Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

LET'S DO IT BIG....the next DFW MEET!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-07, 10:44 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPLexus
So I heard that there will be another big meet in Dallas on the same day.. Its one of the shops in Dallas that has a Dyno?.. Heard it from a bunch of Evo/STi owners here in Austin.. Just didnt catch the name of the shop.. But we will see.. As of now, I am still in for the meet!!!!!!!!!
Good the more the better.....Has anyone told Gernby about the meet?
Old 09-21-07, 10:35 PM
djentee
Pole Position

Just signed up today. I'll be coming out with my BONE stock GS.

-Ned
Old 09-22-07, 11:17 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok, I've decided not to do my complete GTE upgrade until after the meet. I'm not missing another damn meet because my car was still being worked on lol. I think a 400hp GS is good enough for this meet. The next meet, look for a 650hp+ GS
Old 09-24-07, 07:55 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Count Me in!

Originally Posted by junjdm
UPDATED!!! LOOK AT FIRST POST!!!
Count me in!! Chaser07(My 07' 350 + Wht 96' rt hand Soarer & Blue 01' Skyline R34 V-Spec)
Old 09-24-07, 02:23 PM
Seadee456
Driver

Just fyi, the AMC Theater sort of seperates two lots. If the lots are numbered according to their respecive entries, Lot #4 is north of the theater
Old 09-24-07, 02:57 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadee456
Just fyi, the AMC Theater sort of seperates two lots. If the lots are numbered according to their respecive entries, Lot #4 is north of the theater

Yup, its on the side of the store "Childrens Place" .....so just kind of keep an eye out around that area...and you won't miss us! Promise!
Old 09-24-07, 02:58 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Also do you guys think the cops or security will have a problem w/ us being out there? Opinions?
Old 09-24-07, 05:51 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by junjdm
Also do you guys think the cops or security will have a problem w/ us being out there? Opinions?
If you want I'll ask and let you know tomorrow.......I'll be in that area for work tomorrow so I'll stop by and ask the Grapevine Police because they patrol the lots.
Old 09-24-07, 06:24 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MoLexus
If you want I'll ask and let you know tomorrow.......I'll be in that area for work tomorrow so I'll stop by and ask the Grapevine Police because they patrol the lots.
yeah, do that and let us know
Old 09-25-07, 06:00 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Also, don't forget the police officers name, so he can vouch for you.
Old 09-25-07, 07:22 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Yes they will. Or they have in the past.

We had a Metroplex MINI meeting that met in the parking lot a while back and despite the large number of grown-ups and lack of gang-banger apparel, they shooed us outta there with a threat to call the authorities.

I even snapped a photo of the Offifcer Fife-wannabes ... let me see if I can find it....
Attached Thumbnails LET'S DO IT BIG....the next DFW MEET!!!!-dsc00913.jpg  
Old 09-25-07, 07:26 AM
CDY
Pole Position

There's a difference between the mall-cops and the actual Grapevine PD. If we can get the go-ahead from the PD then the mall-cops don't have any authority.
Old 09-25-07, 08:07 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think at the last meet we had about 30 cars and nobody screwed with us. There is a law about having an un-permitted gathering of a certain size; however, this shouldn't be a problem at that mall. There's a lot of room there and it's not like it's the day after thanksgiving and everyone is shopping. If they run you off, you can have a 2nd location either at a public park right there at lake grapevine (i think it's called rockledge) or at the southlake town square. Southlake cops are pretty much ballbusters based on my past experiences with them. who knows though.
Old 09-25-07, 02:56 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Well guys we need to find another place because apparently there is no soliciting..................What do you guys think of just hitting up Southlake?
Old 09-25-07, 03:00 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
I think at the last meet we had about 30 cars and nobody screwed with us. There is a law about having an un-permitted gathering of a certain size; however, this shouldn't be a problem at that mall. There's a lot of room there and it's not like it's the day after thanksgiving and everyone is shopping. If they run you off, you can have a 2nd location either at a public park right there at lake grapevine (i think it's called rockledge) or at the southlake town square. Southlake cops are pretty much ballbusters based on my past experiences with them. who knows though.
Yea we were next to the Embassy Suites at The Great Indoors/Outdoors with alot of cars and no one came and said a word. I say we should look into it again......

Quick Reply: LET'S DO IT BIG....the next DFW MEET!!!!