Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

All Texas VIP meet **Houston** August 31st 2008 @ Red Robin LABOR DAY WEEKEND MEET

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 01:05 PM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to Houston! I'm sure it's ok to hang. I haven't met most of the guys on here. I'm going.

Homer
Old 07-21-08, 05:14 PM
laographix
Rookie

Originally Posted by racinstyle
If you are into VIP and VIPstyle or are just curious about it and want to know more go to www.vipstylecars.com
Ah, yeah I'm already a member on that forum, just didn't know the abbreviation lol
Old 07-25-08, 12:48 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by subparrnd
welcome to Houston! I'm sure it's ok to hang. I haven't met most of the guys on here. I'm going.

Homer

Thanks Homer!

Do you know of any lexus happenings/hangouts that meet reguarly?

What part of Houston do you reside?
Old 07-25-08, 07:10 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Thanks Homer!

Do you know of any lexus happenings/hangouts that meet reguarly?

What part of Houston do you reside?
I don't know of any regular meets for Lexus, but usually on the weekends people like to go to Burlington Coat Factory down at Westheimer and HWY 6 late at night.

I live in Sugar Land and work at a local Lexus dealership in sales. From your sig. you car is nice!

Homer
Old 07-26-08, 11:50 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of any regular meets for Lexus, but usually on the weekends people like to go to Burlington Coat Factory down at Westheimer and HWY 6 late at night.

I live in Sugar Land and work at a local Lexus dealership in sales. From your sig. you car is nice!

Homer
What day is considered the weekend? What time is considered "late at night"? I live in Victoria, travel to Houston every Friday because I have an office on Westheimer and Wilcrest. Occasionally stay the weekend there. I usually go right by that Burlington Coat Factory on the way home.... also which Lexus Dealership are you at? I know a handful of people at the SMLexus Dealership. I also go by there pretty frequently too.
Old 07-26-08, 03:06 PM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
What day is considered the weekend? What time is considered "late at night"? I live in Victoria, travel to Houston every Friday because I have an office on Westheimer and Wilcrest. Occasionally stay the weekend there. I usually go right by that Burlington Coat Factory on the way home.... also which Lexus Dealership are you at? I know a handful of people at the SMLexus Dealership. I also go by there pretty frequently too.
Usually, they congragate around 9:30 - 10 till god knows when. I'm almost 40 and can't keep up with the youngsters. I think it happens more often on Saturdays than Fridays. If you stay the weekend here in Houston, try to drop by. Let me know if you do and I'll try to stay up late! HAHA!

I work over here at Westside Lexus on I-10 and Kirkwood.
Old 07-27-08, 04:01 PM
Tony221
Lead Lap

maybe we should get a lexus meet going if there is none already?
Old 07-27-08, 04:40 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Usually, they congragate around 9:30 - 10 till god knows when. I'm almost 40 and can't keep up with the youngsters. I think it happens more often on Saturdays than Fridays. If you stay the weekend here in Houston, try to drop by. Let me know if you do and I'll try to stay up late! HAHA!

I work over here at Westside Lexus on I-10 and Kirkwood.
I know what you mean, I AM 40! Not far from 41 actually... but 10PM isn't terribly late. Of course if you work on Saturday that means you gotta get up early. Not exactly sure where I10 and Kirkwood is. How far is that from Westheimer and Sam Houston Pkwy? A good friend of mine lives off I10 and Sheppard, but don't remember seeing Kirkwood. The next time I will be there for the weekend is probably going to be Aug 23d for the DUB Show. Either I'm going to put the LS or the Escalade in the show. Depends on whether or not the Wheels are done for the LS.
Old 07-27-08, 05:10 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony221
maybe we should get a lexus meet going if there is none already?
like whatcha mean?
Old 07-29-08, 05:04 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Homer
Homer,
You are relatively close to me as i'm in down here in clear lake.. I don't mind going to westheimer and hwy 6 every once in awhile but driving 30 plus miles to hangout every weekend is a bit for me.. Maybe we could form a weekly meet in Sugarland or Pearland for us Lexus folks in southern houston areas to meet in a centalize location. I'm just a couple years younger than You and LS430R so i think we would make a cool group to hang with. Maybe we can have a meet at Buffalo Wings or Hooters once a week and hangout, talk cars and grab a bite.. Tell me what you think about having something like that weekly? ..Also, i wouldn't mine meeting somewhere and rolling to Burlingtion together every so often..I'm open to any suggestions, let me know..

Don
Old 07-29-08, 05:15 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

I just mapquest from my place to Burlington is 45 miles - maybe i can take the beltway and make it 30 mins, any cops on Beltway??
Old 07-29-08, 09:08 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
I just mapquest from my place to Burlington is 45 miles - maybe i can take the beltway and make it 30 mins, any cops on Beltway??
Yup, there are cops with Lasers on the Beltway. Also, an EZTag would help greatly. It wouldn't take long to get to and from CL to that area.

we can set something up, maybe a few guys getting together with our wives for wings or something. there's a buffalo wild wings at Westheimer and Royal Oaks, Next to the HEB at kirkwood/westheimer.

We can always find a empty row of parking over there.
Old 07-29-08, 09:16 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
I know what you mean, I AM 40! Not far from 41 actually... but 10PM isn't terribly late. Of course if you work on Saturday that means you gotta get up early. Not exactly sure where I10 and Kirkwood is. How far is that from Westheimer and Sam Houston Pkwy? A good friend of mine lives off I10 and Sheppard, but don't remember seeing Kirkwood. The next time I will be there for the weekend is probably going to be Aug 23d for the DUB Show. Either I'm going to put the LS or the Escalade in the show. Depends on whether or not the Wheels are done for the LS.
I-10 runs East/West just like Westheimer. It's about 3 miles north of Wesheimer. In case you haven't noticed, Houston roads are built on a grid runing E/W and N/S.
Old 07-29-08, 12:48 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Please, noone go to the Burlington meet, its full of stupid little kids and people just waiting to follow you home and steal your car. All the meets are starting to get bad, all the kids around here start going and messing everything up. Please be careful, do not go to that meet, I know people that have gone and have had their car stolen, or have been followed home and are now worried about their car.
Theres a Planet-Zero meet going on this Saturday, should be a nice little meet, and they have cops and other mature people making sure everything stays in line. I may go out there for a little bit if the girl doesnt make any other plans.

PS.
How you doin Homer? I finally got put on commission here at work, gonna be ready to get a new ride here in the next few months, gotta let those checks pile up a bit for a good down payment.
Old 07-29-08, 01:20 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

yes, there will be a planet zero meet this weekend. I suggest you guys not go to the burlington meets, I've heard nothing but bad and immature things happen there.

Quick Reply: All Texas VIP meet **Houston** August 31st 2008 @ Red Robin LABOR DAY WEEKEND MEET