Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Anbody have experience with this Phoenix area mechanic??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 01:38 PM
eddievegas
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anbody have experience with this Phoenix area mechanic??

His name is Hank and his Clist ad is below. Seems like a good guy based on his email and his rates are reasonable. He works out of his garage. He owns two Lexus'.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/aos/615163512.html

Does anybody have any experience with him? I'm looking to have him replace my motor mounts and do a 90,000 mile service.

Thank you.

Eddie

Last edited by eddievegas; 03-24-08 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-24-08, 01:57 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ehhhh....i dont know man. I would really just say go to a real shop and get whatever you need done. If you go to a guy that works out of his garage then there is no guarantee that he will warranty his own work. If he messes something up and your car blow up then its all on you. That's just what I would do though.
Old 03-24-08, 02:10 PM
eddievegas
Driver

That's exactly why I'm asking for any experience with this mechanic. I'll do my best to ensure he's the real deal before I trust him. There is a small measure of security in having a dealership do it, but every forum on the planet is chock full of dealership horror stories, and at 2.5-3 times the price, I'm not sure it's worth it. We'll see what happens and I'll post an update.

Eddie

Originally Posted by wildrice09
ehhhh....i dont know man. I would really just say go to a real shop and get whatever you need done. If you go to a guy that works out of his garage then there is no guarantee that he will warranty his own work. If he messes something up and your car blow up then its all on you. That's just what I would do though.
Old 03-24-08, 07:54 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what part of town are you in man? there's a shop I go to on bell and 30th street that I always trust. i forget the name of it but if it's close to you, i'll find out for you.
Old 03-25-08, 01:02 AM
eddievegas
Driver

I'm in N. Snottsdale and work at 101 and 17. As long as your shop is in the East Valley, it should be possible. I'll contact them once you give me the info.

Than you.

Eddie
Old 03-25-08, 03:34 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
what part of town are you in man? there's a shop I go to on bell and 30th street that I always trust. i forget the name of it but if it's close to you, i'll find out for you.
Clifford:
Are you talking about toyomotors? (or something like that) Near that PepBoys on Bell?

EddieVegas:
What are you looking to get done? Definately don't go to the dealer unless you're still under warranty, but there are tons of little shops that can do any repairs for you for cheap.
Old 03-25-08, 08:31 PM
eddievegas
Driver

Wildrice09: See the first post for the work I need done.

I have a couple leads on good mechanics (including the one in question), so I think I have it figured out.

Thanks everyone.

Eddie

Last edited by eddievegas; 03-26-08 at 09:17 AM.