Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Dallas: Where can I get my turbo installed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 01:14 PM
l Black l
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dallas: Where can I get my turbo installed?

I wanted to purchase the XSPower turbo kit for my 1GS. Before I pay for this thing I want to know if anyone can help me out with a place to get this installed. JPI told me flat out "No". Anybody know where I can get this kit installed and tuned?

I also want to know if any "do it yourselfer" can install it for me and I can just get it tuned at a shop. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.
Old 01-24-08, 06:32 PM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Tony Palo at http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/
Old 01-24-08, 07:03 PM
l Black l
Driver

Thanks. I'll shoot him an email see what he says. I might have to try Jotech as well. Who did yours 1qwklex?
Old 01-24-08, 07:17 PM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Why did they tell you no? Is it a hard install?
Old 01-25-08, 06:22 AM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by l Black l
Thanks. I'll shoot him an email see what he says. I might have to try Jotech as well. Who did yours 1qwklex?
Tony can do it for you. He's a really nice guy who has lots of racing experience and working on cars. He used to work for Bob Norwood. Swift Racing Technologies in Maryland does the work on my Turbo IS. Let me know how it goes. JoTech is gonna be kinda high on price but they are good and has lots of nicely done cars that roll out of there. Tell Tony that Tom with the Turbo IS sent ya.
Old 01-25-08, 06:23 AM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by waijai
Why did they tell you no? Is it a hard install?
I don't why Jason would turn away a customer with an install. It sould be just a straight forward turbo kit installation. Got's me.
Old 01-25-08, 11:53 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had many issues with the XS kit! The welds inside the manifold would come off and it ruins the turbo. Their w/g doesn't work as good. Their turbo is a joke. Their stuffs would never fit properly. You would have to reposition the turbo manifold or you can't fit air filter on there. Their w/g would work from time to time.... when you are boosting, You need the w/g works 100%. That is the reason I'm not going to do any XS kit install. I hope it doesn't hurt your feeling but I rather not put our name in the install and parts doesn't fit or operate properly. Any piggy back wouldn't work. Spend the money and do it right. Go with an EMS. I have seen many shops name tarnish include our own because of the piggyback We came through with a PNP EMS a while back for GS300 and Is300. By using the AEM 1050 box, you are controlling fuel and timing only. Let the stock ECU do the rest. The only thing doesn't work is the traction control. If you want more information then free feel to give me a call. Please don't give me a thumb down without knowing the facts.
PS: You contacted me a while back about a turbo install. We gave you a pricing for for everything and heard back from you. I do have all the p.m to prove it.
Regards,
JPI Racing

Last edited by JPI Racing; 01-25-08 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-25-08, 12:24 PM
l Black l
Driver

It didn't matter to me that you didn't want to install the kit, I figured there would be other shops that would install it. For the record, I wasn't giving you a thumbs down, I was saying you gave me the thumbs down on my request. Thanks for the info on the kit. I have heard these issues as well, which is why I wanted to ask a shop that may know how to avoid some of these issues. I have the money for the kit you quoted me, but the wife might not be too happy afterwards. Maybe I'll just wait and see how long it takes me to save up to do it right. I'm not in the mood to have to buy a new car after screwing up this one.

PS: I just saw your PS and yes, I have the PMs as well. However, when we originally spoke, I never asked you anything about the XSPower kit. I'm not sure what you mean by you can prove it, but all I'm doing is trying to find out what kits are available and what it takes to get them installed properly. Once again, thanks for the info.

Last edited by l Black l; 01-25-08 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added PS response
Old 01-25-08, 12:52 PM
FrayKay
Driver

I know a tech that works for Toyota that does all that stuff on the side. If you want, I can see if he'll install it for you.
Old 01-25-08, 09:33 PM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Thanx for the clarification Jason.
Old 01-27-08, 08:26 PM
l Black l
Driver

Well, it looks like the only person that is willing to even touch this kit is FrayKay's buddy. Tony at T1 said the same thing Jason did. That's to much for me to handle. I'll have to just set the money aside and wait to go with JPIs kit instead. Ah well, I guess I'll find something else to buy in the mean time to hold me over for a few months. Thanks for all the info guys.
Old 01-28-08, 06:14 AM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by l Black l
Well, it looks like the only person that is willing to even touch this kit is FrayKay's buddy. Tony at T1 said the same thing Jason did. That's to much for me to handle. I'll have to just set the money aside and wait to go with JPIs kit instead. Ah well, I guess I'll find something else to buy in the mean time to hold me over for a few months. Thanks for all the info guys.
That would be money well spent. Keep us posted on the turbo upgrades. Spend some money on brakes and suspension to go along with the turbo. You've got to make it handle and haul that beast to a halt when needs to.