Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

anyone got ticket for no front license plate in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 11:03 AM
SpaceCadet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone got ticket for no front license plate in Texas?

how much does it cost and what is required to fix it?
Old 10-31-07, 11:08 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Don't even worry about it! I have had two new cars with out the front plate and travel all around Texas and I havnt even been pulled over once. If I were to get pulled over it would probably be for my limo tint on my IS.
Old 10-31-07, 11:09 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

! drove my IS around like a bat out of hell summer without my front license plates.. even got a few speeding tickets before I got my Valentine, but never got a ticket or pulled over for not front plate...
Old 10-31-07, 11:41 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I was pulled over once in my old Accord Coupe for a missing front plate. The State Trooper actually did a U-turn on a highway (over grassy median) to come pull me over for not having a front plate.

He asked why I didn't have a front plate and I told him that I had body work done on the front end and they didnt put the front bracket back on (which was the truth... although I said it had just happened recently when it really happened 2 years prior). He gave me a warning and let me go. My brother got pulled over by Highway Patrol in his Vette for the same thing, but he too got off with a warning.

I've asked several local police officers about it and they said that they have better things to do than pull you over for a missing plate. Heck when I got a speeding ticket in Highland Park they didn't nab me for a missing plate. My IS does not and WILL not have a front plate.

All in all, it is the law so a cop could pull you over for it if they really wanted to be a jerk. It seems like the Highway Patrol are the only ones who will actually pull you over for that reason alone.
Old 10-31-07, 07:39 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got one back in the day, i was at a hot spot and the cops were pulling people over for anything. anyways i went to court for the ticket i had to show proof that it is now on my car, still had to pay i think but i cant remember its been like 5 years!
Old 11-01-07, 07:11 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Basically this is how I see it. If your car is modded, then you have a better chance of getting pulled over. But if your factory lexus, they won't bother you. When I put my wheels on, I feel like a target. But I have been pulled over in my previous cars, but they were highly modded! Like they said up there, if they are bored they'll pull you over. And if there "Ha']['ers!!!"
Old 11-01-07, 11:01 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Its not worth putting it on if you have to have a bracket on your bumper, I would never drill holes in my bumper, sucks it was done before I got the car. The only thing they make you do is show proof you put it on and pay court fees I think. I think if you have proof you put it on they dismiss the ticket, but I couldnt tell you, Ive never got one.
Old 11-01-07, 07:42 PM
David1969
Pole Position

Got pulled over two weeks ago for no front plate by SAPD. The cop passed me as he was turning at an intersection and did a U turn and pulled me over. I told him that i purchased the car pre-owned and did not have a front plate. I've had the car about 1 year and have been in front of tons of cops without being ticketed. This guy was a big goofy older jerk and played the role so i signed and knew of a few ways to get out of it (such as calling his duty officer and finding out his days off or vacation week; once he's taking one of these, schedule the court date - he won't want to come in to deal with it so you win).

Went to court yesterday and got out paying $0.00.

This is what you have to do:

1. Buy some velcro
2. Attach velcro to license plate
3. Cut 1 small square and tape it to bumper.
4. Place license plate on the square making contact with the velcro already on plate

You then take a picture of the car with the plate on. Take the plate off until you go to court. Once you park at the courthouse, put the plate back on. The reason being is that the prosecutor may want you to go outside and take a picture in front of the vehicle with you kind of in it so that they can see the plate and the clothes you're wearing ( to verify the pic's legit). Once they verify it, they will either waive the $10.00 processing fee or make you pay it. As far as the price goes, since i didn't pay the fine as it got dismissed, i don't know what the price is in Bexar county. Others have stated about $65 or and i'd guess much higher in some other areas. Hope this helps.

Last edited by David1969; 11-01-07 at 07:48 PM.