Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth...THUMBS DOWN!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 12:46 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email it to all Sewell dealerships......
Old 10-31-07, 02:07 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Won't be puchasing any cars from them

Jonny
Old 11-09-07, 07:13 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I received this letter from the Better Business Bureau yesterday. Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth has failed to make any response to my complaint after three (3) attempts by the BBB to get a response. Apparently car dealerships can just ignore complaints from the Better Business Bureau and continue doing business as normal. Very discouraging. The consumer apparently has no recourse against automotive dealerships like Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth that refuse to honor valid Lexus New Car Warranty claims and then refuse to respond to complaints filed with the BBB. Lexus USA has also ignored all correspondance.

Old 11-09-07, 10:46 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Old 11-12-07, 12:27 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Update and Conclusion: After no further response from my dealer (Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth), and no response from Lexus USA, and no response by Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth to my Better Business Burea complaint (they totally ignored every one of the BBB inquiries), I sent a personal letter to the owner of all the Sewell dealerships in my area outlining the treatment I received from one of his dealerships. I got a call a couple of days later from the gentleman who manages all the Sewell dealerships and he apologized for the service I received and offered to pay (out of his own funds) for a new Lexus windshield to be installed. It was done today and I'm pleased the car is, at least, back to original specs again. But to be clear, this replacement was NOT covered under my New Car Warranty, and was not paid for by Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth, and was NOT covered or paid for by Lexus USA under warranty, but rather by the individual who cares enough about his dealerships to try to make a customer happy. I am pleased that it is over....I am still bitterly disappointed with the lack of support I received by the Lexus Corporation (Lexus USA) and by my local dealership.
Old 11-26-07, 06:35 PM
dfwIS350
Driver School Candidate

I'm just waiting to see how happy you end up being when you have to pay the $1900.00 for the factory windshield when the automatic wipers quit working. I've seen plenty of warranty claims denied on auto wipers when they find that the concern stems from aftermarket glass being used. The $1900.00 glass you turned down also blocks 100% of UVA light, and over 90% of UVB light, which is one of the reasons your car had the price tag it had when you bought it (the other windows all block at least 90% of UVA and UVB radiation, this is why Lexus interiors last so long without cracking).

Either way:
1) Any auto insurance policy will gladly cover replacement of a windshield, as it is a crucial safety feature (visibility is important, plus it is an integral part of the airbag system). And on any vehicle under 3 years old, I have never seen an insurance company turn down a request for factory glass, if you simply ask them that OEM Lexus glass is used and get a quote at the dealer.
2)After you take the vehicle elsewhere to get it repaired, I can't see how you think Lexus should pay after the fact. You should have had it taken to them directly when this missing sealer was found, or at least taken pictures, for the DOM or DS to inspect. They most likely would have paid for the repair, but they would have wanted to do it themself (because it should be done with OEM glass, and why would they sell the glass to an installer only to buy it back at an inflated cost?
3)Dealers do not "try to deny warranties". For future reference, the dealership did not build the car. They also do not pay to make warranty repairs. To the contrary, they actually get paid to make warranty repairs. A dealer will fix any problem under warranty they can, as long as they can duplicate the concern. In the case of a windshield, it isn't common to see one simply crack, and they should look for damage. If Lexus were to deny the claim, the dealership would be out the $1900.00. However, if the missing sealer were found during repairs, they would have no problem documenting and warrantying the concern. They'll get their money, be it from you or from Lexus.
Old 11-26-07, 11:11 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dfwIS350
I'm just waiting to see how happy you end up being when you have to pay the $1900.00 for the factory windshield when the automatic wipers quit working. I've seen plenty of warranty claims denied on auto wipers when they find that the concern stems from aftermarket glass being used. The $1900.00 glass you turned down also blocks 100% of UVA light, and over 90% of UVB light, which is one of the reasons your car had the price tag it had when you bought it (the other windows all block at least 90% of UVA and UVB radiation, this is why Lexus interiors last so long without cracking).

Either way:
1) Any auto insurance policy will gladly cover replacement of a windshield, as it is a crucial safety feature (visibility is important, plus it is an integral part of the airbag system). And on any vehicle under 3 years old, I have never seen an insurance company turn down a request for factory glass, if you simply ask them that OEM Lexus glass is used and get a quote at the dealer.
2)After you take the vehicle elsewhere to get it repaired, I can't see how you think Lexus should pay after the fact. You should have had it taken to them directly when this missing sealer was found, or at least taken pictures, for the DOM or DS to inspect. They most likely would have paid for the repair, but they would have wanted to do it themself (because it should be done with OEM glass, and why would they sell the glass to an installer only to buy it back at an inflated cost?
3)Dealers do not "try to deny warranties". For future reference, the dealership did not build the car. They also do not pay to make warranty repairs. To the contrary, they actually get paid to make warranty repairs. A dealer will fix any problem under warranty they can, as long as they can duplicate the concern. In the case of a windshield, it isn't common to see one simply crack, and they should look for damage. If Lexus were to deny the claim, the dealership would be out the $1900.00. However, if the missing sealer were found during repairs, they would have no problem documenting and warrantying the concern. They'll get their money, be it from you or from Lexus.

Congrats! Seems like you just got hired by Sewell. Now your going to sit here and tell me that the OEM prices the dealership charges are really worth it? $259 for floor mats, $9.60 for a quart of Mobil 1, $289 for window tint, etc. Wake up and smell the real deals because now a days we have a little beautiful place we like to call Ebay. Congrats again. BTW $1,900 won't hold Mr. Sewell back from making his Country Club payment.

Last edited by MoLexus; 11-26-07 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 04:48 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dfwIS350

Either way:
I would suggest you read the complete thread, and particularly my LAST POST before responding. If you had, you would see that the windshield WAS replaced with Lexus glass and therefore the automatic wiper sensor is covered under the factory warranty. I take it from your comments that you are a Lexus employee. Nevertheless, I see it is your 1st post.....so welcome to the forum.