Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

HIN Phoenix???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-08, 10:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Have 3GS owners ever shown a car at HIN

Hot Import nights is coming to AZ in october and I want to register the car. My question and what is not totally clear is when we drop off the car and when do we generally take them home. It says drop off is on the friday before but gives no time. Do you guys have any experience with HIN registration steps or drop of and pick up schedule for the cars. I also want to know if you guys have heard anything negative about showing the car and leaving it there for 2 days. I really do want to show the car , even if I have to rent a ****tty *** mitsubishi galant again lol. But I dont want anything to happen to my baby. I eneterd my G35 in an AZ g35 car club show and won best new mwmber and best sedan ( I won a T shirt and alot of wax). The HIN thing is much much much bigger. I think its one of the largest national car shows in the country if not the largest. I went last year with my wife and we really enjoyed the cars. The music was not my flavor though. The cars made it all worth it.

I think the car will do well put here in AZ because, unlike lA, the car here is really a rarity. especially if shes been tuned. I like my 3gs more than my g35 because it is a lot more unique. People in AZ dont drop 50K luxury cars. LA Im sure its alot more common, but here its more rare
Old 08-15-08, 12:59 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Certainly you could ask those questions when you register for HIN? I would think they would be able to provide the answers. And take a lot of pics of your GS350 (with hot bikini babes! )
Old 08-15-08, 10:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

you register online, and there really isnt alot of detail. I will see if there is a 1 800 # I can call. And I will definetely take a lot of pics(babes included)
Old 08-16-08, 10:24 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
And I will definetely take a lot of pics(babes included)
Old 08-17-08, 09:34 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i saw one at the last HIN in miami
Old 08-17-08, 10:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

tons of guys have done it in cali....

drop off friday and leave sat after the show. no big deal
Old 08-17-08, 10:50 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Several of my Neloc members(Apex84[1IS], Cathafer[IS-F,,Lambo], Mr.Mark[Infinity M,,2IS], etc) have entered their cars at HIN over here in the east, not GS's tho. Normally, you do have to drop off the car on that friday, around 4-5 pm if I remember correctly, and it has to stay there until Saturday until the end of the show. Most of the facilities, since most are held indoors, are locked and secured becuase the organizers know that there is some SERIOUS money sitting behind those doors. Most important thing to remember is, due to safety reasons, when you drop off the car, you need to have as close to 1/8 of a tank of gas as you can get. If you are gonna do any kind of lighting effects,stereo demo, etc. on your car then it would probably be a good idea to have a battery charger with you so that you can plug in to the electric and hook up to the main power wires of the car(saves your battery)
Old 08-18-08, 09:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the info man. I am going to register soon. I went with my before in AZ. The music was weak but the cars were beautiful. It was a pretty solid turn out and a pretty solid variety of cars. I am excited
Old 08-18-08, 09:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
If you are gonna do any kind of lighting effects,stereo demo, etc. on your car then it would probably be a good idea to have a battery charger with you so that you can plug in to the electric and hook up to the main power wires of the car(saves your battery)
You have to pay for electricity at HIN, that is unless your booth or group is paying for the electrical hookup. Usually the fire marshalls will inspect all the cars in an indoor venue, and will require you to disconnect your battery once it's in the building. So if you're looking to run A/V in your car, you have to source the electricity from the venue.
Old 08-18-08, 09:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I think I am going to keep it pretty simple and just park it. The venue here in AZ is actually in an outdoor venue , so I wonder if the rules change. Thanks for the heads up on the electrical. I would assume it would be wrapped in the $55 registration fee. I guess not. Thanks again man
Old 08-19-08, 12:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
You have to pay for electricity at HIN, that is unless your booth or group is paying for the electrical hookup. Usually the fire marshalls will inspect all the cars in an indoor venue, and will require you to disconnect your battery once it's in the building. So if you're looking to run A/V in your car, you have to source the electricity from the venue.
correct, most of the cars who use electricity at the show, they have an inverter setup anyway
Old 08-19-08, 06:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

From what I can remember, most of the cars were simply parked, but looks can be decieving. Thanks again guys. I really want to show the car because I think that it would be fun to be a part of the show rather than just a fan walking around taking pics. I was wondering if when I need to disconnect the battery will I lose the memory settings in the car ( stereo, seat,etc) I would be annoyed if I had to take it in to the dealer after the show to have them reset something. The memory setting I can deal with but I dont want to have to make any uneeded trips to the dealership if possible
Old 08-19-08, 07:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Default HIN Phoenix???

I was planning on regitering soon for HIN. I was wondering if any of you guys will be at the show or showing a car at the show
Old 08-19-08, 07:21 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to show at HIN and last I talked to the guys, they all said they were showing. I'm excited, if all goes as planned, there will be a couple hot Lexus showing and debuting.
Old 08-19-08, 08:39 PM
Choke Dogg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When and where is the HIN

Quick Reply: HIN Phoenix???