Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

South West Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 04:16 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default South West Houston

So I may be moving to the far southwest Houston area and was wondering if anybody on here had any suggestions for places to live. Trying to keep my commute to Bay City area and my wife's commute into Houston somewhere near an hour. What do you think? Is it possible without living in the backwoods?
Old 10-31-07, 04:39 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SWAT aka SouthWest Alief Texas Eh
Old 11-01-07, 09:31 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Default SW Houston

Originally Posted by KidPandJ
So I may be moving to the far southwest Houston area and was wondering if anybody on here had any suggestions for places to live. Trying to keep my commute to Bay City area and my wife's commute into Houston somewhere near an hour. What do you think? Is it possible without living in the backwoods?

Hello and Welcome to Texas. There are lots of places to live in the area. Are you thinking of buying a house? Renting? Apartment? Kids in school?

These are all the things that you have to consider before you decide on a place to live. There are nice areas and not-so-nice areas, it all depends on price. Bay City is about an hour's drive from Sugarland, Richmond, and Rosenburg. There are plenty of nice homes in those areas. The school districts are nice as well. The commute into Houston would be about the same. It would be a nice middle ground between.

I hope this helps a bit and again, welcome to Houston area. If you need more info, feel free to email me @ hhsu68@gmail.com.

BTW, I'm not a RE agent, but I know quite a few! I work at a local Lexus dealership.

Homer
Old 11-01-07, 10:57 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, Sugar Land has a lot of nice places to live. Just depends on what you want and what your budget is like. Most of all the school districts are pretty good, if you have, or are planning on having kids. Im not to sure what the apartments are like, but Im sure they are pretty nice. Like Homer said, Welcome to the Southwest forums and if you have any other questions, just ask.
Old 11-02-07, 12:55 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

Thanks for the comments guys that really helps. Looking on a map it seems like Bay City would be so far from Houston I'd have to drive forever to get there but an hour is not too bad.
Old 11-02-07, 07:52 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

one point for sc300 and one point for ls400 lol

check out my signature

sugarland is a nice area. other nice places too. just check it out