Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

AZ Dyno/BBQ meet 10/20

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07 | 08:49 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Alright guys...I guess I can't go. My car is making a real weird noise from the rear of the car and Lexus is saying that I need to get OEM lugnuts on my car before they will even take a look at the rear axle and differential. So, the tech is saying it is unsafe to drive with those lugnuts on because they are longer than the OEM lugs.

So, i'm going to have to take money out of my modding fund to buy some really expensive lugs from the dealer. Someone take pics and post them up for me to see. I'll meet everybody at the next meet.
Old 10-31-07 | 11:50 PM
csq860
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR
No manual tranny skills?

You can learn on Steve's car this weekend!
Heh, bet he'd love that! I know it's weird, but I'm originally from NYC where having a car is almost a liability, I didn't even learn to drive until I was 27 when I started working on Long Island and had to drive, somehow I just never had a chance to learn manual. Damn, I've never felt less manly!!
Old 10-31-07 | 11:54 PM
csq860
Pole Position

[QUOTE=wildrice09;3025720]Alright guys...I guess I can't go.

Why not come on out with the SC? You can always just enjoy some burgers and hang out for 5 bucks right?
Old 11-01-07 | 12:09 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wildrice09
So wait what time does this thing start and what time does it go till? I want to go but I definately don't want to go at 9:00am. I've been major swamped with school so I've been getting up at 5:30/6:00 am everyday.
Just curious, where do you go to school?

Originally Posted by csq860
Heh, bet he'd love that! I know it's weird, but I'm originally from NYC where having a car is almost a liability, I didn't even learn to drive until I was 27 when I started working on Long Island and had to drive, somehow I just never had a chance to learn manual. Damn, I've never felt less manly!!
Don't feel too bad, I don't know how to drive manual either. I know how to drive e-shift, is that good enough?
But yet, i'm young and I learned to drive in an ES300 and the GS was never offered with a manual transmission either, but I do want to learn eventually.
Old 11-01-07 | 10:15 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Hey guys, looking forward to the dyno/bbq event. My kid is coming too, he's 20 and pretty sure he wants an SC for his next car but he's never had a chance to check one out. I'm wondering if one of you SC owners would be willing to let him know the pros and cons of the SC and maybe even take him for a quick ride, I'd really appreciate it. Oh yeah it'd have to be an automatic, he doesn't drive a stick. Thanks, see y'all saturday, Chris.
Ya Chris, Ill be there with my SC mine and Steves(Sherns) ours are both stick however, Id be more than willing to give him a ride etc. There we'll be plenty of SC knowledge there between Steve, Chris(Kaiser), Wildrice09, and I as we all own/owned one at some time. Looking forward to this event. I'll be heading down there at around 9:45-10:00.

P.S. You and that boy need to learn stick. My father taught me how to drive stick before I even had my permit!

~Travis
Old 11-01-07 | 10:23 AM
Kaiser
Racer

Wildrice PM sent. I have a set of lugs in my garage. They are tuner lugs designed for wheels with smaller lug bores.
Old 11-01-07 | 10:27 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
P.S. You and that boy need to learn stick. My father taught me how to drive stick before I even had my permit!
My son is only 8 and he already hates dildomatics.
Old 11-01-07 | 10:27 AM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Why not come on out with the SC? You can always just enjoy some burgers and hang out for 5 bucks right?
My SC is at my parents house and my IS is in Tempe where I live for school. So right now I can't get down there to pick up my SC until I get the new lugs on.

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx
Just curious, where do you go to school?
I go to ASU. Go sundevils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-07 | 10:30 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shern
My son is only 8 and he already hates dildomatics.
JEAHH!!! You my boy Blue!!!
Old 11-01-07 | 12:49 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

My SC is at my parents house and my IS is in Tempe where I live for school. So right now I can't get down there to pick up my SC until I get the new lugs on.

I go to ASU. Go sundevils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me Too! 8-0!

I've seen a couple IS's and some 2GS's at school.
Old 11-01-07 | 12:50 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx
Me Too! 8-0!

I've seen a couple IS's there and some 2GS's at school.
Sweet man. We should definatly have a small meet sometime at ASU. Once I get my car rolling again.
Old 11-01-07 | 12:57 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Sweet man. We should definatly have a small meet sometime at ASU. Once I get my car rolling again.
Yea that'd be cool. That sucks about your IS. I hope you get it up and running soon.
Old 11-01-07 | 01:14 PM
Kaiser
Racer

We can do a pavillions later Saturday night. It seems that if we don't get there by 5 though the parking is all gone.
Old 11-01-07 | 01:40 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaiser
We can do a pavillions later Saturday night. It seems that if we don't get there by 5 though the parking is all gone.
Pavilions would be fun, but I can't do it this saturday. Another big ASU game, gotta support the school.

We should definately plan to go to Pavi one of these saturdays and get the whole Lexus crew to go out there.
Old 11-01-07 | 02:05 PM
Kaiser
Racer

Now you're just avoiding us.

Quick Reply: AZ Dyno/BBQ meet 10/20