Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Austin,tx: Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-10, 11:27 AM
justinp95
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in austin. Anyone selling something for an LS400 i may want???? Haha
Old 08-31-10, 09:31 AM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ATX_250
This is a great idea!!!heres mine

me like
Old 09-01-10, 06:07 AM
ATX300
Driver

I don't know if anyone is still wanting to meet this weekend at The Domain, but I'll start a roll call to see who all is still in. It sounded like noon on Saturday was a good time originally.

1.) ATX300
Old 09-01-10, 06:08 AM
ATX300
Driver

I would post pictures but I don't really know how to, plus my car is in the body shop. Can someone tell me how to for when I get it out?
Old 09-01-10, 02:40 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

this is mine, in desperate need of a thorough cleaning

ATX300, I use photobucket to upload all of my pics then copy the IMG code and paste it in the post
Old 09-01-10, 02:49 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX300
First of all, I would hope that other 2nd gen owners could provide assistance in regards to the TPMS, as that is not an issue with 1st gen. If you have had a good experience thus far I would continue with Lamb's, but in regards to some suspension additions, I would maybe take it to a shop with a little more knowledge in regards to aftermarket setups. I would personally see what Soulspeed would charge compared to what Lamb's would. The guys at Soulspeed are extremely knowledgeable about their craft. I do know that they have one of the best alignment machines in the state. Check out their website too at www.soulspeed.com. Anyone else feel free to chime in and help carLx out!!!
I was just looking back through here since I'm going to be coming back into town in a few weeks and wanted to see how things were going down in Austin.

I just came up upon some discussions about Soulspeed and I wanted to say, if you haven't already had you're work done, be extremely careful when dealing with them. Make sure everything is to your liking/there are no mess up's/damage. Soulspeed is one of the few places in Austin I do not recommend to others. They will NEVER perform any further services on any of my cars, sponsors cars or friends cars. Good luck to you though
Old 09-02-10, 09:27 AM
Nezumi
Driver

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
I was just looking back through here since I'm going to be coming back into town in a few weeks and wanted to see how things were going down in Austin.

I just came up upon some discussions about Soulspeed and I wanted to say, if you haven't already had you're work done, be extremely careful when dealing with them. Make sure everything is to your liking/there are no mess up's/damage. Soulspeed is one of the few places in Austin I do not recommend to others. They will NEVER perform any further services on any of my cars, sponsors cars or friends cars. Good luck to you though
That's interesting. I used to have pretty good experiences, but that was years ago. I will have to be careful in the future!

As far a the meet this weekend, I have family in town, so I'm not sure that I can make it
Old 09-02-10, 12:46 PM
joaco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BigMikeISF will you like to discuss your bad experience with Soulspeed. Just went there few months ago to do an alignment by recomendation from Outcaster and have no problem. Just wondering, thanks.
Old 09-02-10, 03:06 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

I'm surprised you had a bad experience with them.
Old 09-02-10, 04:00 PM
ATX300
Driver

Well, now that it is Thursday, and pushing on Friday, I am assuming that nobody is interested in meeting up on Saturday. I guess someone else can try to organize something at a later date.
Old 09-02-10, 06:32 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ATX300
Well, now that it is Thursday, and pushing on Friday, I am assuming that nobody is interested in meeting up on Saturday. I guess someone else can try to organize something at a later date.
I wouldn't mind meeting up, but I'm guessing most people are out on the holidays. I'd prefer a quick bite Saturday during lunch.
Old 09-02-10, 06:48 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anti-recommendation is duly noted, thanks for the heads up.

Truth be told I did not end up going to soulspeed; rather, I had the "stealership" (Lexus of Austin) mount, install, and align my tires.

On a slightly unrelated note, I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s for my IS350. Only problem is these tires cost an arm and a leg.
Old 09-02-10, 09:24 PM
Nezumi
Driver

I'd most definitely be down for a get-together, but my mom is in town for the weekend. Any other weekend I'm good, or after work would be fine too.
Old 09-03-10, 02:29 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

any shops to roll/shave fenders?

heres me

Old 09-05-10, 01:45 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Just spotted a silver isf up at carlos n charlies

Quick Reply: Austin,tx: Roll Call