Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Austin,tx: Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-10, 07:49 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that's not good. I used to work at the one in lakeway and the only thing I did to my car was change the oil myself. All of their products suck and are way over priced.
Old 11-06-10, 01:49 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I think I got scammed at the arbor car wash on guadalupe.... I went in for an oil change and got the free car wash that came with it. They told me they could remove the sludge leftover and refill the oil all the way for an extra cost. I knew something was up, but I didnt know much about that kind of stuff to go and ask them. It sounded legit... jasljfds;lk
Old 11-10-10, 03:19 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Any of you guys make the commute up/down Mopac between 8 and 9 in the morning and then around 5ish in the evening? I was curious to know, because in the parking lot known as Mopac rush hour, Lexuses are everywhere!

Just something I was pondering on my drive in today.....
Old 11-10-10, 10:42 PM
_adiO
Driver

I'm on Southwest Parkway alot....Beige SC400 on 19''s
Old 11-14-10, 11:21 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssis300
Any of you guys make the commute up/down Mopac between 8 and 9 in the morning and then around 5ish in the evening? I was curious to know, because in the parking lot known as Mopac rush hour, Lexuses are everywhere!

Yep, I do all the time, but I'm just another face in the usual Lexus crowd given that my car is 100% bone stock (save for F-sport sway bars). '09 Tungsten Pearl IS350.

I go loop 360 north --> 2222 East --> Mopac south --> Windsor Rd exit

And then the reverse when heading home (Mopac North --> 2222 West --> loop 360 south).
Old 11-17-10, 02:19 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm the Crystal White IS350 that goes from 620ish, down 183, then down MoPac across Town (excuse me, Lady Bird) Lake, near Barton Creek Mall. Flip that for the drive home. Bone stock, except for the Black Lone Star vanity plate of LEX350.

Curiously enough, on my drive in today, I encountered a Matador Red '06 IS350 (no sharkfin) and a Dark Blue (maybe Blk?) IS350, also an '06, I believe. I first made contact with the Matador around 183 and Spicewood Springs/McNeil, and he rolled down most of MoPac too. The Blue (?) one proceeded South on MoPac as I exited just across the Lake. And to clarify, I'm NOT the attractive blonde gal in the IS250 ('07 or '08). That's the younger sister car of my 350!

....and they say I don't pay attention on the road..... ridiculous!!
Old 11-17-10, 02:52 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Only other cars that belong to people on this forum that I've ever seen are LexusK's GS and his friend's black IS350. I had been playing pick up basketball games at gregory gym with his friend for quite a while and never even realized it. Small world.

I don't think he posts on these forums though.

I'm rarely on the portion of mopac near barton creek mall. Once in a while I am but not routinely.

I could take loop 360 south --> bee caves --> mopac north --> windsor rd and it would be about the same distance, but I prefer using 2222 because there aren't as many cops around - and when they are around, they are usually stationed at one of 3 distinct speed traps.

I've received far too many tickets going through Bee Caves, though. Cops are brutal around those parts. Never been let off with a warning. These days I drive strictly at the speed limit (45 in the 45, 40 in the 40) while going on Bee Caves 2244.
Old 11-17-10, 09:07 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Wait... CarLX? Did you change your sn??
Old 11-17-10, 10:57 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusK
Wait... CarLX? Did you change your sn??
Yeah, some madman from the forums started stalking my posts because he was angry that I posted magazine times to show how his car (non-lexus) is slower than the corresponding lexus model.

He actually found my cell number from a couple of hundred posts back and was immature enough to prank call me 3 times last week using one of those internet celebrity soundboards, though he did mention his forum name before hanging up.

I got a good chuckle out of that.

He's suspended from the forums at the moment so I figured a name change would help to thwart his creepy stalking. He hasn't prank called any more so hopefully he's just forgotten about it.
Old 11-18-10, 07:47 AM
IonSpray35
Driver

Well that's retarded. Would he prefer to take his car out and get some actual times and get back to us? Or just realize this is the internet and get over it?
Old 11-18-10, 03:12 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IonSpray35
Well that's retarded. Would he prefer to take his car out and get some actual times and get back to us? Or just realize this is the internet and get over it?
Yeah, I know right.

I posted a link to an issue from road and track showing how, according to their figures, car A is faster than car B. That's it - one simple post. I wasn't intending to turn it into some huge rage-filled argument; it was a simple, straightforward, non-offensive post.

He responded with his rage-filled diatribe, calling Lexus owners "snobby" and the sort. These are just cars and there are always faster ones out there. I didn't really understand what the big deal was.

Later I found out that he's done this sort of thing on other car forums as well - notably the Acurazine forums. He also has about 20 different youtube accounts and spends a large part of his time engaging in senseless "flame" wars over the internet.

Guy's got a few screws loose as far as I can tell.
Old 11-19-10, 10:00 AM
TurbIS
Rookie

some people never cease to amaze me...
Old 11-19-10, 12:23 PM
OutCaster
Lead Lap

Nope :-/ I go onto the feeder road of mopac for about 5 mins then I exit. Don't think anyone has ever spotted me before.
Old 11-21-10, 12:34 PM
IonSpray35
Driver

I'm mainly on 130, 71 and 45, from north Austin to Cedar Creek.
Old 11-22-10, 09:45 PM
jasoncd
Pole Position

Every day, unfortunately. If you hear an f-sport intake, that's probably me flooring it after I finally get to a clear lane

Quick Reply: Austin,tx: Roll Call