Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

AZ Suspension Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-08, 07:55 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Laveeeeeeeeeeeeeen.

You're a little far from the shop I mentioned. I'm actually going to this shop tomorrow or Wednesday to swap out the brake pads all around, spark plugs, and lower ball joints.

So are you a golfer? Maybe we should have a CL golf outing.
Old 04-15-08, 08:23 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cliffud
Laveeeeeeeeeeeeeen.

You're a little far from the shop I mentioned. I'm actually going to this shop tomorrow or Wednesday to swap out the brake pads all around, spark plugs, and lower ball joints.

So are you a golfer? Maybe we should have a CL golf outing.
Yeah, but my golf game is WEEEEEAAAAAAK! So if you come over expecting to play with Tiger, you'll be quite disappointed . I'm more like....um....if golf was American Idol, I'd be William Hung! haha! But i'm getting better fast so a CL Golf Meet would be cool!
Old 04-15-08, 08:29 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
FWIW, Apex installed lowering springs on my IS and I was happy with the work and price.
Where is Apex?
Old 04-15-08, 10:24 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentyTen
Where is Apex?
When I dealt with them last year they were in Tempe right by ASU, but it looks like they have moved to Broadway/Dobson in Mesa. Rent must be cheaper there... that area is in serious decline.

Anyway, their website is http://www.apexr1.com/index.html
Old 04-15-08, 10:44 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I dealt with them last year they were in Tempe right by ASU, but it looks like they have moved to Broadway/Dobson in Mesa. Rent must be cheaper there... that area is in serious decline.

Yeah thats true, broadway is a bad area, but the buildings that they are in are new, so atleast they aren't in an old and decaying shop.
Old 04-17-08, 06:25 AM
Spooled
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes. i highly recommend UMS Tuning (apex). I used to work in that area, always down at their shop, its not an area worth worrying about.

different map:

UMS TUNING
1716 W Broadway Rd
Suite # 115-117
Mesa AZ 85202

Phone: 480-446-8863

Phone: 480-967-6516

Fax: 480-446-7407

AIM: ApexUMS

Email: info@umstuning.com

Email: apexr3@yahoo.com
Old 04-20-08, 06:09 PM
GiSmo350
Driver

How much did they charge you? Im looking to get my car lowered ASAP. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 04-20-08, 07:25 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GiSmo350
How much did they charge you? Im looking to get my car lowered ASAP. Let me know. Thanks.
$205 to install lowering springs. You might find it cheaper elsewhere, but I was pleased with the work they did and the price on the springs.
Old 04-20-08, 08:35 PM
GiSmo350
Driver

^^^ Dang...Kinda expensive. I was thinking like $100 bucks or so. Might have to buy tools and do it myself...
Old 04-23-08, 02:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

I've removed several (many) posts from this thread both for personal attacks and solication and am closing it.

I would like to draw attention to a couple of our forum rules and a post on 'sense of community' on Club Lexus.

We're here to help each other out, and attacking and downing each other does nothing but create bad feelings. Worse, you guys are local to each other and will see each other at meets, on the roads, etc. I've written up a post to address this issue and put it in several forums across CL (here is one of them)... please take a few moments to read it and also our forum rules on personal attacks and response to comments.

We're not asking you to agree with, like everybody else or to give anyone a hug.... we want you to treat other members with respect and maturity (or simply don't respond).

The second issue is that we've had two vendors posting / promoting in this thread for shops they work for. You need to be a supporting Club Lexus vendor to solicit business or advertise on our forum (click here for those rules). I'm absolutely fine with your participation as an enthusiast like the rest of us... but you need to sign up to be a vendor if you try to sell stuff. That's how CL stays in business and up and running free of charge to our members. It isn't fair to us or to the CL vendors who do support our community for you to solicit work for free.