Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Austin,tx: Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 02:21 PM
dieverse
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://houston-imports.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=567189

anyone going?
Old 04-20-10, 04:44 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, my IS350 was broken into last night. Thieves cracked part of the plastic pillar covering on the front passenger side, and bent part of the underlying metal frame. Finally, they gave up on this method and simply smashed the window.

I'm trying to find a suitable body shop to get the body work done, and I was referred to autocraft bodywerks:

http://autocraftbodywerks.com/index.html

Anybody have any experience with these guys? Anybody have any other recommendations?
Old 04-20-10, 09:14 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Whoa what were they going for?? Where did this happen?? Im so scared that my car is going to get broken into and I wont know about it. I have a Viper 5901 on it but Im not anywhere near it if anything were to happen..
Old 04-20-10, 09:30 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by dieverse
gotta work this weekend so I won't be able to go

Originally Posted by carLx
Hey guys, my IS350 was broken into last night. Thieves cracked part of the plastic pillar covering on the front passenger side, and bent part of the underlying metal frame. Finally, they gave up on this method and simply smashed the window.

I'm trying to find a suitable body shop to get the body work done, and I was referred to autocraft bodywerks:

Anybody have any experience with these guys? Anybody have any other recommendations?
what were they looking for? Is anything missing or did they just break in hoping to find something of value?
Old 04-21-10, 06:35 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had some bodywork done with them before. Extremely friendly, nice, great customer service but a little on the expensive side. There's another bodyshop I've had friends to go off Lamar called Whitakers. They're a little cheaper and seam to do just as good of a job Go by both and get quotes
Old 04-21-10, 08:45 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

I've also dealt with them before. I think they did an excellent job.
Old 04-21-10, 10:42 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys, makes me feel more at ease about getting my car fixed with these guys.

Yeah, as far as items stolen. The thieves stole a bag full of the following books: review of medical physiology, foundations of cellular neurophysiology, principles of neural science, along with loose leaf paper, a TI-89 titanium edition calculator, a few pencils...and most irritatingly, my 17 inch macbook pro.

I'm going to get my hands on some very sophisticated security measures very soon once my car is back up to speed.

Anybody have recommendations? How does this Viper 5901 gadget work?
Old 04-21-10, 11:29 AM
TurbIS
Rookie

are you going to med school? those sound like some interesting books, not for me though. I'm going to guess you already called the cops when you found out, have you heard any news from them yet? Were they able to pull any prints off your car? Hope everything works out and you get your IS back in shape. Car thieves really **** me off....useless bastards
Old 04-21-10, 02:15 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Haha correct, I am med school bound. This occurred in the parking lot at 2408 w Anderson lane near the restaurant houstons. I did call the police immediately and an officer came down. He checked for prints but did not find any. Police report was filed but the likelihood of the suspect(s) being found is slim to none. Apparently, this was the 3rd or 4th car vandalism/theft in that parking lot in the past 2 months. I would suggest avoiding 2408 W Anderson ln for the time being. If you must eat at houstons (their ribs are, after all, irresistible) I would suggest parking close, among other cars, and with NOTHING showing out in the open. My car was parked a good 4-5 spaces away from the next closest cluster of cars...under a bright light no less..and I was the one robbed.
Old 04-21-10, 03:38 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

gotta love the police, always helpful. sucks that they got your laptop too, I can imagine that replacing that along with all your personal data on there is going to be loads of fun. Keep us posted on what's going on with the repairs, look forward to seeing her when she's back to normal.
Old 04-22-10, 11:55 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

To those who have experience with autocraft bodywerks, how timely are they with their work?

I've been told that they tend to take a little bit longer than usual. I trust that this is mostly a testament to greater attention to detail/quality of work.
Old 04-24-10, 09:48 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Anybody have recommendations? How does this Viper 5901 gadget work?
I love my 5901. Its got alot of features and lets me know when someones trying to mess with it. It even goes off when a truck rolls by. I need to reset the sensitivity lol. Its the same as the 5902 except the 5902 has a color lcd screen. Best investment Ive made on my car.

http://viper.com/P-5702V/Viper-5901-...e-Start-System
Old 04-25-10, 12:04 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

I know precisely the system that I'm going to invest in once I get my car back: mobile watchman security system -

http://www.mobilewatchman.com/Event-...ypage.tpl.html

News story about the company summarizes cool features of the system:

http://www.mobilewatchman.com/Downlo...id-camera.html

Last edited by syzygy; 04-25-10 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-25-10, 01:25 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Spotted a white is-f up here at Carlos n charlies. Looks really clean in the sun
Old 04-26-10, 07:15 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

To those who have experience with autocraft bodywerks, how timely are they with their work?

I've been told that they tend to take a little bit longer than usual. I trust that this is mostly a testament to greater attention to detail/quality of work.
It depends on the amount of work that needs to be done. The times I've used them ranged from a couple of days to a week.

Quick Reply: Austin,tx: Roll Call