Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Austin,tx: Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-10, 06:14 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually get my tires mounted at soulspeed because they don't scratch the rims. I took my wheels to discount tire and pep boys before, and they scratched my rims like nobody's business.
Old 07-10-10, 07:36 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OutCaster - you were one of the people who gave the "go ahead" for autocraft bodywerks, I believe, and autocraft bodywerks was absolutely phenomenal with fixing my car, so I'm going to go ahead and go with soulspeed.

I've already ordered the tires through Lamb tire and automotive, so in order to not be a ****, I'm going to technically go ahead and purchase the tires through them (even though I'm not obligated to, I still would feel bad if I told them to order $1000 worth of tires and not purchase them), but I'll have them mounted/balanced by soulspeed.

Another issue is - Discount tire had one of the more positive reviews on yelp and other review sites, more positive than Lamb tire and automotive.

The average joe is probably satisfied far too easily when it comes to auto work, but for car enthusiasts like us, the bar is always a little bit higher.

If you say Discount tire did a poor job mounting your tires, I shudder to think what Lamb automotive might do, especially considering the fact that the salesman was not very familiar with the TPMS system for our IS350.

Generally speaking I just don't trust chains.
Old 07-10-10, 09:53 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by carLx
OutCaster - you were one of the people who gave the "go ahead" for autocraft bodywerks, I believe, and autocraft bodywerks was absolutely phenomenal with fixing my car, so I'm going to go ahead and go with soulspeed.

I've already ordered the tires through Lamb tire and automotive, so in order to not be a ****, I'm going to technically go ahead and purchase the tires through them (even though I'm not obligated to, I still would feel bad if I told them to order $1000 worth of tires and not purchase them), but I'll have them mounted/balanced by soulspeed.

Another issue is - Discount tire had one of the more positive reviews on yelp and other review sites, more positive than Lamb tire and automotive.

The average joe is probably satisfied far too easily when it comes to auto work, but for car enthusiasts like us, the bar is always a little bit higher.

If you say Discount tire did a poor job mounting your tires, I shudder to think what Lamb automotive might do, especially considering the fact that the salesman was not very familiar with the TPMS system for our IS350.

Generally speaking I just don't trust chains.
yep, learn from my mistakes

as for tpms, I remember Soulspeed was able to take care of those for you as well. If I remember correctly they installed new ones, wasn't much more expensive. They operate by appointment only, so make sure you do that. Also, if you plan on waiting, they don't have much for you to do, so might want to bring a book or laptop or something.

for your other suspension questions, might want to try the suspension or IS - Second Generation forums, probably more response for you.

good luck!
Old 07-14-10, 10:45 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

edit: sorry, wrong thread
Old 07-15-10, 11:33 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Frank, both my driver side tires have the steel belts showing now after less than 5k miles on them. Toe is off or something. Good thing I picked up the whole set from you cause Id be crying right now if I had to buy a whole new set lol. Thanks again for the hookup!
Old 07-16-10, 07:47 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusK
Hey Frank, both my driver side tires have the steel belts showing now after less than 5k miles on them. Toe is off or something. Good thing I picked up the whole set from you cause Id be crying right now if I had to buy a whole new set lol. Thanks again for the hookup!
Hey man, no problem! Hope things work out for you.

-Frank H.
Old 07-17-10, 10:25 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spotted (walked in front of, actually) a black 2IS with some sort of custom lip and ISF tails @ the Domain earlier today in the evening.
Old 07-21-10, 03:24 PM
ATX300
Driver

Spotted 2nd gen IS with F-Sport wheels and brakes at Slaughter and Escarpment. Tried to catch up, but was in the 4 banger work truck.
Old 07-22-10, 03:33 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Spotted at blue 1IS with rims riding the feeder down 360 to bluffstone and a red SC with rims parked at the domain today
Old 07-26-10, 05:27 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Just spotted a ggp 1IS with rims and exhaust outside maudies
Old 07-27-10, 04:16 PM
ATX300
Driver

Originally Posted by TurbIS
Just spotted a ggp 1IS with rims and exhaust outside maudies
Was it parked in the back row right next to Slaughter? If so I think I have seen it there before.
Old 07-27-10, 05:08 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Yeah it was. Saw it when I was leaving galaxy cafe
Old 07-27-10, 09:46 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Stop spotting everyone else! Spot me!

I did see a silver ISF on 2222 going opposite direction of me ... last saturday morning
Old 07-28-10, 06:08 AM
ATX300
Driver

Originally Posted by OutCaster
Stop spotting everyone else! Spot me!

I did see a silver ISF on 2222 going opposite direction of me ... last saturday morning
Frank,
You are on the other side of the planet from us South Austin people haha! I will keep my eyes peeled for you if I'm up there.

My car has to go under for a couple of weeks, new bumper and exhaust, but lets try to get together sometime in the not to distant future for a meet and greet. Also, what happened to TP_IS, koala...?, and some of the others that used to be on here often?
Old 07-28-10, 12:03 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Outcaster, I'm up at the domain every day. Mine is the black 1IS with the custom bodywork on the drivers fender

Quick Reply: Austin,tx: Roll Call