Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Monthly Meet in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08 | 09:52 AM
TLindeman
Rookie

I will be there.
Old 04-07-08 | 01:48 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Man....I would go, but I have to work every 2nd Sat. This sucks.....
Old 04-07-08 | 04:51 PM
76mmturbo
Pole Position

add me im in
Old 04-09-08 | 07:49 AM
vr666m
Rookie

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
I'll throw this out there based on some very positive past experiences:
With our MINI Cooper club, we were all so into driving our cars that someone would map out a route on which to drive our cars. This let us test our handling/acceleration, enjoy some scenery, and enjoy some time with our cars when we had nothing else to think about. According to some bystanders at the time, it was also pretty impressive to suddenly be passed by 10-15 Coopers.

We got SO addicted to the group drives that almost all of us bought radios so we could better stay in touch and coordinate during the drives. It was on one stretch of those drives that I got my Cooper up to the highest speed I'd driven it (but that was a closed area - SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS!)

It's sounding like, since we're all nuts about the cars and there for the cars, you're wanting our activities centered around - THE CARS?

Yeah i 100% agree.
Not to shoot down the effort for organizing a meet but if i want to look at Hooter's girls, i can go there with my testosterone overload friends, not a bunch of car nuts. Meeting in a restaurant, sitting around and taking pictures of rides in a parking lot gets really lame after one meeting.

I am down if there is going to be a planned route drive, THEN a restaurant sit down if anyone wants to stay. There are tons of backroads in the north part of the suburbs. I used to own a VW Corrado and there will be up to 30 Corrados going out for drive meets, it's a real head turner.
Old 04-09-08 | 04:52 PM
TLindeman
Rookie

Sounds like fun. Why don't we get together this weekend and have a couple of beers and discuss some good routes that work well for everyone. No need to do the same route every month. Perhaps each person is responsible for a route each month. We can congregate in a common locale go for a cruise and grab some grub.

Thoughts???

This being the first weekend would make a good opportunity to meet one another and get a game plane together.

Group hug thing is scary huh
Old 04-10-08 | 09:23 AM
Knightridr
Pole Position

That was what the game plan. All I wanted to do was to get everyone at one spot and one time since its never been done before in the DFW area. Every attempt to get more Lexus owners to show up for anything local areas has failed. For instance the weekly Plano meet. The most shown up was 5 people iirc. There was a meet in Arlington and only 3 guys from CL showed. But looking at previous post it seems that few people really dont want to meet up unless its under a certain circumstances. I thought the main reason for a car meet was to meet other members and scope out their cars and have fun. I never said that Hooters and/or MainEvent was going to be the spot every month. Like I said before I chose Hooters cuz its in a nuetral spot we all can meet up make friends and just go from there.

Last edited by Knightridr; 04-10-08 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-10-08 | 12:07 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry guys, can't make it out this time. Blew the transmission last weekend
If there's a meet next month, then I'll be showing up with my new HUGE turbo setup
Old 04-10-08 | 07:59 PM
TLindeman
Rookie

I know I have said time and time again that I would be there...

I won't...I have a business meeting in San Antonio and will be leaving Saturday morning

I was really looking forward to getting together!

As I do with all of my out of town meetings, I have to take my daughter to her grandparents, then I am off to the meeting all occurring on Saturday...
Old 04-11-08 | 07:59 PM
TLindeman
Rookie

Question

How late does everyone think they may stay? I may be able to jack around with my schedule and still make it???? It will be late though 7-8 ish???

Meetings start at dawns crack Monday. I have to roll out early Sunday am for prep... So if I do this right, I can still be there late Sat evening.

What is a true roll call looking like, and how late does everyone think they may stay???
Old 04-12-08 | 09:09 PM
TLindeman
Rookie

So since there is not one reply after my last, I guess no one went today??? That suck considering it was the first meet... I was going to try my best to make it, but I just got home. How about we shoot for net weekend? Will that work for EVERYONE???

My schedule is tentative now. I have to confirm a class I am supposed to take... Depending on that I may or may not be good...
Old 04-12-08 | 09:50 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

todays saturday april the 12th not saturday april the 11th.

i think you got the wrong year.
Old 04-13-08 | 09:55 AM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iKenn
todays saturday april the 12th not saturday april the 11th.

i think you got the wrong year.
I don't think that really matters

Tlindeman, I was there for about an hr and no one showed. Im game for something next weekend
Old 04-14-08 | 07:14 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

So how did this meet go? How many of you guys showed up?
Old 04-14-08 | 12:15 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Damnit, I was going to go but I just plain completely forgot.

How was it? I hope some people showed so there is good potential for future meets. It would be really cool if we could make these meets work out a little more consistently... we have some cool people on this board, so we gotsta try to hang out more, haha.
Old 04-14-08 | 01:18 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

^ didnt u guys read, he said no one showed up.

we need more communication to remind each other.

we should plan something this weekend, maybe just sit in a parking lot and chill. Just to break the ice.

Quick Reply: Monthly Meet in DFW