Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
View Poll Results: There is a split as to which City for the Shootout/Meet- Houston or Dallas
Houston
40.00%
Dallas
60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

V8's in 08 Shootout - Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-08, 11:08 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully my SC470TT will be done by then.
Old 02-01-08, 07:56 PM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Wow just to hear people with doubts kinda hurt my feelings. I'm doing my best on my behave to make sure this thing pops off perfect and we only have 9 people commenting and 9maybe's. Have a question what must be done and/or said to make this more appealing for the rest of the world to jump on this band wagon? Just say it and I will make it happen. Question for the people that are coming, is there anythingin particular that you want to see and/or do while in the big cityof Dallas? Tryingto get a few things written in stone so I can get better prices and timef frames for this meet. If anypeople that are local would liketo help in "My Quest for Perfection" hint hint plz pm me and we can exchange #'s and maybe meetup for lunch and discuss the meet. For other people with ideas can you plz pm me those ideas and I will do my best to make it come true
Old 02-02-08, 12:04 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

i still it makes sense for this to somehow coincide w/ the supra nationals meet in houston. where normally around 100 supra owners alone show up.. along w/ other nicely modded lexus' that take to the tracks. who knows.. there is still time to spread the word out for this v8 event in dallas.
Old 02-02-08, 04:32 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
i still it makes sense for this to somehow coincide w/ the supra nationals meet in houston. where normally around 100 supra owners alone show up.. along w/ other nicely modded lexus' that take to the tracks. who knows.. there is still time to spread the word out for this v8 event in dallas.
Unfortunately, there will be many of us that will not be ready by March 20th. I for one, will not be. I believe Scott and Blizzy will not be ready either. I also believe Lextreme will not be ready by then, so even if we wanted to "piggy-back" on to the Supra Nationals meet, most of us will not be ready by then.

Ryan
Old 02-02-08, 04:49 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Now, there is another option we could consider...It is to see if we can hold our event in Pearland TX, a suburb of Houston, and ask to be a part of the Texas Mile Race. It is scheduled for October 25th and 26th. the cost is approximatley $200 per car, and we can run flat out ***** to the wall and each car gets official speed slips...The race is sanctioned, the track is an airport runway, and it is an official event. That would give us more time to plan for the V8 Shootout.

Now I have received no permission to combine or add our event to theirs, but I have sent an email inquiring to such. I will keep you posted with any progress we may make...

Here is a link to the Texas Mile: http://www.texasmile.com/

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-02-08 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-02-08, 08:48 AM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I might make it.. need the dates and facts tho.
Old 02-02-08, 03:08 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,

Well it appears that the date and location of this meet are far from being locked in.

So.....I'll put my vote in for Houston. I MAY be able to make it either way, but it would be MUCH easier to talk my wife into going to Houston. She has some friends there.

KC
Old 02-02-08, 04:49 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

To hold the show at a Lexus dealer, we will need many people to commit. I set the date and place in Dallas, and we got 8 people to commit. That is simply not enough. I continue to post that we need people to commit to make this event work, but I am not yet getting the movement. That is why I made a possible other suggestion with the Texas Mile...I just want to meeet and have fun with all of yous guys...

So, let us commit, and we will keep to Dallas or Houston. But we need a commitment form many of you.

Ryan
Old 02-02-08, 06:40 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Even though I dont own a Lex anymore I'm gonna come out if its STILL in Dallas
Old 02-02-08, 07:12 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Knightridr
Wow just to hear people with doubts kinda hurt my feelings. I'm doing my best on my behave to make sure this thing pops off perfect and we only have 9 people commenting and 9maybe's. Have a question what must be done and/or said to make this more appealing for the rest of the world to jump on this band wagon? Just say it and I will make it happen. Question for the people that are coming, is there anythingin particular that you want to see and/or do while in the big cityof Dallas? Tryingto get a few things written in stone so I can get better prices and timef frames for this meet. If anypeople that are local would liketo help in "My Quest for Perfection" hint hint plz pm me and we can exchange #'s and maybe meetup for lunch and discuss the meet. For other people with ideas can you plz pm me those ideas and I will do my best to make it come true
Knightridr, seeing that you have so few post, but so much dedication moves me, I am not local (closer to atx), but if you need to do anything, I will try as hard as I can.

C'mon ppl lets see more definite yes's!
Old 02-02-08, 07:16 PM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Well heres a question that might shead somelight on the subject. How many people are willing to come to Texas? Or should we find another city that more netural for the whole board? I would love to have it here in Tx but if it take to have it somewhere else for a bigger turnout then I am willing to the proper changes to make this work. What do you think Ryan?
Old 02-02-08, 07:55 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

KS sound nice and central. LOL that would be to easy for me.
Really, I dont think we want to keep changing it. we need to decide and stick to it or nobody will come. I am trying to get with Sewell Lexus via PM on this site to see what they will do for us. No response yet.
Old 02-03-08, 08:01 AM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Of course KS sounds good for you, thats where you reside lol. I agree that we need to stick to one city but it seems as though were not getting enough people to committ as we thought we would. I have spoken to alot of Lexus dealers here in texas and they all want a very huge turnout. I figured if we can get pretty my the whole board to come then they would show up.
Old 02-03-08, 09:25 AM
crx378
Pole Position

ill be there for sure if its in dallas!!! i hope i can sell my car first so i can finish and bring a different one. either way i will be there in some kind of lexus.
Old 02-05-08, 11:02 AM
_adiO
Driver

count me in for dallas.
im getting my wheels on this weeknd so hopefully I can look flashy when may comes rollin' around.

Quick Reply: V8's in 08 Shootout - Dallas, TX