loud.....

Homer
Old 07-01-07, 08:35 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPI
Thank you Justin for taking the time to make something like happen. Texas is a big state and we should have our own forum. Let me know if you need any further help Justin .
JPI
Thanks JPI!

Perhaps we need to get a org chart put together to try and manage such a club. What are the various rolls that people play in club management?

I think I am great at getting the word out. Perhaps I can be the Texas Lexus Club Event Coordinator.

JPI has tons of links to various vendors, parts, services, and is also located in the heart of Dallas. You could take on the roll of Club Sponsor, Event Manager, and Merchandise Coordinator.

LiLs can be and admin as he is always willing to travel and take part in events. This is huge as we would need localized support for club meets in Austin, San Antonio, Waco, and other central Texas locations.

JPI can help manage this is North Texas and I can take this roll on in South Texas.

Does anyone else want to step up to fill the "local branch" positions? If you are in San Antonio this is your chance since LiLs is in Austin and may prefer not to drive to San Antonio every time.
Old 07-01-07, 08:36 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by subparrnd
I totally would not be opposed to a Texas Lexus Forum. I have heard that the membership here in Houston are somewhat scattered. I wouldn't mind trying to get everyone together 2 or 3 times a year. We ought to include Louisana since they are so close. I would say let's do it.

I have heard that folks in Dallas are looking for some type of leadership since Texas GS(Bill) sold his car to ME! Perhaps Jason at JPI can be the keeper of the "list"? Jason, I understand that you run a business full time and would be hard pressed to find the time, but I think it would be benefiticial in the long run. Just a suggestion.

I work at a local Lexus dealership here in Houston, so it would be hard for me to find the time to organize events, but I would be willing to try. Granted, it would take a concerted effort from all the members here in Houston.

Just thinking out loud.....

Homer
Perhaps we can get you to fill the Houston "Event Coordinator" position?
Old 07-01-07, 09:10 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

I can help set up the events or organize some of the meet. I will try my best to what I can but running the shop, working on the cars, R&D the parts, work on the race car, meet with different vendors etc .... Does take most of time out of my busy schedule. Heck it's sunday and I'm out at the shop working . I would like to have a big texas meet. I mean BIG.... Thank you guys.
JPI
Old 07-01-07, 09:12 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Justin,
Let's do something BIG this summer. I will try to see if we can get a Magazine to come out and do some photo shoot. It's about time for us Texans to be on the map. HECK YEAH!!!
If you anyone have any inputs or would like to contact me. Feel free to give me a ring. I'm always at the shop .
JPI
Old 07-01-07, 04:23 PM
CsKWarEd
Driver

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Perhaps we can get you to fill the Houston "Event Coordinator" position?
I'm in Houston as well and I'd like to be apart of this process... I'm cool with working with subparrnd on this and getting things cracking in Houston.

Old 07-01-07, 09:01 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JPI
Justin,
Let's do something BIG this summer. I will try to see if we can get a Magazine to come out and do some photo shoot. It's about time for us Texans to be on the map. HECK YEAH!!!
If you anyone have any inputs or would like to contact me. Feel free to give me a ring. I'm always at the shop .
JPI
Any particular location you have in mind? Perhaps Austin? or you would prefer a hub like DFW or Houston?
Old 07-01-07, 09:04 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CsKWarEd
I'm in Houston as well and I'd like to be apart of this process... I'm cool with working with subparrnd on this and getting things cracking in Houston.

Sounds good to me. Any help would be appreciated. Our goals would be to have preset preferred locations for meets, contacts that can supply promotional equipment, sound and give-aways. Get with Subparnd and see if you two and coordinate.

There are several OG members in Houston also that I'm sure will chime in over the course for the next few weeks. Be sure to include them in on anything planned.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-07, 12:26 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Im down to rep austin.
Old 07-02-07, 04:23 PM
CsKWarEd
Driver

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Sounds good to me. Any help would be appreciated. Our goals would be to have preset preferred locations for meets, contacts that can supply promotional equipment, sound and give-aways. Get with Subparnd and see if you two and coordinate.

There are several OG members in Houston also that I'm sure will chime in over the course for the next few weeks. Be sure to include them in on anything planned.

Thanks!
Will do...

Old 07-06-07, 12:04 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

The meet in Austin will be a good chance to hammer things out and get our ducks in a row.
Old 07-06-07, 07:30 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we should have our own section simply because we are the only state that rhymes with lexus.
Old 07-06-07, 09:15 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HoeBag
we should have our own section simply because we are the only state that rhymes with lexus.

You can't argue with logic
Old 07-06-07, 09:58 AM
WALDIS350
Pole Position

im in....

Quick Reply: Texas Lexus Club?