Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Dyno Tuning for the Lexus National Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 10:50 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dyno Tuning for the Lexus National Shootout

Ok Gang, this is the official thread for the Dyno Tuning for the Shootout in Dallas for the Lexus Nationals (Formerly called V8 Shootout) in Texas this May 24th and 25th. Since the Shootout is for V8, I6 and V6 competition, then we not only expect the Dyno facility to be quite busy, but we expect the guys who want their best pulls and tunes to schedule with Chris Macellaro for their Dyno Tuning during the week before the Shootout...Chris is offering special rates for that week only, as this is a part of the Lexus meet and Shootout, so take advantage of his specials by contacting him direct.

Dyno tuning can be scheduled any time on either May 22nd (Thursday), or May 23rd (Friday). All tuning will be conducted at Xtreme Horsepower, on the Dyno Dynamics Dyno. Chris can tune practically any device or car that you bring him. He has extensive knowledge and experience in tuning vehicles and is also a top instructor at EFI University. He can tune both stand alones and piggy backs for your application.

Keep in mind that Dyno tuning can take a few hours to several hours to complete depending upon what is needed to get tuned. Typically, Chris will schedule 1/2 day slots for tuning. Remember that the location of the Dyno is in North Richland Hills. Here is Chris's webpage for learning more about how and what he does. Please also confirm your time slot with him and wel will update this thread as you schedule. Chris's website and contact info is:

Macellaro's Performance Tuning
World Wide Traveling Services Available
email: chris@macellarosperformancetuning.com
phone: 817-542-4151

Please keep the following in mind:
  • A deposit needs to be made prior to filling the slot. The deposit is half of the service price, discussed when you call Chris about the details. He will give you payment options at the time of the phone call. An invoice will be generated after the service has been completed. If you cancel within 10 days of the event, your deposit is non refundable.
  • Remember, Chris is an Instructor for EFI University and here is that link... http://www.efi101.com/contact.html
  • He will need to know what vehicles/EFI systems he will be tuning before he can place you in a slot because of time constraints and the different amount of time each system can take to tune. (I already have the first half of Thursday, 22nd) Time slots are not always the best thing for an event like this. He may put you in order(when one car is finished the next will be put on) If, it gets to a point where He need's more time to tune, he will see about scheduling time on Saturday. But for now just Thursday and Friday.
Scheduling

Thursday

1. (SC400TT) Ryan- SC400 Twin Turbo-Autronic Standalone ECU

Friday

Here is a link to a local forum where Chris discusses his business, it has a thread in his section Entitled: The Importance of proper tuning... http://www.dallasimports.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=97775

Some other links if that may interest you...

pictures of different cars he has tuned.... http://www.dallasimports.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=97774

dynographs of some cars that Chris has tuned... http://www.dallasimports.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=97773

Remember, there are 6 competitions:
V8 N/A
V8 Forced Induction
I6 N/A
I6 Forced induction
V6 N/A
V6 Forced Induction
Trophies will be given out!!

Come on gang, let's have an awesome turnout!!

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 03-12-08 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-12-08, 07:06 AM
1QWKLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great work.
Old 03-12-08, 10:57 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ryan,

I may need tuning done but am unsure yet. Still have to get my car running, then pull it apart and install the cams, then put it back together. Right now, it is not looking promising that I will be ready so I will hold off on signing up.

Will keep you posted,
Jonny
Old 03-12-08, 02:30 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Ryan,

I may need tuning done but am unsure yet. Still have to get my car running, then pull it apart and install the cams, then put it back together. Right now, it is not looking promising that I will be ready so I will hold off on signing up.

Will keep you posted,
Jonny
No worries, just let us know...

Ryan